Kinda Like Some Better Way Of Modding

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by hellohello, Jun 30, 2007.

1. hellohello

hellohello MDL Junior Member

May 10, 2007
    Wow, that sounds easy. Thanks for the info Yen :)

2. jimmyrollins

jimmyrollins MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2007
    #22 jimmyrollins, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
    Yen, I tried the ISA method on my Biostar TF7025-M2 AM2 board with Award bios and it worked PERFECTLY!!!! :D

I modded my own bios. :p

I now have an ASUS SLIC table in Everest and an activated Vista. :)

Thank you for bringing us this information, maybe it will help others too. By the way, do you think we could use different manufacturers SLIC tables with the ISA method, such as HP or Dell?

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jimmyrollins

jimmyrollins MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2007
    Yen, I know the Asus slic table is a "notebook" version, but I would like to use a desktop slic if at all possible. Are any of these ISA modules from desktops?

Thanks,
    JimmyRollins

5. jimmyrollins

jimmyrollins MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2007
    Yen, this definitely works great. I tried the Dell ISA module and it worked perfectly. This will help many people mod their own bioses. ;)

Thanks for sharing this with us, you are the best!!!! :D

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #26 Yen, Jul 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
    If the isa method is not working you can try to insert as isa2 or as isa3 module like this:

CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A4:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA1)
    CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A5:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA2)
    CBROM BIOS.BIN /OTHER 40A6:0 ISA.BIN (---->ISA3)

ISA.BIN is the ISA module you want to insert.

You can check after with CBROM BIOS.BIN /D

This will raise the chance to get it to work. If there is a ISA module already you have to insert it as ISA2 or ISA3 module.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    Hey

I tried cbrom p4p800se.rom /Slpkey bbpubkey.bin on a asus p4p800se bios just to see if it would work and it just sat there forever, didnt' appear to do anything... i expected it to drop back to a prompt, i waited 5 mins and nothing so i cancelled it, how long should it take?

any help appreciated

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Usually it's done at once. Prompt is back in less than one second and shows progress in percent, or shows error message.

9. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    do you use that method to modify p5b's and p5k's and so on Yen, or does that require a more manual method?

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    AFAIK are all P5b's AMI bioses. They can be easily modded using Zhaoliang's AMI v3 mod tool. This is nothing about Award bioses and Cbrom!!!

Yen

11. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    ahhh maybe that's why i'm having no luck, can you please post me a link to his AMI mod tool? Thanks!

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #32 Yen, Jul 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  13. ziddey

ziddey MDL Novice

May 21, 2007
    #33 ziddey, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
    Sorry to post this, but I'm a little lazy at the moment. The dfi p965-s board is extremely sensitive to bios modding and order, and I've had many bricked bioses in the past. I've got a second bios chip to hotflash with, but it's currently bricked. I don't have the motherboard on my bench anymore, so hot flashing is a little difficult, so I've been lazy and haven't bothered hotflashing the other chip to working order. I know the smart thing to do would be to recover the other chip first in case of catastrophy, but am thinking of forgoing it if isa approach is safe, knowing the background of this board. Sorry to be lazy :p

update: so I decided to take a chance. Figured if it didn't work, I'd pick up a p35 ;)

and good news. successful injection of asus slic to dfi p965-s 703 rebels haven bios. and so incredibly easy! just used isa2. will post to rapidshare for all

THANKS SO MUCH YEN <3

14. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    #34 phrunt, Jul 15, 2007
    where can i get my hands on IAsus.bin? are you just taking the bin file out of the NISA-ALLOEM.rar and renaming it from ISA.bin to Iasus.bin?

(ignore this post) found it on another post

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #35 Yen, Jul 15, 2007
    The filename doesn't matter. The isa.bin file in asus folder = iasus.bin. The file is absolutely the same.

You can rename it to what you want. What about "MYVISTA.BIN" ;)

e.g. cbrom yourbios.bin /isa MYVISTA.BIN

Edit: remain filename 8+3 (DOS conform)

Yen

16. halaween

halaween MDL Member

Aug 31, 2007
    I have one question

- What is the difference between OEM7, ISA2 & ISA3 bios moding methods ?
    - Which one is better

Thank you

17. alex_voyager

alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2007
    A little question:
    Award bios is editable? There is some method to unpack it and examine using winhex?
    Using cbrom is possible to put a new module but not unpack the bios, or i'm wrong?

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #38 Yen, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
    It is possible to extract each module UNPACKED (except the system bios I don't know) using the extract command. It's also possible to release (remove) the module. It's possible to add a module. It's not possible to replace them. The order of the modules is not remained, cause the one you've inserted is always found at the last position.

e.g. 'cbrom bios.bin /pci extract' extracts a PCI module
    'cbrom bios bin /gv3 release' releases the gv3 module
    'cbrom bios.bin /isa Iasus.bin' adds a ISA module called iasus.bin.

By just typing cbrom you'll get all the syntax.
    The structure of a Award bios is really at a low standard. All AMI and Phoenix bioses have got a 'modern' srtucture of the modules.

Yen

Yen

19. alex_voyager

alex_voyager MDL Junior Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Tnx YEN you are my guru!
    I also found a little good utility awdbedit.
    (awdbedit.sourceforge.net).
    Have you tried it? ;)
    bye

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes I know that tool. I used it to do a SLP1.0 mod. But be careful. It cannot handle the Award bioses of all newer boards. To extract the modules it's ok, BUT NOT TO REBUILD THE BIOS!! It's a old tool and not developed for them. Also modbin is often too old for it. The only one that's developed and is able to handle all bioses is cbrom1.82 (dated 2007).

Again: DO NOT USE A BIOSMOD DONE WITH AWBDEDIT!!!

Yen