Ignorance is bliss !!

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Jul 19, 2013.

?

Ignorance is bliss.

1. If no, why?

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. If yes, how?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    In another way of asking this question would be to ask, if the truth is worth knowing even if the truth is horrible.
    Any thought?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Alas!!!! it took 4 days to appear here.:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Four extra days of bliss my truth seeking friend :biggrin:

4. shaggah

shaggah Guest

The truth is the only thing that has meaning, and it does not matter if it's good or horrible.
    Ignoring the truth will not make it go away.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hi again sid_16.

The importance / meaning of things depend on the one who makes these relations (always to himself). All those are relative truths, own truths, meanings and hence have their relative importance.

What is bliss?
    When you walk along a street at a beautiful summer day and you see the trees, flowers, clouds, you feel the breeze you take a deep breath, you close your eyes, you smile, you feel good, you feel alive and you get a taste of bliss, what characterizes this moment?
    Is it ignorance? Is it knowledge?

Ignorance is bliss. People might say so because if I don’t know a particular thing, I cannot be involved and the conclusion that if I know nothing I must be full of bliss, because I am not involved in anything = freedom and bliss.

But that is no bliss, it's rather apathy. Knowledge is no bliss either. To know what I wrote is no bliss.
    Bliss needs no reference (not even to ignorance). Bliss means to be.

Be aware next time when a taste of bliss shines again on you :sun: ..and feel that it is independent on some-thing. It is the joy of being.
    A professor can be full of bliss and a farmer. The amount of knoweldge / study has nothing to do with bliss.
    Knowledge is an accumulated object comparable to money both have no reference to bliss. And bliss has no reference to own relative truths / opinions/ views.

6. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    It may come down to which you value more, happiness or truth. :cool:

7. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Hello Yen sir,
    Ignorance is not bliss for those who are ignorant, but bliss for those who're wishing to control the ignorant ones. ;)

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The laughter of a dictator and pride are not bliss. History showed that all the time. ;)

As I have posted bliss has no reference to anything. It is the joy to be.

9. shaggah

shaggah Guest

If you prefer untrue happiness, go ahead.
    I prefer any kind of truth over anything untrue.

If you ignore the truth you will find yourself living in an alternate reality.
    You think you feel better, but the moment will come when you can no longer ignore the truth, what then?
    You will not like this moment!

10. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Don't you feel that there is a point where we should stop truth-seeking in regards to certain subjects? Don't you feel that there may be a/ some circumstances in which the illusion is better than the truth (behind the illusion)? :confused:

11. shaggah

shaggah Guest

No, I don't.

12. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    How will you know the illusion is better than the truth without finding out what the truth is first ?

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

May I add: @sid And how do you know this is the truth and that is the illusion? What is 'behind' And what is 'in front of'? :D

I sit in a train and I look out of the window. Next to me there is another train on its own track and I notice the windows are relative moving to each other, I cannot determine if 'my' train moves or the train next to me. So I have to change my (PO)V. Another 'truth' reveals, but always again a relative truth...a truth referred to me.

One cannot seek for the truth since it is absolute. You are 'a part' of this truth and anything you find is referred 'to you'...all you find is a relative / limited truth = illusion (Einstein said that as well). To us light needs 8 minutes from sun to earth, but light itself dosn't age...where is the truth? Both is relative true = illusional

14. Infernal_Cowboy

Infernal_Cowboy MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2013
    Running away from the truth, one just puts himself in bigger trouble. And so on, until nothing but the trouble will be all around. That's why there are so much suicides in countries where adult people are living like crybabies.

15. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    They live like cry babies cause they are spoilt.

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It's an absolute point of ex-stasis at and immediately after the climax of sexual copulation we all seek... :D

So, I surmise that Sid is sexually hungry! :p:biggrin: :D