Kaspersky feels the heat

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, May 15, 2018.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Depends on whom you listen to: NSA would say they are moving their spying operations further afield... :rolleyes: Those are the guys who tried to frame them, using Israeli intermediaries... :D

Imagine this, they aren't involved with the Russian state after all... :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I think I read something last year that states that the Russian govt passed a law stating they can look into any data they want that is coming into their country. Kaspersky is currently in Russia. I do not think that Kaspersky willingly gave data to the Russian govt, but there's nothing stating that the Russian govt can not take data from Kaspersky.

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Actually, this is different: NSA used Israeli firm to try to frame Kaspersky and then... Search online for more info... Whatever they accused Kaspersky of - they did it themselves, actually!!! So, who is getting into everybody's SW/data, really?!?

My money is on the big money and there is no bigger money than the USofA and its gov!!!

5. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    According to this article, Kaspersky himself admitted that his software probably picked up those tools from the NSA.

Doesn't sound like he was framed.

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  7. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    And why should I believe that article from a Russian website I've never heard of before?

I don't really care though since I would never use Kaspersky software.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Russian? Gitouttahere... :D :D :D

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  10. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
  11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    What does CIA have to gain? How about a constant warfare, cold or hot, against an arch enemy? You don't need a conspiracy theorist to see that...

Interests, pure and simple, especially if they can't buy or order Kaspersky around to do their bidding...

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    How did this turn into anything but an informational thread about kaspersky?!?

@lewcass (wazzock): Out of respect for the staff, please refrain from political conversations (and accusations).

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I've cleaned a bit.
    Please stay on topic (kaspesrsky).
    Thanks.

Can close if needed...;)