It's official. 22TKD-F8XX6-Y... will be WGA-blacklisted soon. What now?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by freibooter, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AristoChat

AristoChat MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes that's true history ... many will sell fake Windows copies as original ... a lot of money is around this business ...

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The answer to your thread title: We do nothing.:D

We already have evidence that M$ (I'm not posting details) has updated WGA checks.
    As long as official OEMs are using SLICs at bioses we are save. We just have to build in the SLIC like they are doing. M$ has to scan for possible differences. I don't know how deep they will go, but we will change out modding technique if needed.

Btw: The actual score is:

Biosmodder : M$ = 4 : 0

Vista RTM
    Vista SP1
    Vista Sp2
    W7 RTM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. freibooter

freibooter MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2007
    BIOS modders, or "mad scientists" as Microsoft phrased it so nicely, aren't really on the WGA teams agenda.
    As long as creating and selling fake Windows 7 OEM hardware isn't a viable market us private BIOS modders should be fairly safe from persecution and I personally can't see either of those two happening.

So, I do agree that "we are safe" but we still need a new key ...

... once we have a a key that can't be easily blacklisted we can truly sit back and stop worrying.

4. FABIGUI

FABIGUI MDL Member

Jun 2, 2007
    All the oem machine until now are taken as pirates, Win 7 is not officially release yet!!!

5. iaTa

iaTa MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Is the 22TKD-F8XX6 key the only key to have leaked so far i.e. it's the only option for all BIOS mods and loaders?

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    yep, otherwise this post would be totaly irrelevant, woudn't it?

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    AFAIK yes. Everybody using it and 'contacts' M$ will be detected as pirate.
    FABIGUI stated that absolutely right!

We have to wait for OEM_SLP keys that are used at official instalations as well. I was very surprised when I've heard that a key was leaked. AFAIK official pre-installations will not ship before September....anyway it works...;)

Btw: slmgr -upk uninstalls the key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    yen help

slmgr -upk uninstalls the key but how can i uninstall the cert i know its in the Tokens.dat

9. piar

piar MDL Novice

May 7, 2007

Could that key have been leaked deliberately to test how brave our community is?

10. freibooter

freibooter MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2007
    The shipping date is fairly irrelevant. Mass-production is already starting. Microsoft won't be able to convince a OEM partner to reinstall images on thousands of already produced machines in order to change their key.
    The current key simply leaked a little bit too early in the game. Its a matter of days or weeks at most before OEM keys can't simply be blacklisted any more, we don't have to wait until October 22nd (which is the official launch day in stores for both the retail copy and presinstalled PCs).

11. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    got my post deleted on Neowin when I made a similar assertion about deliberate leaks and monitoring from M$ to "evaluate" how fast it propagates around the globe and which countries are the worst culprits.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hehe..I don't think so. There was a just leakage somewhere (Lenovo?)

It's not needed to uninstall the certificate. If somebody wants to re-write a tokens.dat:
    This is originally for Vista (haven't tried for W7, coz IMO no need for)

1) Right-Click on Command Prompt (found at accessories folder) and select 'Run as Administrator'
    2) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    3) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
    4) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    5) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    6) Type net start slsvc
    7) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    8) Reboot Twice

Just uninstall the key if you don't want it anymore, no worries about the cert.....

13. Infitima

Infitima MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    You all keep saying rearm till October, what about the supposed released keys to MSDN and Technet on August 6th? Those have to be valid, right? So why not just wait till then?

14. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Those keys are generated when a member requests them, with limited ONLINE activations there are no offline activation methods for Windows 7 other than OEM activation. If a technet key leaks then the person loses their subscription and then faces criminal charges.

15. Infitima

Infitima MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    So if you have a friend that's a subscriber and they give you their key? It only works for one person, or what?

16. jackdor

jackdor MDL Member

Jun 20, 2009
    [
    1) Right-Click on Command Prompt (found at accessories folder) and select 'Run as Administrator'
    2) Type: net stop slsvc (it may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
    3) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Ro aming\Microsoft\SoftwareLicensing (there is no free space at 'Roaming', it's a bug, cannot edit lol!)
    4) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
    5) Type: cd %windir%\system32
    6) Type net start slsvc
    7) Type: cscript slmgr.vbs -rilc (It may take a long time for this to complete, please be patient)
    8) Reboot Twice

thanks yen will give a try

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    In Win 7 the path is:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

18. joontje

joontje MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    Blocked or not, a new one will take its place..

19. johnnie83

johnnie83 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Why is everybody so eager to uninstall this key now? Just wait till' it gets blocked, uninstall the key and wait for a new one. Right?

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah thanks, I'm still running XP here and cannot check myself...