HP Pavilion DV6 UEFI BIOS F.1B (sp55068 + donovan6000 mods + microcode update)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by tqhoang, Aug 26, 2018.

1. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    Sorry I don't know. I only modified the BIOS from dononvan6000 to add the latest microcode.

2. Guman

Guman MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    Is this BIOS not UEFI? for a long time until I realized .. or is it still possible to somehow replace it with UEFI?

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    It is a UEFI. I sometimes write it as UEFI BIOS, but I know that's wrong.

4. Guman

Guman MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    а как попасть тогда в EFI раздел, его нету и даже windows создает отдельный раздел на жестком дистке под FAT32, чтобы загрузиться с него.... Ставлю MacOS тоже приходиться создавать MBR раздел чтобы загруужать с Legacy!! нету ТАМ UEFI !!!
    теперь другой вопрос, я поменял карточку Wifi и она не включаеться в системе !! Кнопка F12 не решает этот вопрос, я не могу через FN+f12 или F12 Включать WiFI !!! Пришлось искать аппаратный вариант включения адаптера, для этого надо заклеить 20 контакт на модуле WiFi, который при подаче на него напряжения обеспечивает отключение модуля WiFi .

but how to get then into the EFI partition, it is not there, and even windows creates a separate partition on the hard disk under FAT32 to boot from it .... I put MacOS, too, have to create an MBR partition to boot from Legacy !! there is no UEFI THERE !!!
    now another question, I changed the Wifi card and it doesn’t turn on in the system !! The F12 button does not solve this issue, I cannot enable WiFI via FN + f12 or F12 !!! I had to look for a hardware option to turn on the adapter, for this you need to glue the 20 pin on the WiFi module, which, when voltage is applied to it, disables the WiFi module.

5. tonycar

tonycar MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2021
    #29 tonycar, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    (see next message)

6. tonycar

tonycar MDL Novice

Apr 17, 2021
  7. Guman

Guman MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
  8. Guman

Guman MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
  9. Asparagus Lover

Asparagus Lover MDL Senior Member

May 17, 2019
    It cannot be an old mod (see the date of the files), I rebuilt the original, but opened the settings on the video as you asked. And what changes in the BIOS, besides disabling CFGLock, are needed for Hackintosh? It seems all that is needed is the correct kexts and supported hardware.
    I don't understand what you mean by power supply correction.

10. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    Have you tried to make "probe" of register 0xE2? It's value should not be 0x0F.

I'm not sure if it is possible to fix this by modification, or if you need to configure the system in some special way. Maybe because it doesn't work, this setting was hidden? Although, others from the same section are working?! They were suppressed just by the same one opcode.

11. Guman

Guman MDL Novice

Apr 13, 2011
    На эту версию прошивался, но проблема в том что там UEFI раздела не было...
    It was stitched for this version, but the problem is that there was no UEFI partition ...

Ни знаю какие особые способы должны быть... долго искал в интернете как вообще заставить работать UEFI, так и способа не нашел.. только на вашу версию прошивки наткнулся... Ведь на сайт указано что у меня UEFI Bios, а на деле как это работает понять не могу... пару настроек которые появились в этом разделе, точно работают, попробую сейчас другие настройки протестировать...

I do not know what special methods should be ... I searched the Internet for a long time how to make UEFI work at all, and I did not find a way ... only I came across your firmware version ... After all, the site says that I have UEFI Bios, but in fact, how I can't understand it ... a couple of settings that appeared in this section work for sure, I'll try to test other settings now ...

12. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019
    No no no. You got me wrong. I didn't mean the other mods with MC update but MEMORY register "E2" which, when set to "F" in hex, breaks Hackintosh power management.

13. Asparagus Lover

May 17, 2019