Medical Marijuana - Compassion, Decriminalization, Human rights...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by timesurfer, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Though, I'm very late to this discussion, yet I'd like to post my 2cents ....:D I know there is a lot of research that has been done in regards to the success of using medicinal marijuana in people with Glaucoma, Aids, Cancer, Parkinsons disease, Fibromylasia as well as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. However I don't know of any science behind those applications of Marijuana against tobacco's effects. Or maybe I did not understand your main question as the link to the video doesn't let me watch it or because I obviously found more than one to answer.:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    How do you know? Surely there is no comparison to be made to what you/Yannick Noah would have been if you/Yannick Noah had not taken this course of action.:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm a non smoker and never touched any drug but heard stories from addicted friends, when its just a little bit high, it feels like your normal, branching but largely linear train of thought, suddenly starts branching wider and more intricately. You lose track of the simplest things, because your thoughts wander anywhere and everywhere.

This makes for incredible conversations, but at the same time, because your mind is so scattered, short term memory goes out of the window, so if you lose your flow for an instant, the moment is lost. A lot of people find this confronting at first, and feel stupid, but in the right circle it simply leads to laughter, and the next attempt on the summit immediately begins smiling face....

If your train of thought was a river with tributaries, weed increases the number of tributaries, but at the expense of depth. You easily lose strands and continuity, but if you stop obsessively overvaluing your own thoughts, it lets you go on quite the merry journey....

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Timesurfer - you understand NOTHING!!!

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    look, folks, all this is getting undignified..

as i see it, timesurfer started this thread, with a
    very simple point to make..

people reacted by giving their own opinion, which at
    times was conflicting with what timesurfer said.

failing to realize that if people feel the stuff is
    doing them any good, right or wrong, they should
    have the right to use it.

we could at least respect that people feel a
    need to use it, and let them, and we might as
    well listen to their opinion, while we`re at it,
    even if we do not personally agree..

just my two centavos, the key word here is

respect.

and we`re not going to achieve that in a
    serious discuscussion if we do not at least
    listen what the other person has to say...

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #206 gorski, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Some of us respect and recognise medical reasons, compassion and those Human Rights but for some it's just not good enough...

It's either their way 10000000000% or one is "uninformed", "not using" and a "bad person", since he dares disagree...

Stereotypical old women "reason" like that... "How dare you question me and my wants...?!?"

That's not what I am questioning. I am questioning the very root of such "needs"!

I am asking "awkward" questions, interested, as always, in their very root.

For me, it's all the way to the bottom of a phenomenon!

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    let me remind you, my dear philosopher,
    that protagoras has said

"man is the measure of all things".

if you think that over, you will find
    more tolerance in your heart for people
    who think they are right, i think..

the bottom of a phenomenon is not always
    dignified..

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm sorry, when you're at the receiving end of "you know nothing because you are not like me, using and experiencing first hand" - I get a little nervous, so I tend to - not being a Christian - fight back...

9. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Sid 16 must have skipped over the before and after performance comparison from Car And Driver magazine that found no significant performance effect of marijuana consumption on driving performance. You shouldn't say there is no comparison when you quote one--it makes you look a bit dumb.

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #210 gorski, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    What are we doing here - what kind of "debate" is it when there is no conversation whatsoever, when one's ears are full of wax, when everything that is 'inconvenient' from "the other side" is simply ignored and one 'carries on regardless'?!? This is sheer garbage attitude!!!

A few things worth mentioning:

1) I have seen way too many cannabis users, lived with some and so on, so I do not need "ample scientific evidence" to conclude that Mara messes with that which is the most important thing to me and alters your capabilities in not so good a manner, thank you very much!

2) When cannabis is no longer enough, many users, especially the younger, easily impressed and clueless ones, would go on and start using something "much better, maaaaannn"...

3) I am all pro cannabis usage for medical purposes (and not just cannabis!) but under proper scrutiny. So, proper research ought to be funded by the state, so it is fully independent and free of any commercial influences! Then, we should act accordingly. No ifs and buts. No ideological bulls**t! Only the truth, wherever it may lead us! If the best info/knowledge on the subject is that it is beneficial in some conditions/illnesses - it's approved and full stop! Damn the conservatives, church and other petty ideologues and their prejudices!

4) Equally, if there is evidence to show that young developing brains need different kind of "stimulation" to develop and NOT to regress into stupor - we draw the necessary conclusions for action that would prevent that, starting from serious education on the subject!

5) My main point is this: let's presume that it has no bad health effects on us (the prolonged, heavy usage of Mara) - why would I need Mara (or opiates of any description)?!? Other than, "coca leaves are traditionally used due to harsh lives in the Andes that are to be made a little easier" kind of argument, since we are talking mostly about consumerism of city dwellers, hell bent on escapism, for crying out loud... :rolleyes: I do not want to leave this world as it is and just help myself forget for a moment or three... and then again and again and.... Quite the opposite! To me that kind of escapist garbage is seriously demented!!! The very need for it is f***ed up!!! Where does it come from?

This utter distortion of what Humans are (potentially) all about - this is what is at issue here! It's about Philosophy, Knowledge, Ethics etc. Because it (any kind of "stimulans" of this sort) helps leave the world as f**ed up as it is. And that, to me, is simply wrong, as it is an easy way out and it does nothing either for our own sense of self-worth/self-esteem or for those we leave behind.

I don't know about you but I would not want to leave serious debts to my offspring. Quite the opposite!

11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Healthy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drugsandsize.jpg

13. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :D a very sobering thought to end the year with, gorski..
    just look over your shoulder in 2013, and a happy new year..:biggrin:

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Likewise, m8!!! ;)

All the very best to you and yours!!! :)

15. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    :shisha:...lol

16. theclan

theclan MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2010
    netherlands

you can buy :shisha: on every corner in the netherlands. And you get 5 grams of marihuana for free with it!

I live in the netherlands where pot/marihuana(wiet) is widely available. I don't see any reason to ban it here or any where else. There are shops everywhere and i never hear about any disturbance. Things like alcohol are way more anoying.

They make a big deal about marihuana everywhere but i think they should look at alcohol first before they can start judging anything else.

17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, most of you Maristas are calm, cool and collected and as such "widely acceptable"...:rolleyes:

Where as "In vino veritas"... And the truth is always disturbing... :D

18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah it is just you who is uncool, lol. :hug2:
    Another one besides Tacitus and the Germani who thinks that someone who is drunk cannot lie. :D

....the truths of drunken men......hhhiggghhhs.. :aglerks:

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    :fear2: Errrmmmm, nononononoooooo, ooohhh nooooo, Sir!!!! :nono2: No, you're not gonna... :whistling:

Everyone knows that "uncoolness" goes with Germandom, you see... :mauridia: :)tooth::innocent:)

:rule: I win! :yeahyeah:

20. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #220 timesurfer, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    (OP)
    gorski <--- Probably the most dangerous man in history cause he posts from his ego's perspective not actually reality of cannabis use for theraputic means or recreational (doctor) recommended means.

gorski is not a doctor although he plays one on MDL

Men with no information governing men with actual knowledge and experience create history and men who cannot heal with earth trying to guide and control men who can, create hell on earth.

Step aside gorski, you have no healing for mankind whatsoever :yeah:...lol