Medical Marijuana - Compassion, Decriminalization, Human rights...

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by timesurfer, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    These are the rules we agreed to play by here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/18562-Forum-Rules

If you R29k or Ray can't seem to abide by these rules I am sure it can be arranged for your Ban..

For me you have already attacked my character , my way of life, and my people and don't even have the awareness to know how. You hide behind some computer screen ripping off these huge generalizations on many topics with no accountability or knowledge about what you attack and expect there are no consequences for it. The part that is most troubling about it to me is there are many here that would like to seriously discuss this issue as well as others and you both seem not even to have the basic social skills to even respect someone's point of view if it differs from your own .. I say enough .. Let me see your next words are going to be either" I didn't mean it that way" or this one is priceless " And Redroad this is not an attack on your belief system" followed by "what you said is blatant B.S" There is no way in hell you would ever get away with saying that to someones face .. Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    This piece was hilarious the way you join it up to make it look bad, you should be working for Fox news :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #103 redroad, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    I never claimed to be the foremost on anything , my only statement was "Anything that I have added to this thread is based on what I have lived personally and has been passed down to me by my elders and I was given permission to speak about." is that so hard for you to understand

A little time in the sweat lodge would do you good :biggrin: and it is your words I give no credence to not others lets be clear on that point

Why would I provide you anything? Proper info .. :laie: You still haven't given me the standards on proper info, Proper evidence and
    Proper source

4. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #104 redroad, Dec 8, 2012
    There was no joining necessary these are your words verbatim "I'm still waiting for Redroad to tell me who was living to 150 years old in the past. And Redroad this is not an attack on your belief system, I just have a big issue when people state blatant bs and expect
    everyone else to take it as fact! "
    Nice try :rolleyes:

The sad part about it is you don't even see that it looks bad and why :empathy3:

5. RaymondTH

RaymondTH MDL Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Because the burden of proof is on the person making the positive claim

6. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    If that is true you have a lot of burden on you :laie:

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I have no interest in discussing anything else with you, to be brutally honest you don't come across to me as a sane person.
    If I have an issue with Oral Traditions and I state that and you take it as an attack on you and your culture ? Apparently the whole world
    revolves around you. I have no idea how a discussion about weed degenerated to this but at least I can see the person you really are, good day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #108 redroad, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Now you want to take your toys and go home .. The issue evolved the way it did because you can't just accept someones sacred point of view as being theirs and theirs alone without insisting it be flawed in some way if it doesn't fit your understanding of things ..

This is how the world looks to me and my NDN ways

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #109 Michaela Joy, Dec 8, 2012
    @redroad: It's amazing how so much feeling can be conveyed without uttering a single word. :)

R.I.P. Carl Sagan.:worthy::rasta:

(An avid pot smoker, btw)

With regard to some of the comments that have been made here, this is why Jesus Christ said "Cast not thy pearls before swine...Nor lie down with dogs, lest ye get up with fleas"

:Miki.

10. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  11. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    "When it's raining the pebbles have the same shape."

"The masters write the history not the slaves."

"One man's garbage is another man's treasure."

"To be is the essence, to have is the illusion."

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #112 Yen, Dec 8, 2012
    Let me firstly say generally that I am a bit surprised after I've read what was written, especially by you and R29k as well.
    At least I had expected to let the things be as they are to remain a little respect.
    You both know that here are members who really appreciate what others have to say, especially people who have to offer traditions and own life experiences and collected wisdom from their ancestors.
    I am grateful for redroad's posts of his culture and tradition.
    I travel frequently and I experience the more I know about culture and traditions, the more I know of my Self.
    And that is the point which is also a point of the topic itself. Cannabis originally was used as traditional medicine and has a place in history. So the proponents of legalization are often referring to its traditional use in history.

RaymondTH, without to be offending, an idiot in my book, correct me if I am wrong, is a person who denies matters the one does not understand. At least I was told so.
    Or do you want me to understand that those 200 millions Chinese people who are practicing qi gong are idiots and you are no one?

To take you serious and as a argument against Michaela Joy's example where it has worked #90, I would have expected an example from you where it hasn't.
    I assume you also do not know what homeopathy really is.
    And if you should now come with an argument that is the placebo effect that works, then I suggest to you to have a look on studies in veterinary medicine. How can animals know to have swallowed placebo?
    I know that it works where it can work. To be called an idiot for wouldn't be a problem to me.

I am grateful for the posts here even for yours.
    Cultures which have respected elderly as a source of wisdom have survived as long as they did that. The doom of their culture started when they started to forget / disrespect them...

