MDL Win 7 Tool for SiMPLiX UpdatePack AiO ISO (with install.wim/esd) Creation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enthousiast, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...-install-wim-esd-creation.79421/#post-1516361
    It's putting ISO in Legacy ISO sources folder, WAs in WA folder, EXE in exe folder, etcetc... and run the legacy cmd (recommended).

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What are you going to tell him that can't be published in public? You are not asked for anything in here.

3. I am just suggesting him the steps to use your tool so that it will result in a simplixed updated iso for him as you were busy holding another threads on MDL.
    plus i know if i will be suggesting him here on your thread you will again say something else for me which i dont want to get repeated again.
    thats all.

4. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Excuse me, I ask you to read my comments again, I've got enough short hints. If you have enough time to learn me, I'll be your sincere apprentice. And If you don't have time, please don't make my life harder than it is.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    How can it be that someone who can't code (ME) can come up with this tool but you can't figure out what to place where and what to run, based on the provided info?

6. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
  7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What's there to judge, you reposted my cmd's and a txt file containing errors which are most likely caused by improper usage.

Isn't:
    Code:
    7601.24214.180801-1700.win7sp1_ldr_escrow_CLIENT_ULTIMATE_x64FRE_en-us.iso
    that badly created ISO from a few years ago? Not usable for source ISO.

8. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    It is indeed that bad iso from a few years ago ;)

9. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    The requirements are very clear, msdn retail iso required. And this is legitimate from msdn, didn't realize that it'll be the main cause behind all this mess.

10. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    #1552 casio4ever, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    Or may be the project can't handle install.wim files larger than 4gb. Anyway, this one worked for me like a charm.

Win7_Ult_SP1_English_COEM_x64.iso.

Kinda weird that simplix project handles OEM & RTM medias as long as its install.wim won't exceed file size of 4gb, which on another hand, fails terribly to handle August 2018 Media refresh of Windows 7 retail version. I thought that because, Windows 7 image updater had that problem too.

I've also noticed that despite the lack of graphical user interface, the project took a small amount of time and required image will be ready in a few minutes, if compared with Windows 7 image updater project.

I wish if that project supports splitting of install.wim files because some systems doesn't support UEFI Ntfs scheme of bootable USB disk. This project also have a lot of options, it would be nice if the dev behind that project, had some time to craft a nice GUI, because it really worth it.

Thank you guys for helping me defining where my problem is. Good night.

11. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    You were already told why. Again, and this has been repeated countless times, those garbage images from August 2018 SHOULD NOT be used FOR ANYTHING!
    - updatepack7r2 doesn't have an issue with your install.wim being larger than 4GB. A clean, unmodified windows 7 retail image, which contains mostly all editions locked by ei.cfg, just happens to be under 4GB in size. It's not a condition that has to be met, it's just what it is.
    - updatepack7r2 was made to service CLEAN windows 7/server 2008 R2 images. The "official" homebrew mentioned above IS NOT CLEAN! It already has 2 cumulative updates inside it, it has already been serviced before, probably on at different occasions. That's the problem. Just because simplix decided to avoid problems and forced people to use clean images(a.k.a 2011 media refresh), doesn't mean the updatepack itself has a problem.
    Just because it "came from microsoft", doesn't mean it fits the term "clean".

There's enough clear instructions on what to do. All that's required from the user is to read and reproduce. Overthinking simple instructions is completely unnecessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    #1554 casio4ever, Nov 18, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    You are free to disagree with me, but ignoring that August 2018 media refresh iso images are working perfectly with Microsoft OEM Pre-installation Kit, Microsoft ADK, Microsoft Desktop Optimization Kit or even system center suite won't prove that you or simplix were right.

You think that modifying retail image by manipulating its boot loader to help users for installing updated copy of windows 7 but without any support for uefi class 3 systems (no csm support or legacy mode) or for systems that don't accept Ntfs-GPT Boot scheme (because of the huge install.wim for only single index), you called that problematic task " Servicing clean Images ", really ?

If someone wants to play with the code, he must complies to the rules made by the code creator, not messing with its ability to upgrade or injecting modded drivers without telling users about the consequences of such actions !.

I have opk and I can deploy drivers and updates made by Microsoft, but using such tools requires a lot of time and of course the final image will be bugged with telemetry checks, which got removed by simplix.

I really like simplix iso tools but also I won't ignore its drawbacks to kiss author's a** like many members here on the forum.

The miss-compatibilty of August 2018 releases with Simplix Project won't prove that Simplix was right or Microsoft was wrong. But each one is happy on his own terms with his own tools. That's it.

13. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Really? "Many members here" kissing someone's a**? Aren't you doing the same by going on and on about those proven-to-be-bad images with 2 rollups and all the telemetry stuffed inside them? I'm not even gonna bother with the rest of your nonsense. Small hint: your question in the other thread about firing windows 7 up on pure UEFI - there's cOnSeQuEnCeS in that as well :) you lose safe mode, which for troubleshooting is a big no-no. Have fun with that and welcome to the ignore list.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    @casio4ever in addition to @shhnedo , why don't you go whine at @simplix and stop cluttering this thread, we are not in control of the updatepacks we just provide proper and helpful info and a tool that utilizes the packs for easy uptodate ISO creation.

15. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Read my comment again to see my complaints about using Microsoft softwares to update its images with long list of updates, taking hours of my time plus bugging final image with telemetry checks.

16. casio4ever

casio4ever MDL Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Proper ? Helpful may be, but proper, I'm sure it's not.

The final image can't be used for upgrade, and, isn't compatible for many systems that don't accept Uefi-Gpt boot scheme for USB disk with install.wim bigger than 4gb. It also can't be used to install windows 7 on uefi class 3 systems.

So the final image of simplixed Windows 7 iso has its drawbacks, exactly like Microsoft August 2018 releases.

Admit it guys, nobody will punish you for telling the ugly truth.

17. aquarius84

aquarius84 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2012
    If you just follow what Microsoft want, you just have the Windows 7 SP1 iso and then you have to install with your hands all the post updates

Here people are offering many great tools to do many things without the need to be a programmer or a technician
    And they make all this great tool just for fun and for passion, and all of this is FREE for all of us
    That is the only TRUTH

18. aquarius84

aquarius84 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Hi, I did remake the iso with the latest UpdatePack using Windows 10 LTSC 2021 as a host, and all was ok
    So it was a Windows 11 fault the last integration i made

Thanks again!!!