If God is Omniscient then Human is not free.

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Apr 9, 2013.

?

Free will doesn't exist If God is omniscient.

1. If yes, why?

35 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. If no, then how?

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  1. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    GOD HMMM religion was created by man not god so I don't believe in any religion, I do believe in god a creator who also instilled good and evil in man and gave man free choice or will !
    if there is no choice then there cant be a heaven or hell because you had no choice it was predetermined ! ergo be nice and go to heaven or just be a nice person and enjoy life !

2. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Free will exist and GOD is omniscient in then physical aspect. If we can prove or disprove anything about GOD, then it won't be called faith. We, in the physical realm, try to explain GOD in the our "physical world. We cannot conceive or comprehend GOD because it is beyond understanding. If you attempt to prove or disprove GOD, you will be disappointed all the time.

It's like trying to explain how the universe was first came to be (no it wasn't the Big Bang (theory)). Then you have others who try to explain what was before GOD created everything. This is all in the physical word. Why do we need to to explain everything beyond our knowledge? People make money on all these theories. Just accept what is and concentrate treating each other with respect and competing with each other. We do not know what goes on on earth, but we claim to know more on what goes on in the universe.

IMHO, life is too short trying to understand GOD! We claim to say that GOD is a man with long grey hair with a beard. If you really want to "see" what GOD looks like, then all you have to do is look in a mirror and GOD will be looking back at you. GOD literally made us in his image. You cannot state GOD can't do things because he created everything.

IMHO, just accept that GOD exist, and try to get along and life should be more fuller for those who don't try to explain GOD. Just accept, and more on. If you talk to GOD (in your mind) every day and thank GOD for the every day things we have and when things don't go the way we want, then you have to accept that it was meant to happen and that's part of life.

In closing, Jesus had is cross and He gave his life willing without complaint so that we will be save from our sins and have the opportunity to have eternal life. All GOD asks of us is to do his will. To find out GOD's will, pick up the Bible. I could go on, but when people read this, they will try to either disprove what I'm stating or say nothing at all. If you pray and sincerely pray to GOD, He will help you understand what he wants of us. This is the hardest thing we have to do because it's the unknown, GOD speaks to everyone but they can't hear Him because they have other things in their mind.

My mom passed away this last Saturday (January 20, 2017), she was 78 years old. I've been taking good care of her since my father passed away four years ago, on December 26, 2013. Those four years since my father passed, I had a very close relation ship with mom. I would do anything for her, even if I didn't like what she wanted. All my mom wanted for my younger sister and myself was to get along. For over fifty years I tried, but little sister and her family, didn't want to get along. Everything was for my sister. When mom passed Saturday about noon while we were having lunch, she had a stroke in front of me. I kept telling mom, please don't do this to me. When the ambulance came, she stopped breather, and she passed at 1:23pm at the hospital. I had to call sister to let her know, but she wasn't to shaken because she had no real feeling for mom or my father. It was all about her. She was ready to through me out of mom's house because she wanted to get the most money from the house. I was grieving over mom because I lived with my parent for all my 56 years. She is the stress in my life. I thought when mom passed, my issues with sister would be gone, but I was wrong. I never had a close relationship with a woman besides the last four years, so no one could ever understand my situation. If mom died for me so I can have my own life, then she was wrong because I wanted to SHARE my life with mom. I wanted to do for her and make her happy, which in turn would make me happy. Some people would say that I'm a mommy's boy or that shouldn't be that close with your mother. I obeyed GOD 10 commandment to the best of my ability, "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee." Little sister was always taking and I was always taking.

I am terrible sorry for going off topic, I needed to show that even the passing of my mother, It will eventually make me stronger. I don't know when or how, but I just keep faith. GOD had gotten me this far, and I am nor angry at HIM because things happen for a reason, and I may never know until it is my turn to go. Faith isn't meant to be easy, it is hard. A priest told me that we must suffer and take up our cross so that others can get to heaven. Suffering is ment for others and not for ourselfs, Just like Jesus Christ did for us.

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Thank you for your condolences. I like your signature, it shows that your are a very understanding and very intellectual person, caring person. That's the main reason why I come to MDLF, because most users, including yourself, respect other users opinions and we support each other. :)

5. J0hnBlaze

J0hnBlaze MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2014
    Omniscient - is defined as "all-knowing". Knowledge is separate from wisdom. Wisdom is the application of knowledge. The application part requires a choice. Either something choose to take action or not to take action. Having the knowledge of everything leaves free will to choose how to act upon that knowledge.

People seem to assume "God" is a being. More people seem to think "God" is a single being or entity. When "God" is simply the underlying intelligence within all matter. This matter is what creates the multi-verses (if such things exist) universe, galaxies, solar systems, planets, Continents, oceans, atmosphere, and every living and non-living molecule that exists along with the molecules substructures. That is what God ultimately is. This is how "God" is all-knowing and how "God" is within each of us. We are entirely made up of "God" and as such, we are all connected to each other and the universe. This is the hermetic principle of correspondence; That which is above is like that which is below, that which is below is like that which is above. Here is an awesome visualization of the concept that scales by the power of 10 as I've described in the above paragraph:

There is also a great quote from the Oracle of Delphi in Greece: "Heed these words, You who wish to probe the depths of nature: If you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither will you find it outside. In you is hidden the treasure of treasures. Know Thyself and you will know the Universe and the Gods"

If you want to uncover occulted knowledge and really learn from one of the best Alchemists I've come across, please check out Mark Passio. His website is whatonearthishappening.com

I started with the natural law seminar, parts 1 - 3 on the video tab.
    Then, I listened to the podcasts 1 - 196 in order (approx. 2 hours long each - a few are up to 8+) These are college lectures on the psychological factors that are used as weapons against us.
    In breaks of the podcasts I watched his other video lectures on his YouTube channel.