13. RaymondTH

RaymondTH MDL Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #113 RaymondTH, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    That's the appeal to popularity logical fallacy

14. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #114 redroad, Dec 8, 2012
    @Ray
    You may or may not see this as possible but when even a placebo is administered the purity of intention of the practitioner can influence the final result.

Yen said "Cultures which have respected elderly as a source of wisdom have survived as long as they did that."

you said "Survived yes but with terrible infant and adult mortality rates "

I bring this up only to be helpful .. if you were to say Survived yes but with terrible infant and adult mortality rates generally speaking. I could agree, in part, that is a truthful statement .. but when you say "Survived yes but with terrible infant and adult mortality rates " it is not entirely truthful given there are instances where there were not terrible infant and adult mortality rates, that is what I mean by generalizations ..
    Also infant and adult mortality rates for many of my people during 16 and 17 hundreds was brought about by

"Could it not be contrived to send the Small Pox among those disaffected tribes of Indians? We must on this occasion use every stratagem in our power to reduce them. [Vol. II, p. 39 (6th edition)]
    "

See here http://academic.udayton.edu/health/syllabi/bioterrorism/00intro02.htm Early bio terrorism

So it was not the failure of the elders and their teachings, which you seem to imply by your generalization, but rather the profane acts of other peoples that was responsible in part for higher infant and adult mortality rates. So one could conclude that the word higher may not even be relevant if we were to take away those resultant deaths when speaking about mortality rates.

15. RaymondTH

RaymondTH MDL Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #115 RaymondTH, Dec 8, 2012
    I see even less reason to trust your oral tradition than that of the old testament and noah's people living to be 800.
    Test it, Document it, Then ill believe it.

And none of this is in conflict with my claim, Its a no duh statement. Its like saying that mortality rates in rome were the same as they are are to day ... Just the whole war and conquest brought them down a bit.
    Well obviously war will do that but that still leaves the deaths from what are now preventable illness's

16. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #116 redroad, Dec 8, 2012
    Ray .. It is clear that I will never be able to satisfy the terms of your burden of proof regarding some of my people living to be 150 years bacause you or R29k are not open to the idea that the passing of facts and traditions from one generation to next could or would end in a current body of truth.. You only have my assurances that it is so. That being said without an in depth explanation of why I have no reservation or doubts what was told to me is entirely true we are at an impasse .. The way I see it there are 2 things that could happen here one I could could go into with great detail about the inner workings of oral tradition and its integrity but frankly speaking it's clear that you 2 have no interest in learning about that. So that leaves a second option, is it plausible someone could live that long ? and that involves you doing the heavy lifting and not me .. I vote for that given our history so far ..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_people

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...one-alive-today-will-live-to-be-150-years-old

http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze7a.html

There are many more instances of this just do some research if your interested..

17. RaymondTH

RaymondTH MDL Member

Apr 23, 2012
    Yep either that or we just accept all oral traditions to be true.
    Which isn't evidence its an opinion.
    Again your opinion on the trustworthiness of the people stating this is not evidence.
    Dosnt back up your claim
    Appeal to authority, Its not important what someone believes its what they can prove that's important
    http://www.creationscience.com There are many more instances of this just do some research if your interested..

18. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I am not clear how Dr. Brown's book addresses the plausibility of someone living to be 150 years or more ??

Like i said .. "The way I see it there are 2 things that could happen here one I could could go into with great detail about the inner workings of oral tradition and its integrity but frankly speaking it's clear that you 2 have no interest in learning about that. So that leaves a second option, is it plausible someone could live that long ? and that involves you doing the heavy lifting and not me .. I vote for that given our history so far" ..

I vote that we move on here Ray so we can get back to talking about the original posting .. .. What say you Ray? .. I would be open to discussing this further so start another thread :biggrin:

19. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @redroad: I second -THAT- motion (SHEESH!)

Okay. So the problem that exists here (meaning the issue, not the arguments about belief systems and homeopathy) Is as follows:

1 ) There are those who wish to smoke pot to ease pain / suffering, and perhaps even bolster appetite.

2 ) Then, there are those who wish to use pot for recreational purposes.

3 ) Then, there are those who either can't smoke pot or won't, and want to prevent those who want to smoke pot from doing exactly that.

My question is this: What gives the members of Group 3 the right to do this?

20. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    @MJ there certainly is no violation of any natural laws as a medicine and as far as the Hippocratic Oath ("Do no harm") precedent has already been established in medical use states. It would seem at least here in the U.S. the federal government has themselves boxed in as far as whether it is considered a medicine by legal definition .. So with Washington state and Colorado pushing the status of whether it is a legally a medicine will be a battle that is bound to be fought in the near future .. It will be interesting to see the developments .. Short answer they have no right IMHO :D