MDL Win 7 Tool for SiMPLiX UpdatePack AiO ISO (with install.wim/esd) Creation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enthousiast, Apr 16, 2019.

1. CubanB

CubanB MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2020
    I'm not saying that he made the drivers all by himself. I tried many different methods and have many folders for each method. Everyone has their own variation of a driver pack. Like a mixed tape of music songs. It's hard to choose because there are so many possibilities with different ways to integrate or different combinations of drivers. I'm also trying to add compatibility for other systems that I don't currently use. A one size fits all USB stick for all kinds of hardware.

And I had problems along the way with certain drivers giving BSOD, or other strange problems. I even had a weird problem where with one integration, the keyboard would stop working but the mouse would still work. I would unplug the keyboard and it would work in another system. It would work in the BIOS on this system, but it wouldn't let me finish the install (type in username). I didn't even integrate any keyboard drivers! It's a cheap generic Microsoft keyboard.

Using Flashboot Pro to integrate (EUFI only with VGA driver).. I would get USB working, complete the install, but then if I went into Device Manager and upgrade to another USB controller driver.. I would lose all USB. Even if that same driver would work, when using SP1 + Simplix, or other methods.

When I tried an image that someone shared using your tool, I noticed how well it functioned and all the bugs went away. I didn't know where the drivers came from. (I already had most of them individually, but not properly combined into a pack of boot/recovery drivers and install.wim drivers.) After searching inside Driver Repository, I was able to realize that the bulk of the drivers he used came from Atak_Snajpera's Image Update tool.

So after installing his custom image, I saw the potential for how good this combination could be, so I immediately went to work trying to combine everything and spent the next few hours on it.. and came out with a perfect result. I was alwasys going to try this tool, but I was trying other methods first, in order to learn. I was shocked at how good it worked, and needed to try it immediately. I'm not sure what the main difference is, maybe it's the DISM of Windows 10.. I don't know. Even drivers seem to integrate faster compared to Flashboot or NTLite.

I'm sure other driver packs will work too. A lot of people share the same drivers and they float around on different sites. But it's hard to find one large pack that combines as many devices as possible, without causing potential BSOD or losing USB on certain Ryzen CPU or motherboards. I know that with universal drivers it's become easier lately, but I began researching and planning for this build over 12 months ago. I wasn't sure if it would work.

And in this case, it gave a perfect result (so far). A few drivers were missing (needed to be manually installed), but I reintegrated and added in some known ones that I had already tested into the pack. For example, when I use Intel's most recent WIFI driver.. it can take 30-60 seconds for WIFI to connect after waking from sleep. But when I use the one canonkong provides, it connects to WIFI within a few seconds after sleep. So I integrated this in. Atak_Snajpera's LAN driver for the LAN on this board (or it might be yours) is the only one that would install for me on first launch of Windows. Every other driver I tried, the driver wouldn't work. Even if I would manually install the SAME driver after install (it would work). But it wouldn't work when integrating. I can't explain why this is. So far this has been a perfect result beyond what I could have expected.

If I have any problems with other motherboards, I will report. But so far.. it feels like Microsoft made this USB stick with official support. This is an X370 board, maybe there will be more problems on B550 or X570. But even if there is, your script makes it so easy to try again, troubleshoot the driver that is the cause of the problem and within an hour or two have it working. And the ESD means that you can have a large file and it's compressed down to fit on a DVD. It's far beyond what I thought was possible 12 months ago. Thanks to everyone involved who can keep Windows 7 alive.

2. Mazufa

Mazufa MDL Junior Member

Dec 28, 2019
    What is the password for the compressed file?

3. first post of this thread

upload_2021-1-6_16-9-28.png

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Be sure to download the latest updatepack (20.12.10) and WA files and replace the existing files.

Next week i will update all tool downloads with the latest stuff:)

5. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    Enthousiast:
    I guess I had a "brain fart" during the past month.
    My apology for the repeat question.

6. nima1024

nima1024 MDL Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Hello dear Enthousiast,
    I remember that I read somewhere it's possible to directly drag ISO file on UpdatePack.exe file and in this case, boot.wim will also be updated.
    It is not mentioned or handled by your script.

Does it have any particular reason or simply not recommended?

Regards,

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    The boot.wim from my tool doesn't need to be updated by the pack, the boot.wim is windows 10.

8. mooms

mooms MDL Junior Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Hello, just a message to say thank you for this tool :)
    I used it on French Windows 7, it worked fine.
    I integrated some drivers, installers and tweaks, DotNet, DirectX and Runtimes addons, and of course the latest Simplix pack.

Do you know how remove the delete confirmation dialog from the recycle bin when you delete a file ? I was using Wintoolkit before, it have this tweak, but I did not succeed to find the registry key needed to replicate it.

9. hebba

hebba MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2020
    So i made an iso and i installed enterprise version but for some reason it installed home basic n. What did i do wrong? My source iso for win7 is
    Code:
    en_windows_7_ultimate_n_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677543
    and win10 is
    Code:
    en_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2019_x64_dvd_5795bb03

10. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Most likely something to do with indexes. Describe what you're doing step by step.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    For scripting such as SetupComplete.cmd etc:
    Code:

REM ConfirmDelete Value => 0 = No Confirmation Dialog / 1 = Show Confirmation Dialog.
    REG add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ConfirmFileDelete" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >NUL 2>&1
    REG add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "ConfirmFileDelete" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >NUL 2>&1

For use as a .reg file:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;  ConfirmDelete Value => 00000000 = No Confirmation Dialog / 00000001 = Show Confirmation Dialog.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "ConfirmFileDelete"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "ConfirmFileDelete"=dword:00000000

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. hebba

hebba MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2020
    Nvm I used a different iso and it works now!

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  14. jim_p

jim_p MDL Senior Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Only the vcredist and the dotnetfx files were updated from the .wa ones, right? The directx ones remained the same.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    There never will be a newer directx9 released, dx9c is the latest and last.

16. jim_p

jim_p MDL Senior Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Ok :)
    I am putting the links abbodi mentioned on my rss feeds list so as to keep an eye on the other 2.

17. richter_belmont

richter_belmont MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2013
    UpdatePack7R2 21.1.15

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    working on it:)

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009