I bought a windows 7 key and cannot download from windows site

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by toolkit, Oct 2, 2017.

1. wyatt23

wyatt23 MDL Member

Apr 2, 2017
    I must not laugh I must not laugh I must not laugh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Nice "ontopic" convo....

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Since the thread went OT already I can reply that way...

I think it's about an own decision, the decision not to pay for it...to determine an own value.
    He's paid 15 bucks for it. The personal value.
    It's a sort of self-justice, own ideology whatever.

I myself distinguish between products of companies where I say the price is worth for it and products where it isn't.
    In other words I respect their work/price relation or I do not. And I have a look at their marketing characteristics / strategy.

There is a reason why people distinguish at all and there is some enforcement due to monopoly.

If a company's ideology is aggressive marketing and monopoly they are creating a potential of resistance.

The reason why I had been involved in license mimicking and all the modified BIOSes is firstly own fun and challenge and to learn something.

But also to show that it CAN be mimicked and provided to others to offer the opportunity to mimic another alternative license and the option to activate it without to have paid their price. An option to 'strike back' against an aggressive behavior and accumulating of capital.

It is against copyright laws, but with regard to 'right' it is own freedom.
    I am aware of legal consequences, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
  5. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    He did pay too much though. You can get OEM/Refurbisher keys for 2 Euroes. Personal value or not, OP got ripped off.