Is microsoft monitoring illegal activations?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by darct, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    I thought if one was caught they would force you to install and use Windows 9, when released.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    corrected that punishment for you.

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'd say it is legal unless you are duplicating the licenses (means to run two different machines at once).
    The MSDM serial activates on ANY other machine online as long as it is the FIRST activation.
    If it is activated already, then you need to activate it via phone. You don't have to speak with somebody there.
    Type slui.exe 4 as admin (CMD)...and follow the instructions: You get an installation id you have to enter at your phone, then they return a confirmation ID to be entered to activate windows.

If you have decided to go for a 'free' version, I rather would use a MSDM key twice than to activate it via MTK (KMS).

We have the EULA from M$ and we have local laws and we have a own sense of justice.

To me the EULA comes at the end.:D
    It is actually simple. Any method that creates a license which is not issued by M$ /OEMs is illegal.

To my sense of justice any method that does not duplicate or create a new license is 'legal'.
    That means to transfer the license is OK. Also to use an unused license elsewhere...
    We here have duplicate licenses, because the client machines have their own licenses (OEM). But all the clients (windows 7) are activated via company KMS....it is paid twice so to say...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    That's what I was looking for word wise. Ahh EULA you are the most bastardized legal text the world has ever seen. At this point I view EULA as a document which has become antiquated due to its ambiguity in the world today. In my mind any extension beyond the trial is a license bypass which is not to say I do not like them it just says how I define them ;). That being the case I wouldn't even shed a tear for MS loosing money for the product they put onto the web known as Windows 8 or Windows 8.1. Microsoft's quality control has reached a point its just chock full of bugs. That being the case do I encourage piracy? To a point but ya gotta know what your getting into legally lol.

Also I enjoy reversing far too much to stop and its educational :p

5. hack

hack MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Windows Vista is stable as Windows 7 with latest service pack and current bugfixes. Microsoft fixed all of them. Also Windows ME is worser anyways.