HP530 Notebook Vista activation

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by solracna, Feb 25, 2008.

1. reginakampher

reginakampher MDL Addicted

Apr 5, 2008
    Yen, did you understand this? Can you explain it to me?

2. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    NEW DEVELOPEMENT !!!!!!!

I made an error in my test machine. I incorrectly modified the VMware BIOS. The RSDT had a incorrect checksum value. I have corrected this and I am rerunning the tests in VMware. I am now getting results similar to Yen's results. Let me run couple more tests and I will post results. The results so far looks very good in a VMware environment.

3. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I have been working on some code in assembly thats allows to read/write to high memory address in pure dos and after some tests, the preliminary reports look very promising. You will be able to use grub4dos to run the exe then launch Vista. I need to code a loop to write 374+52 bytes then will have some of you test it. This method will execute at the earliest time before Vista. Stay tuned...

4. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    THE PATCH WORKS !!!!!!! I made the corrections to the VMware BIOS and reran the the tests in the virtual machine for several cycles just be sure and it passed all the test I put it though. I fast forwarded the system time in the virtual machine 31 days and it remained activated, passed the validation check from M$ site, and MGA diagnostic tool reports "Genuine". I then fast forwarded the system time to the year 2015 and it still remained activated, still passes the validation check, and still shows "Genuine' from MGA diagnostic tool. There was no activation nag screen, no counterfeit nag screen, and no "This copy of windows is not genuine" notification on the lower right hand corner. Yen has also reported the same using his physical machine with the system time fast forwarded. WOW. I can' believe it. It really works (at least in a Virtual machine environment). Of course, confirmation is still needed on a physical machine with ACTUAL passage of time (not fast forwarded). I see flagmax is working on another solution so we may also have an alternative method. Great work flagmax.

Additional note: Windows Update also worked when the system time was fast forwarded 31 days and 61 days but produced an error (80072F8F) when the system time was fast forwarded to 2015. This error was due time mismatch from the system time to the M$ update server time. Therefore, the Windows Update test was inconclusive.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #105 Yen, Aug 5, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    Sorry, I had to quit after several reboots (of my mind, LoL) yesterday night and couldn’t answer the questions………………..

But what do I have to see now? Andrey_sebastian has deleted all his posts here! A wise decision!

Let me say one last thing to you: I’m not slow on the uptake, I’ve sure got what you’ve said. And I know the colours green and red! Don’t notice me as stupid as you are.

You’ve got a real problem, you’re impatient, cheeky and disrespectful towards me and others!
    I don’t wish to cooperate with you again! We don’t need any turbulences here. Your knowledge about this matter is a ‘copy and paste’ knowledge……..you still haven’t got that the Vistaloader writes its own SLIC and leaves the original empty one alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now back to topic! The expectations are much better now! The AutoExNT method is working well at my test machine! And Regina has now confirmed the results…..

Flagmax is here again! Another expert is writing a loader!

@all

The chances to realise this project successfully are very well now!:):) There are set backs and new results and progress. Such is life!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Nice to hear that AutoExNT method of launching works , thx to M$. If you guys still use my RW Scripter program and need me to update something to it, let me know. I am open to ideas. Can be as simple as renaming stuff so you won't have to do it manualy.

I am just curious, with this method, are there any S3 issues?

I am not an expert or professional programmer. I simply like to learn which is enough to do anything, just takes time ;) Google is my teacher. As far as modding anything related to bios, I had zero knowledge of it 2 months ago. A friend asked about it, I googled on to this site, started reading, asking questions, testing the methods and here we are. Before I though, flashing bios, ment to have money ready for new motherboard, but now I know of recovery methods and hotflashing as a way out of bad flash. And learning to mod BIOS to magically introduce SLIC blew my mind, I am still WOWed by it. Now, the new method here is icing on the cake!!! Thanks to all the regular specials here for making it possible. I am glad to be a part of the research.

Sounding off-topic, hopefuly will post something better next time.

7. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    Your tool is excellent. I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you for your contribution. I do have a very minor suggestion. How about changing the output file name of VistaActivation.cmd to autoexnt.bat?

8. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    WOW. Thank you so much. And it even came with a bonus. That was very thoughtful of you. Thank you again.

9. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
  10. aleontari

aleontari MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2008
    Dear Regina
    Many thanks for your instand reply!! I will try it this afternoon.

11. aleontari

aleontari MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2008
    Dear Regina Hi again!

I 've just finished performing all the tasks you geve me and the result is success.
    My HP 530 with vista ultimate +SP1 is activated!!!

Many thanks again to all of you in this site for your hard work!!

12. Ale'mp3s

Ale'mp3s MDL Novice

Sep 3, 2008
    #115 Ale'mp3s, Sep 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  13. reginakampher

Apr 5, 2008
    The credits actually go to flagmax and Yen. They developed the WoW method.

14. ahmad_zakout

ahmad_zakout MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2008
    Can You Please send me the file cause i have a problem with rapidshare.
    68MVU.ZIP
    on
    ahmad_zakout@yahoo.com. and i`ll appreciate that...

15. DEBKOL35

DEBKOL35 MDL Senior Member

Mar 20, 2009
    #118 DEBKOL35, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    i am in big trouble friends.....plzzz i need ur help !! i am using HP 520 and facing the same problem. can the 530 method help me?? :(

PROBLEM SOLVED AFTER USING WOW6 !! THHXXXX A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

16. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...