Is ballroom dancing difficult to learn?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve Nash, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Steve Nash

Steve Nash MDL Novice

May 2, 2012
    Recently I am crazy about ballroom dancing since it looks so graceful. I am planning to learn. I wonder whether it is hard to learn.
    By the way, I am stiff. Is it difficult for me? Does anyone learn ballroom dancing? Plz share your experience.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    There are many different. Some have easy steps, but it all depends on if you have a passion for it and feeling for rhythms, body and expression. To dance is passion to music and here the steps and moves are fixed.
    I would not say that I am stiff or something, anyway I tried ballroom (Viennese Waltz) when I was 16 and I did not enjoy it. I didn't like the music and the fixed steps distracted me too much when dancing. And it has been kinda old fashioned to me.
    Try it. You have to, to know if you like or not. Choose one where you like the music from. When having fun and passion you can, I am sure.

Anyway I love to dance...free style on parties / club. :) But I am very choosy concerning the music...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Not difficult, if the teacher is any good.

I can't stand dancing normally, looks like so much bouncing, flailing around and randomness and the stuff they call "music" is so loud and painful I don't know how they tell if it's music or not. Not everything that has a beat is music.

Ballroom is a different matter entirely. What Yen calls "fixed steps" is what I call "order in the chaos" so to each his own...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mxtecsu

mxtecsu MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2012
    Dono about that ? But it sure looks difficult :)

5. mxtecsubs

mxtecsubs MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2012
    It sure does look difficult when I see on on TV or on stage.

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Learning ballroom dancing can be,slow slow quick quick slow..

7. d.karakasa

d.karakasa MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2012
    some people learn fast, some people don't, some are a natural.

for me, I'm like a dancing zombie in terms of dancing of any kind :( ^_^