Instalation of w7 : My fight.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by anthonygg37, Oct 20, 2020.

1. anthonygg37

anthonygg37 MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2020
    #21 anthonygg37, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    (OP)
    I will instal MacOs or Linux or Vista or XP but I really don't like w10 for these reasons :

About windows 7
    I still use Windows 7 because I know this OS very very well.
    I'm very productive with it and it is really stable.
    I can do all I want and I need with it.
    = perfect os for me 9,9/10
    But it took me time to know everything.

About windows 10
    Forced Update

Windows 10 has forced update who crash computers, plant drivers, modify your installation, active things you had desactivate.
    I read articles and my friends report issues with update every 2-3 months ...
    If you are gamer it's ok, but if you are pro it is huge problem. You don't have time to resolve problem you didn't had before.
    In nuclear power plants, aeronautics, army, satelites, medecine, you prefer reliable than newest.
    You can't try every update or it can be dramatic.

Microsoft defender
    It simply deleted all my files for software I used *no-cd*.
    You can't desactivate it. It relaunch everytime and in every update.
    And will clean and delete all your job without asking you.

Integrated graphics / dedied card
    W10 force you to use your integrated graphics when you are in desktop.
    It use your RAM and CPU for nothing. I prefer use my Nvidia card with setting I want.

Liberty / As a service phylosophy

Windows 10 philosophy is to have every windows computer the same setting / version.
    Me I don't want a new verstion every 3 months but a stable version with liberty !

I have no time

IT is a tool for me. For my needs It must be productive and reliable.
    I don't want to spend all my time to configurate W10 who will modify again everything all 3 months update.
    I prefer use a W7 who is productive and i learned to use.

I travel a lot

So I need to master why my computer do.
    One day it started one update and crashed because of low connection in a country with few internet option. Also I use sometimes phone in country like Switherland, Russia, Ukraine who has specific internet and it can cost extremly expensive.

[spolier]

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Old, obsolete, no longer working properly
    Those people are better off with forced updates then their paranoid behaviour
    Yeah, base it on one persons complaint
    Nerds who think they have any clue, clearly showing it
    One time config, done for 3 years on Edu/Ent

Most in this list is just copy/paste hyping.

Pro:
    best coded windows ever, suoports all current hardware/configs.

3. prengle

prengle MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2019
    lol i didn't think there were so many windows 10 shills on mdl, of all things. calling it the "best coded" version of windows ms has ever produced when they're using us as their beta-testing guinea pigs is so tone-deaf it hurts

i imagine there wouldn't be any win7 drivers for a laptop that just came out one year ago - it's already a pain in the ass trying to get windows 7 working with enthusiast motherboards and ryzen cpus and so on. as much as i hate to say it, windows 10 is probably your only option. i have seen people running windows 7 with 9th gen desktop intel parts but i have no idea if there are hacked drivers available for ice lake, and even then i'm not entirely sure if it'd work with mobile cpus

ltsc 1809 doesn't get any major feature updates so try that first, but i don't think it supports 10th gen intel hardware. if ltsc doesn't work for you then your best bet is getting a win10 education/enterprise iso and tweaking the hell out of it until it becomes even remotely usable.... or just use linux, i guess.

and no, as crappy and half-baked as windows 10 is, it does not force you to use your integrated gpu on the desktop.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It is the best coded Windows ever, but i am not doing these "based on unfounded copy/paste hype" types of discussion, i am a maintainer of a windows 7 ISO creation tool, which works on very recent hardware but crippling an old and obsolete OS, which hardly can maintain itself, to have it "running" on the most current hardware is just ridiculous.

5. anthonygg37

anthonygg37 MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2020
    Please if i'm in this so cool forum, it is to have TECHNICAL SOLUTION.
    Nobody missed the huge and forced advertissement of microsoft to moove to windows 10, you don't need to repeat it !
    If I am in this so cool forum it's to meet GREAT pro and nerds to learn and progress with them in TECHNICAL way.
    Only alpha expert ITguy can do it.

This moral debate about W7 and W10 was made million time.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/why-are-you-still-using-windows-7-poll-from-zdnet.82485/

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    A technical solution is not always reachable, specially when the most basics about how the technics work is not present.

My advise is not about MSFT pushing users to 10, it's about the limits of the OS, which was best in its time but can't cope with the current hardware developments in many scenarios.

And people not having a clue wanting to do the nearly impossible (if not entirely impossible).

And be aware that some here will keep you running in circles without having a clue themselves.

7. tantalus7

tantalus7 MDL Novice

Dec 10, 2016
    Try ditching the UEFI and going Legacy - it worked for me.

8. Wong Ting Lun

Wong Ting Lun MDL Novice

Jun 26, 2020
  9. ipx

ipx MDL Addicted

May 24, 2017
    #30 ipx, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2022