This man who put out all of this work for free, in my opinion is the single most important source of information regarding self-awareness, psychology, occulted knowledge, astro-theological origins, and so on. Simply amazing and all for free. The most recent lecture is the only thing not free and it will be in the next month or 2. He speaks at some places, sells it while lecturing, and then offers it free once done. I sincerely hope you guys enjoy this information and it is safe for all. It is not religious but does break down religion to separate the wisdom from the allegories.

-David

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1906 Yen, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    @vze2mp9g Thank you for your open words. I am very sorry for your loss, too.

@J0hnBlaze There are a few people like Mark Passio.

There is a difference of intellectual understanding and wisdom.

Self-awareness has to take place in one-self. And the master is the Self and not Mark or somebody else.
    I do not know Mark Passio, though. Cannot make a valid opinion.

But I know that some people follow others who seemingly have gained spiritual wisdom.

The problem is to recognize who can tell something that is personally useful (out of own real spirituality AND experience) and who is just a plastic preacher....struggling with a new ego role: "The spiritual one that has to tell something important"...

One thing that indicates a crook is that the one offers something special.....what others don't have....

Finally any illusionary character would unveil itself sooner or later...

gnṓthi seautón :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. emk810

emk810 MDL Member

May 12, 2016
    "Be like a true scientist - only trust that which can be validated in experience" --Rupert Spira

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #1908 Yen, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    My profession is science. Anyway I soon came to the conclusion that the materialistic ideology is actually wrong.
    Materialism has limited range where it applies and soon one encounters conflicts.
    Newton and Descartes are old already...since Einstein energy and matter are two appearances of the same phenomenon...and many more...

Idealism covers more, but the consciousness-only model is self-reasoned.

There were Idealists who assumed an 'absolute spirit' which will be reached during time (evolution of mind).....but they forgot that this absolute is beyond time and hence it will not be reached..it is.

BTW. I posted what IMHO indicates a crook.....

but he said

I am in agreement....seems he's ok.

9. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    The discussion is still going on.. Good to see different opinion.
    Most of us believe that, as we put it, “things donʼt just happen”, for example., that events donʼt occur without being caused to occur. And outside quantum mechanics, every other branch of science – physical, biological, medical, social, psychological, etc. - shares that assumption.

Einstein believed that this assumption was justified. He believed, more generally, that the universe was deterministic in the sense that every event that occurs is
    caused by other events in such a way that the causing events bring about their effects, or in other words, “determine” the effects they will have. Our ancestors, and superstitious people (I'm sorry to say) to this very day, shared their belief that every event that occurs is ultimately caused by a -god or gods. But as a scientific world-view gradually took hold, educated people came to believe in natural, rather than supernatural causes, of the changes they saw in the universe around them. Tsunamis, for example, donʼt occur because the gods are angry, rather they are caused by (“determined” by) other events such as earthquakes, landslides, and asteroid impacts. And the same with everything else that happens: -- physical and mental diseases, and so on.

The foremost example of this deterministic world-view was Newtonian physics. Newtonʼs laws of motion provided causal explanations for the behaviour of all
    physical objects in the universe, from the way billiard balls interact, to the way the moon revolves around the earth, and the planets revolve around the sun.
    Newton showed that the position and the momentum of an object such as the moon at any given time “determines” its position and momentum at any
    subsequent time (provided, of course, that some other object doesnʼt interfere with it).

Subject to the non-interference proviso, the position and momentum of the moon at a given time – its “initial state” - determines the position and momentum of the moon at every subsequent time, whether or not we know this initial state. And if, in addition, we also know its initial state, then making use of Newtonʼs laws of motion, we can predict the moonʼs future states. This fact, of course, together with other facts about the position and momentum of the earth as it revolves around the sun, is what makes it possible to construct tide tables for years, decades, and even centuries in the future.

Newtonian mechanics was, and still is, highly successful when it comes to describing the mechanisms governing the behaviour of largish, “macrophysical”,
    objects. But early in the 20th century, physicists investigating the behaviour of extremely small objects, such as subatomic particles, found that they could not apply Newtonʼs laws to the description of what was going on at this “microphysical” level. Thus was born the new physical theory known as quantum mechanics.

To be continued when I find time.

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    But... God who is the creator of nature and all "natural" things, would obviously use nature to his will

11. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    In my believe GOD means Planet Earth.
    So Free will is not a question for me.

12. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
  13. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Free will doesn't exist. My free will is to be king but...I am not :mad:

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Either that or you missed an opportunity... or century... or a real life... or....

15. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
  16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You are confusing will with realization. You can have the will to be king spontaneous and out of freedom...nobody limits it.

17. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    #1917 amajmon, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    There is no confusion as there is no free will because a person is always dependent on something or someone. You think Christ has free will when he says; "Father, let be your will, not mine."?

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds to me that Christ is giving his free will to his father, voluntarily ....not because he has to but because he wants too. You can't get any more free will than that

19. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    #1919 RanCorX2, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    god / religion are a product of man, as are all words and descriptions. They all things we have made up and added to our cultures to try make meaning out of life, as no one knows truely why we exist and what our true purpose is.

Life is whatever we make it to be., i.e. free will.

I do however believe that religion denies us free will, some religions more than others. I hope one day people wake up and put religion in the museum where it belongs as a failed experiment to bring meaning to our lives, it should of never of been about believing in some all powerfull creator and worship of his son, They should've tossed all that nonsense away and just used the bits that were useful like teaching us good vs bad. All the other stuff was about controlling us and making sure we did what the church told us to do.

We should be looking elsewhere for answers.

20. bornoffire

bornoffire MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2015
    [​IMG]