iOS on Android Device?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lg_73, Apr 25, 2016.

1. lg_73

lg_73 MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2016
    Hello there! I am new to the thread and was recommended by a friend to solve my problem. It's quite clear, is it possible to put the iOS on an android phone? So far I have received many no's because ARM architecture not being compatible. Although, I still believe it's possible. I think all I would have to do is delete my BIOS and replace them with iOS but I'm still unsure. I'm not nearly as keen on this stuff as others are on this site. If you need more info just ask. Thanks!

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Dont think its possible because

1) Android phones have vastly different processors and hardware compared to Apple
    2) Android is open source, Apple isn't

The closest thing would be to use a launcher from android or a theme that looks like Apple.

3. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    They are not compabible. I don't think you can make it happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    ermm..Apples A8 and current Android SoCs both are ARMv8-A compatible.
    ....the prob is closed source of apple...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pvdven777

pvdven777 MDL Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Yes, but I believe some of that is due to internal hardware design which means that even if you were able to get iOS running, theoretically, on another device you will still not have the benefit of any of the hardware based security features.

6. nmook

nmook MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2015
    Bummers I been trying to do the opposite I been trying to find information on installing some other operating system on several ipod touches version 5 instead of their default ios. I am not interested in themes or shell icon apps. I am told it is impossible. I do not believe in impossible. Good luck with your quest

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012