HP530 Notebook Vista activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by solracna, Feb 25, 2008.

1. apoorvasheth

apoorvasheth MDL Junior Member

Jul 25, 2008
    #41 apoorvasheth, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #43 Yen, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #44 Yen, Jul 31, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. muiz

muiz MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Activated fine , tried both x86 & x64
    Didnt flashed the bios or anything else

5. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    hello all
    am new to this great forum
    i just found this forum while i googled for my problem>>>>HP 530 notebook

i installed too many copies of vista,,,(oem,,,must be previously activated from the factory ),,, i also tried too many cracks (paradox,time stop,and others),,,but every time it stay unactivated.....

am now using vista business,,,i have 28 days left for activation,,,i downloaded the file that (muiz) uploaded,,but when i extract the zip file,,,i read the read me file and it say this is for vista ultimate,,,so obviously i can not use it for my business.....

also i downloaded the file that (tnahcreE) uploaded,,and i got a (bak) file and i do not know how to run it
    could anyone help me to solve my problem???

is there any good method to activate HP 530 vista business????:eek:

6. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  7. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    #48 ricardo, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  8. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    I would have to disagree..:p
    The unmodded bios alredy has a complete SLIC and it's 100% same with the bios extracted from the machines that came with Vista preinstalled.
    It is all about the flash tool that is used by HP.

9. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    No ofence taken, but not everyone on this forum is born with English as mothers language.
    The tool is probably available only for internal use by HP.
    If you are able hack HP's computers and get the tool many people will benefit.

Greets...:p

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #51 Yen, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
    To andrey_sebastian:
    That's a bit thick. To imply that don't know how to talk............

I don't know what's your problem!
    Uniflash is a flashtool, the syllable UNI is short of UNIVERSAL! So you're a bit slow on the uptake???
    UnI is a negation of I :p

And why should HP provide a flashtool that allows to flash the complete bios, so that everyone is able to flash a OS free machine to a Vista licensed one???

Yes, the incomplete SLIC overrides the softmod, the patch we've developed patches the incomplete SLIC to a complete one and corrects the OEM IDs of the RSDT.
    Softmod = softmod?? How can you appraise our new way not knowing how it works?
    A softmod is a program that allows to get a successful activation. Soft = software, mod = modification.

Honestly I don't like the way you are talking to me, that's all. As petar said my native isn't English, yes, but I think all other members here can confirm that I always try to give my best and try to explain all I know about that matter.

And sorry that the softmod here is working and you've guessed wrong!
    Make an effort and read about the matter, after that we can talk again.

No offence, but I'm saying what I don't like.

Btw: The command slmgr -ato is NONSENSE. It's needed for online activation only.

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    All right!:) My words were a bit hard, too. Let's forget about the little misunderstanding.

As I advised to you to try to modify the bios (TEST string) I didn't know all about it. We figured out that at a activated machine you find exactly the same code as the code of the update bios file. At a OS free machine you find a modified bioscode .
    So the conclusion is that the provided flash tool of HP doesn't update all parts of the bios, since the update biosfile is the same (only one is existing). The suggestion was to try another flashtool like uniflash and to hope that the complete biosfile will be updated.

And yes. The shortcut of rwloader should stay at autostart folder to remain activation.

12. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
  13. muiz

muiz MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    x64 installed fine

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #56 Yen, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Very detailed instructions, Regina.

Could you please try another way to execute rw?
    (I have to install Vista first....)

You know gpedit.msc? (I'm translating now some technical terms from my native to English, so they could vary to original English OS).
    Disable UAC.
    Press windows-key+R to open run window and type gpedit.msc.

The group policy management console will start.
    Go to computer configuration, windows, expand tree and locate scripts. Choose start. You can now add scripts and additionally command lines to execute the script at start. You can try rw.exe plus command line, or rwloader, or the activation.cmd

This allows to execute rw earlier. Next time I will install Vista English version......

TIA.

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #57 Yen, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
    Some things you shouldn't forget. It's summertime and some of us who are trying to improve this way are on holiday.
    This way is still under construction.
    I'm familiar with biosmodding, not necessarily with writing a softmod.
    We are doing this in our spare time, for fun and educational purposes (I don't have Vista installed, cause I don't need it for work!)
    Most of us are working day after day, and when we come home there are surely many other things to do......

Your primary intention seems to me to get a free license, so why don't you buy a license instead of investing 24 h (wow) of your precious time?

I'm engaged with bios modding since March 2007, I even cannot count how many hours.... but I don't have to....I don't give a sh*t!
    I'm excited when I've modified a difficult bios and it works.

Tell me one good reason why I / we should improve that way and not cancel it? It's my ambition to realise a way that is keeping me on.
    There are a lot of other members who are asking me for help, YOU are not the only one!

I've replied with another suggestion to try, there is no reason to depreciate it. AFAIK is this the only forum whose members are trying to patch a SLIC...

If God should free Tibet tomorrow, you would be still without a free license, so why care about?
    If I can give you a piece of advice, I would say that you should be more patient.
    So have you tried to run the patch that way?

16. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
  17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The SLIC was patched, the RSDT not. Please wait for Regina for advise.

18. ricardo

ricardo MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    ok,,, i found that the order must be like this::
    slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\svap\hp.xrm-ms

now the operation ok,,,lets find what will happened when i complete the full procedure