I have a rant

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, Mar 24, 2018.

1. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #41 PointZero, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #42 Yen, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    I honestly feel where I live is a safe place. I hear sometimes stories about home burglaries around...but not there where I live exactly.

Also when I travel through S/E Asia there was never a threatening situation.

Once we had a party outside with BBQ and beer some 10 kilometres away from my home and some idiots with baseball bats came and wanted to have a fight....
    Most of the people just ran away....I did not and continued to drink my beer. :D
    Suddenly one of them came to me and yelled towards me: "I think you need bashing!!!!" I smiled and said No, not me..just turn around maybe there is someone else..I pointed with my finger away from me....I raised my glass and said cheers.
    Then another one of them came and took the one away....lol...they left me alone.

Maybe just good luck maybe not...
    I think most of fear is in our mind. The media are full of horrifying stories. Compared to real situations which concern us personally bad feelings mostly come from imaginations of future bad situations which might happen.
    One needs to find a good balance of taking care of oneself and levity...
    It's actually 'enough' to get concerned about the moment of a situation and not about thoughts of a future bad situation. I know it is not easy...I also have bad thoughts about the future..sometimes.

I like to get info how other people think about that and I want to know something personal and how are laws at different places. I like to exchange opinions.
    When I came back from my trip (Vietnam / Thailand) I saw this thread and contributed. When I travel it is also important to me to get in touch with local people just to talk.

BTW: I met an US citizen. He lives in Thailand for 14 years alone in a small bungalow on a small island close to a fantastic bay....he was a teacher and has moved a lot in his life. He's 74 and still freediver. A very interesting person I loved to talk about politics and 'common' things of life. :)

I frequently post at the discussion section. And there is no objection when the threads are going in a nice and respectful manner. :)

Thanks to everybody sharing the thoughts and opinions. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...