Huawei and Trump Ban

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by frogs2b, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #21 Yen, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #22 Joe C, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Today in the U.S., it is very difficult to buy anything that was not made in China (even steel girders for making bridges). Almost everything here is now made in China, Because China forces a 7yr old to make clothes to compete in a world market. And everybody wants a cheaper shirt.

Lately though I have been reading that Indonesia has started to be able to compete with China on cheap products. Trump is only attempting to balance out the lop-sided trade balance, Which was caused by the Clinton administration back in the 90's ... to bring the U.S. cheaper products to help the sagging economy back then... it was a very bad idea. 100's of 1000's of Americans lost jobs because of this.This is the cause and effect that we now have Trump as POTUS, because the people of the U.S. could not tolerate another Clinton in office

The (so called) trade war:
    Yes... it will cost Americans more at first but in the long run this country will be able to have more jobs producing products not made in China... This is Trumps goal

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. frogs2b

frogs2b MDL Junior Member

Nov 25, 2015
    American companies moved their production overseas Not to make cheaper products for the consumer. They moved to increase their profit.
    Levi's moved to Mexico. Cheaper labor, same retail price.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #24 Joe C, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    It was the Clinton administration that opened free trade with China, Yes, corporate greed took over after that but the govt did manage to get cheap products into the American market. And now the U.S. society is full of cheap throw away products, not good for landfills or anything else. The last pair of Levi's I bought were made in Turkey..... it has been a awhile since I bought any Levi's. I now get American (Brazil) made Carhartt jeans because they are much better quality and cheaper too.

5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i wouldnt use any Huawei devices does thing are completely insecure.

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #26 Yen, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    That's the reason why it is plain stupid to impose duties if you want to build new factories to strengthen own productivity / boost own economy.
    To build factories you need steel, aluminium and other imports and Trump imposes them with duties, what a dork.

Another point is.... would the US citizens make the same products at home for the same Chinese's income? I guess not.
    They would get much more expensive and even the hardcore US citizens who anyway would buy them had to admit that their money has lost value. It's the price you have to pay but it would be now made in the US.

There is law of tariff war that always applies....on both sides there will be losers only. Temporary winners are illusionary.

Pointless assumptions are pretty useless. It rather points to an easily manipulable mind parroting what others want them to believe without to question it....

7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #27 Bat.1, Aug 28, 2019
    :g: With NO memory, I'm thinking it was Q3 1984 when de bottom fell out on de Oil Industry in LoUiSiAna :confused: Those few of us that didn't leave to work on the East Coast were lucky to have Wives/Sig Others that worked for de soon-to-be largest employer in Cajun Country, Martin Mills -aka- Fruit of de Loom. Between Unemployment and My (Then) Wife making over 7 Bucks a hour like most of the other MM employees, we made it through the "Hard Times". Fast Forward to Q4 1998 and MM had long shut down and moved everything overseas. I was in Cebu Philippines and met a young lady that worked at MM there. Three Rides (90 minutes) to work a 10 hour day then another 90 minutes home and she made around $2.30 a DAY !!!

"Another point is.... would the US citizens make the same products at home for the same Chinese's income? I guess not". .........Well Not if they want to eat o_O

8. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    NO this intel came NSA telling US citizens not to use this devices and they know more than we do.

9. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #29 Joe C, Aug 28, 2019
  10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Yen, it is probably difficult to understand what is going on here in the U.S., of course we make steel here too. But we could make a lot more steel here in the U.S. if Chinese steel was fairly priced, They under cut the cost so they do sell at a loss (to the Chinese people) when you consider the extra cost to ship across the Pacific, to California and finally to Detroit.
    The Founding Forefathers of this country used import tariffs to build this nation up. Export was free

11. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #31 ipx, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2022

12. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Not more than "we", more than "you".

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    For an american it took you rather long to come to that conclusion.... but then, you even think that the choice between a Trump and a Hilary is democracy, right?

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know where you come from Tommy Man, but I'm sure your country has it issues too.

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    States by definition ARE the problem, there is not a single one that finds my approval.
    But, my criticism is always very specific, that you as usual answer it with an empty phrase, was to to be expected. Have you ever tried to imagine what normal people in the rest of the world, even the many normal ones in America, really think about a country that offers an election between a half-monkey and the most revolting and corrupt person ever, as democracy?

16. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Half Monkey didn't run against Killary de last Election. Two Term limit as POtuS ;) Thankfully Trump Beat de Crinimals :cool:

17. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    For me, as a European, I of course preferred Trump. It was easy to see the coming advantages. Less wars in foreign countries, instead, more mass shootings back home.
    China will simply force its people to live with the decisions the Party makes, they are used to it. But hundreds of thousands Americans will be unhappy with the consequences of the trade war that the half monkey did not foresee.
    One of life's great joys at the moment is reading the WSJ for breakfast... just keep buying the big magazines for you semi automatics and keep eating the Oxys, what is good for corporations is good for america.
    Imagine a christian fundamentalist like Mike Pence as potus in five years... who needs netflix, with comedy like that in real life.

18. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    o_OEvery time someone posts Impeach Trump I always ask dem to repeat after Bat... PRESIDENT MIKE PENCE:wub: But you should quit calling Obummer a haf Monkey cause people gonna say dat Racist

19. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    For some reason, you have this strange notion that the people of the U.S. actually decide who's going to run for office?
    Where does that come from?

20. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    really have u seen whats happening in Beijing people dont want Chinese rule.