Install Media Customizer Kitchen - IMCK (formely known as "Custom Toolkit")

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by inTerActionVRI, Nov 22, 2022.

1. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    Sorry for raising expectations.

Many details were being improved during the tests below. This is good for improvements, but bad for those of you waiting for a release.
    But many, many tests were carried out after integration of the UUP dump App (necessary for the continued operation of the "UUP Updates Downloader" since the uupdump.net website, apparently, was discontinued) and W10UI as an alternative to the WHD updates procedure itself. MSMG Toolkit.

Already raising new expectations, you can simply place the latest uupdum-x86*.7z, uupdum-x64*.7z and W10UI*.zip packages in the IMCK.cmd folder and configure the IMCK.ini configuration file so that the script do the integrations as needed.
    The display of component descriptions can also be disabled through this configuration file.

A list has been created for the Customize Menu and Tweaks.

Yes, I'm fine.
    The problem is below:
    Just testing for the last 3 weeks, to find out which damn components is disturbing the functioning of the Taskbar and Start Menu, from this small list below. Only for builds 22621, from the second Tuesday of August until now.

In this little List:
    Code:
    # :: [2]  Multimedia
    FirstLogonAnimation

# :: [3]  Network
    WalletService
    WindowsMail

# :: [4]  Privacy
    CEIP
    UnifiedTelemetryClient
    WiFiNetworkManager
    WindowsInsiderHub

# :: [5]  Remoting
    OneDrive

# :: [6]  System
    Wordpad

# :: [7]  SystemApps
    AsyncTextService
    EdgeDevToolsClient
    WindowsReaderPDF
    NarratorQuickStart
    PeopleExperienceHost
    RetailDemoContent
    SkypeORTC
    WebcamExperience

# :: [8]  WindowsApps
    Family

I want to deliver this version by isolating the removal of the component that is causing the problem.
    But it looks like it's a set of components. Still haven't figured out what they are.

If I don't remove these components, everything works. This is the only accurate comment I can leave.

2. zlip

zlip MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2015
    #102 zlip, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    I can't find the custom presets in the current version of IMCK.
    It would be great to have a video demonstrating the use of IMCK, I couldn't find anything on YouTube.

MSMG 13.6 is supported on ltsc 2019 build v10.0.17763.4737.
    Imck informs that it is not compatible with this build.

Thanks for your work.

3. Pacio1982

Pacio1982 MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2021
    where to download imck some link ????

4. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    It is in:
    3 Remove Menu --> 1 --> 1

IMCK is in version 13.5, hence the unsupported message. But if you are using IMCK on Toolkit 13.6, IMCK supports the same versions that the Toolkit supports, despite the message saying otherwise.

In my signature!

5. zlip

zlip MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2015
    What is the difference between nsudo, minsudo and powerrun?

6. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #106 inTerActionVRI, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    (OP)
    minSudo is part of NanaRun and would be the successor to nSudo, but it is in the preview/experimental phase and developer @Mouri_Naruto said he would release a new version around March, but did not release any more updates.
    PowerRun is an alternative.

nSudo is the default Toolkit option. You always have the best compatibility when it comes to removing components with ToolkitHelper. In other words, it's what works best to date. And, I also confirmed it through some comparative tests I did.

Note: And removing components only works using elevation of rights as trusted Installer.
    Only elevating admin rights using "Run as Admin" causes problems when removing components through ToolkitHelper methods (list and Remove Components Menu).

7. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Developer

Jul 10, 2014
    I'm sorry to delay the development of NanaRun because I'm working on new versions of NanaZip, NanaBox and NanaGet at that time.

I'm also struggling about the user experience which I want to bring to users for NanaRun at that time. But I think I have ended the struggling and the development can continue.

Note: MinSudo is the simple tool for users who want the elevate to high privileges in NanaRun tools. It only needs some small adjustments before the stable.

Kenji Mouri

8. zlip

zlip MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2015
    #108 zlip, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    what is the difference between "Sub-Menus to Select Components for Removal" and "Sub-Menus to Automated Select Components"?

9. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    In Automated Sub-Menus, those menus are automatically generated and there are no conditions for removing components, no rules for removing the component dependencies. I mean it will broke and keep some UWP apps (components) that will even work or not properly work.

10. GeorgePirkl

GeorgePirkl MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2018
    Heeeey ... how its change ? Its some moth and longer time will be for 13.7.. before msmg got all alright in his life .... soo anythin about 13.6 imck ?
    Btw do u get thath job about whitch in month maybe more u write me ?

11. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Hey! Check out your Discord! Sorry for the delay in responding!
    TESTING version there!

Now we're talking about a Release Candidate!

12. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009