LENOVO (IBM) Bioses, especially Thinkpad. Previous requests

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by simkard, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-paperboy

the-paperboy MDL Junior Member

Jun 1, 2007
  2. the-paperboy

Jun 1, 2007
    Be sure to use the Winphlash offered earlier in this thread, under Windows XP. If no XP, down load an XP Make disk and run from that environment.

I too had many unsuccessful attempts, with both Phlash16 and other versions of Winphlash.

I am using this BIOS on the laptop to type this message, so I can attest it's integrity. Enjoy, TPB

3. max69687

max69687 MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2008
    It worked!!! Pretty fancy!

Thanks TPB, flash worked using that version and the slic table is now present.

You rock.

4. tochill

tochill MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2008
    Thanks, I appreciate it!

5. seyed08

seyed08 MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2008
    Good afternoon to everybody as I post my first post on this forum :)

I've got a IBM Thinkpad T60 2007-V7J(normal screen not widescreen)
    couple a weeks a ago I tried a online bios update and most of you guessed it all ready.... it went wrong....
    when starting it up the screen is black and only thing i see is the battery lights on....

after allot of reading around the net I've discoverd it might be that the bios chip is totally wrecked so best thing is to get a new chip that was already programmed.

Finding the chip was the easy part but now I'm struggling to get the SLIC ROM of my type of laptop. I've read in the earlier posts of this thread a link to download a T60 ROM, but my question is is that file suitable for the kind of job I want to do with it?

Because the company that programs these chips needs a file, but I don't know for sure whether it is the .ROM file that they need...and where to get that file...:confused::confused:

appreciate the help guys! :D

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #50 Yen, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. chaddawkins

chaddawkins MDL Senior Member

Sep 16, 2007
    YES, WEBSITE SAYS:
    The supported operating systems are as follows:
    - Microsoft Windows XP
    - Microsoft Windows 2000
    - Microsoft Windows 98 and 98 Second Edition
    - Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 6a or later

THUS, must be flashed running one of these systems

8. chaddawkins

chaddawkins MDL Senior Member

Sep 16, 2007
  9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It doesn't work. I'm curious about the Chinese people. How do they decompress it completely?:confused:

11. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thank you very very much!!:):)
    I've been searching for hours and didn't find that. I've even PM'ed Zhaoliang but he didn't reply so far!
    Now I'm trying to reproduce the steps (broken English...oh well I know this... hehe)

Could you please link to the original source just if I'll need further informations?

Thanks again, new stuff to learn:D

12. the-paperboy

Jun 1, 2007