Is anyone working on Win 8 Activation??

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by NCS, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woot332

woot332 MDL Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    lol :p ;)

2. zfeet

zfeet MDL Junior Member

Oct 23, 2007
    We have to wait until OEM machines have been released.

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ... or Lenovo deliveres a key as usual. lol

4. dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2007
    hmm dont think just having a key will work since it will have to fit the hardware profile etc. afaik

5. Jachra

Jachra MDL Member

Apr 5, 2010
    And OEM keys are now unique per system and each one is known by Microsoft.

6. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I too am not a fan of Metro, but Windows 8 is very fast and stable, plus there is Classic Start Menu which you can set to never see Metro again on your computer if you really won't.

You wouldn't abandon hot chick just because she has ugly hairstyle, wouldn't you? :uvdns:

7. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I wouldn't use software to make it work the way I want when I can use Windows 7 and have it look great and function well. Windows 7 for me is fast enough and more than stable enough so the faster boot times Windows 8 offers me makes absolutely no difference to me personally.

I like almost nothing about Windows 8 so the "hot chick" isn't that hot to me. Id rather go for the girl who cares, treats you well and looks good ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    DAZ, I like your words about the girl and in terms of a desktop or laptop machine, I agree with you but tablet is something different. W8 is the only software which fits perfect with a touchscreen. I was running a tablet that came with W7 and was quite ok but when I tried W8CP, I enterd a new world and I'm sure that I'm not allone with my mind on that. The tablet market will increase and many people will like the new way of handling these units. I'm not talking about arm-based tablets with preinstalled OS but these guys still owning a tablet and want all touch features on their machines.

Paul

9. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Tablets are the exception for me as I could picture myself laying back and looking at some websites, reading some things in my news feed and checking my emails. However, putting that OS onto my desktop simply doesn't work as I multitask a lot so I may have a browser open, a virtual machine, a few folders, music playing and my email client. All of that I can switch between faster in Windows 7 than I can in Windows 8, why? Because I don't have to press tons of buttons or ever have my screen covered by a single application. Like I can press the start button and still view everything else that's going on, plus I can load things just as quick as I could in Windows 8 by pressing the Windows key and then typing what application I'm looking for. So why would I struggle to make Windows 8 behave like Windows 7 when I can just use Windows 7 and be happy? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    @best for me windows 8 on tablet could be made to be one of the coolest remote controls ever. I agree with Daz I don't see changing Windows 7 for quite some time

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    That's what I'm using it for since a while among other things. :biggrin:

Paul

12. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    As said before, I agree with you always looking at desktop and laptop and these are the major instruments that work fine with W7 but on the fun side, a tablet with W8 is simply cool.

Paul

13. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    is there is already something about the HP activation?

14. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Very kool :):)

15. betonesto

betonesto MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2010
    I noticed that by just deleting a certain registry key the window 8 activation or expiration nags never happens (with clock rolled forwards to april or so of 2013).
    The only thing is that the systems reboots every 2 hours without warnings. Why can't we just figure out what makes it reboot and stop it or reverse it?:rolleyes::biggrin:

16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Because it's not the RTM version and releasing activation exploits before RTM ensures they get blocked in the RTM version. Also that's not activation, it's hacktivation which is messy and bound to fail once Windows 8 starts to receive WAT and Windows Defender updates. It also then makes it harder for real activation exploits to work since the systems in a bad state.

17. netsonicyxf

netsonicyxf MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2007
    Hope the OEM activation will be effective in Win8.

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It will. And all the pirates have to skip it and will stay at w7. The common consumer will skip it as well since he cannot handle metro on desktop PCs and don't want to have ugly 2 dimensional tiles in AOL style from the 90s---->M$ and w8 will fail.

19. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    what i see is w8 is suitable only for tablets and mobile devices. As told by Daz, it really brings a tn of hassle just to switch between windows. M$ says w8 has true multitasking, to me its a s**t for desktops. W8 will certainly fail. the market of tablets are growing but will they replace desktops?

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    No never, but they might replace notebooks. I could imagine a tablet that comes with a real keyboard, so you can attach the tablet as screen and the keyboard is the docking station. Also you could plug in a real mouse at the docking station and a SSD/ HDD /DVD device. It would be two in one, you simply remove the screen and you have a portable tablet. Asus has already such a device, but it's a tablet with real keyboard 'only'.

To me the problem is: It actually doesn't matter if w8 should get low sales at first, one day there will be no more w7 (support expired). And we have to use w8, w9 all with metro.
    Thanks to monopolism!