Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer To Resign From Microsoft

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by EFA11, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Very true.. they should have not given the metro interface for the desktop users in the 1st place..
    Secondly, those hot corners are indeed annoying.. dunno what MS guys were smoking while developing windows 8 for desktop users.. :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    and all the Colombian cartels are thankful for this act of altruism. He can now do smack 24/7 :biggrin:

3. mustdie

mustdie MDL Novice

Jun 2, 2010
  4. NABAKUMAR

NABAKUMAR MDL Member

Sep 10, 2012
    I feel bad after reading the news. I mean he tried to create something different and i thing the outcome is not that bad. I love using Windows 8 and Office 2013 but that doesn't mean i hate using Windows 7. I understand the fact that there are many flaws in Windows 8 which need to be sorted out. But then there were flaws in Windows Vista also. Vista's successor, Windows 7 is a big improvement which made it one of the stable and loved OS ever.

I now use Windows 8.1 Pro Preview and i liked the improvements they carried out in a short span of time and i hope Windows 8.1 RTM will be more polished and stable.

I feel bad that after going through all the pages of this thread, i some experts here at MDL also liked the news. Although its their personal decision or choice!! You know people are always criticized when they try for something new and good which many people fails to understand. I personally is very much impressed by Steve Ballmer's performance in various speeches and conferences. He is very energetic and always supports the developers.

So sorry but i think there's nothing to be cheered about of this news!!!

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Main problem is that many User's lacking of objectivity! And than there also those members, who claiming even don't to use an MS OS or one of the later Windows Versions anymore, who than criticizing on all fronts and everything and claiming also they knows best! Many times that's just those users who only using something which they get free, legal and in many occasions illegal, are those who bushing down everything in any way possible what they are using free!

I wrote several times in the past in this forum, that there's nothing against fundamental critics and that we're human who are different from each others. Objectivity is something which some, many in reality, even don't know what that is!

Look at this Windows 8 forum! On beginning as the first pre's of Windows 8 was showing up, everybody was, except some few other thinking members, was talking about the missing Start Button and want that back. After MS was giving back that Start Button in Windows 8.1 Pre's, all were starting to complain that they didn't want that Start Button instead the Start Menu! That's just one of many possible examples.

I know that many of the reader will not like the later and may start to post con's! Just do your self a favour and start reading the old post from beginning and compare and if you're objective you'll wonder!

Have a nice Sunday!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    The captain abandoning the ship prematurely.

7. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    objectivity my ass!
    they cried crap
    and crap is what we got

8. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    My oppinion:

THANKS for Windows7, the best OS so far that has been done by Microsoft.
    A small thanks for Windows8, it's not as black as it's been painted but a Tablet-Interface on a Desktop is rather useless.

So, in total I say thanks a lot to Mr. Ballmer.

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #29 Yen, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Not many, all.
    As soon as one posts an opinion it becomes subjective. Since all are affected it is pointless as an argument.
    What you mean is that there are inconsistencies in arguing at some users posts during time. They are never objective, though.

Nobody is right or wrong. It is just an opinion.

I myself say Steve Ballmer is purely incompetent.
    His entire history of M$ is a bunch of mistakes of situations. Their capital and monopoly situation and their will to break national laws protected them more than one time from to lose massively market shares.

It's about force, not technical brilliance. It's about monopoly situation, not real quality of products. It's about money, not real needs of the end users.

If M$ would have real competition (and one can already notice about what is happening when competitors are coming)...then we would have their real value represented at the sales...they are reaching their real value..going down...It is easy to appear to be 'great' concerning corporate OS / desktop OS when being a monopolist, actually no competence is needed.