Lenovo c100 bios 1.05

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jonno, Nov 30, 2011.

1. jonno

jonno MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2011
    I bought a wireless n mini pci card and of course it doesn't work because of the whitelist thingy (I have never looked into a BIOS before so please bear with me).
    I have Googled for ages and been trying to use various tools to hack the INSYDE bios but for instance ezh20 needs a file with a .fd extension (I think). The BIOS package from Lenovo has a .ROM extension and EZh2o can't see it.

I have found the ID by putting the card in at the boot prompt and already have the old card ID. What I need to do is unpack the old BIOS somehow but either I am using the wrong tools or Lenovo have some sort of proprietorial ROM which can't be seen.

Its a pity because I want the new card to grab files from my network storage and it is much better but obviously I can't leave my laptop in bits just to keep plugging it in and out.

Anyone able to help?

Cheers
    Jonno

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Please post a link to your BIOS the current ID and the ID of the card to be replaced to have a look

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jonno

jonno MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2011
    #3 jonno, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    (OP)
    I have the following from the cards

Fitted Broadcom - PCI\VEN_168&DEV_0029&SUBSYS_2091168C&REV_1

Atheros N to be fitted - PCI\VEN_14E&DEV_4319&SUBSYS004A14E4&REV_02

And the bios can be found at
    support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-63673

Hope this suffices
    Jonno

PS downloading and opening the file only results in unzipping the files to C and won't try to install the bios onto a system