Is it just me or does Windows 8 SUCK?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by berryracer, Jan 4, 2012.

?

Do you like the new Windows 8 Interface?

1. Yes

40.7%
  2. No

59.3%
  1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    LOL!
    Absolutely right. :rofl:
    +1
    Very funny.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. segobi

segobi MDL Addicted

Jul 14, 2009
    heh right never paid a cent for any windows version yet... except the costs for pre installed versions... :) Free technet ftw.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Me2. My employer pays them for me. I only use valid licenses to develop exploits, lol.

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Me too.... by just the help of MDL & MS User Group :)

5. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Like most things it will take some adjusting. Much like your first drink of beer or whiskey. Wasn't that good but it grows on you.....

6. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    So many people trying to make excuses for metro, trying to spin it into something useful, reminds me of that old saying.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

7. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Metro is the most beautiful, elegant, smooth, slick and productive UI of all time. Anyone who doesn't like Metro are Luddites, stuck in the past, and knows ZERO about technology. Those pathetic people don't deserve to enjoy the gorgeous Metro UI of Windows 8.

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Who is stuck? The ones who are waiting for something that will be inflexible (w8 beta, deeelaaayyyyeeeeddd). Only talking about how great it will be. ( in a year?)

Or the ones who enjoy already what M$ tries to copy??? A perfect app market a perfect good looking fully customizable OS?
    Progress means to move forwards, to be stuck is static, those who wait are static. To be the last means to wait for w8.
    Think about it. :biggrin:

9. pezzonovante

pezzonovante MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Android is good-looking? Lol! Then we should stop arguing, because we have totally different views of beauty. Windows 8 is so far ahead of any other OS out there, that it makes iOS and Android look 5 years older and from the dinosaur age. NOBODY is buying Android tablets. In fact, the tablet market doesn't yet exist -- apart from those iSheeps who are buying the iPad which is nothing more than a toy.

Windows 8 gives you the best of both worlds, and it is by far the most gorgeous looking OS EVER. It's not a copy of those crappy "static grid of icons" UI that Android and iOS has.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yay, I like this thread. :D

There is no accounting for taste. So to discuss about doesn't make sense.
    Anyway you cannot judge about Android. Why? Because it's that highly customizable that you cannot imagine how it looks today and you never will know how it looks tomorrow. Haha!

Tablet market does not yet exist? On the moon yes. Please don't state untrue facts, get statistics of market shares!

Samsung and Asus make decent tablets

When I want to have plain 2 dimensional design then I go to the toilet and have a look at the tiles there! I don't need metro for it.

How is it waiting for beta? :D For something others have invented, a stolen app store?
    M$ has missed the internet some years ago and they are missing the app age...all what they can is to fail!

Static grid of icons? It's the app drawer, which is a sort of explorer. The desktop is different.
    I also can state the explorer has a static grid when showing tiles or other views but details.....:rolleyes:

Btw: You are missing the correct time. W8 RTM does not exist.

"Windows 8 gives you the best of both worlds" Windows 8 will give you the best of both worlds.
    55% is not convincing better pray for it, lol.

..not meant to be that serious I like to have fun here..lol...:);)

11. mishel2003

mishel2003 MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    No, it seems better than Windows 7. Metro is better than sh*tty Aero. I'm still using XP because I hate the look of Vista & 7's Aero, it's so gay!

12. Samlappy

Samlappy MDL Addicted

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm going to install Windows 8 when the Beta comes out in Feb but I have seen some videos and shots of the Metro style of Windows and I think it's great that Microsoft are going to change the way we use Windows.

13. dareckibmw

dareckibmw MDL Expert

Jun 16, 2009
    LOL! actually metro looks like sh%t! images are soooo flat, made in Paint by amateur... :biggrin:

14. mishel2003

mishel2003 MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    If you want 3D effects, use 98. :biggrin: Flat is cleaner and sleeker.

15. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    @yen,
    well, okay.
    i hope you have had your fun.........
    speaking just for myself;
    i am unhindered by any knowledge beyond vista.
    and i uninstalled that in 5 minutes flat..going back to xp..
    now i see the whole chatbox here begging for the first leak of w8...
    i shall have a good hard look at ubuntu and wine, for i cannot for
    the life of me understand where m$ thinks that they are going....
    just more s**tty graphics that nobody needs, and no usefull
    functionality....and that with activation issues that nobody needs,,
    who do they think they are, i wonder..
    just my 2 cents.......

16. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    The real issue with activation is getting around it to get windows for free.

Windows is just easier than linux to my means.
    I study IT so it shouldn't be a real issue, but is it realistic that you have to open a terminal to install a program in the year 2011? And that, in order for that program to run, you again need to do a whole shizle and tizle.
    It might also be that's because there are more linux distros than atoms in the universe, and things that work here don't always work on another distro.
    You may have gotten a bad taste because of the early days of vista, but on a decent pc with windows 7 it's all mroe than ok.
    Except for metro that many people dislike, everything in windows 8 is improved, more optimized and streamlined than ever before.
    It's really not an old dinosaur on steroids, the kernel is made pretty well.

Win8 is ok but people need to get used to it, like always. It's just like facebook: everytime someone changes you hear people crying, screaming and complaining it's bad. Well, travel in time to 1 month further, who is still complaining? Exactly, nobody, most of the people already forgot how it used to be before.

17. MillerCoors

MillerCoors MDL Member

Jan 5, 2012
    i love this new metro styles

18. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    hi stannieman.

i have not paid for windows, ever, since the days of w3.0.....
    it is against my principles..i really appreciate your point of
    view. and i agree with your view on linux distros, but i do
    feel that we should draw the line at m$`s products.
    it is getting worse every day.......

19. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Windows certainly got better from xp to 7, not on hardware from 10 years ago no, but on new hardware it owns xp with 2 fingers in it's nose.
    And Office is also an MS product, and it hasn't been beaten as of yet, especially excel.
    Visual studio is an excellent IDE that ships with a good C++ compiler.
    Skydrive is the only free service where you get 25GB for free.
    MSE, is it a good AV for the regular user or not? I think it certainly is.
    WP7(.5), in essence there's nothing wrong with it. Though I don't use it, for me android on 1, WP on 2 and iOS on 3.
    IE doesn't own other browsers yet, but IE10 takes the same size of jump as IE9, and IE11 does the same then we are about to see some nice things.

But my point of view isn't really objective, I'm an MS fan :rolleyes: