Microsoft is listening: The Start Menu will be back indefinitely

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by pisthai, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I believe that is sarcasm in a in the form of light humor. Sarcasm is harder to understand between languages than typos. I learned that in my travels since I am very sarcastic and some will take offense when none was intended. Even my Japanese ole lady hates my sarcasm and calls it mean and rotten haha :D

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    [SARCASM][/SARCASM] would be a solution :cool2:. Unfortunately pisthai mostly takes things a bit too serious ... :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #43 hbhb, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    :sporty75:Good observation German Doggie, I concur pisthai is cool but needs to lighten up :rasta:
    u know hit a blunt or whatever lol, my recommendation will be running or swimming , whatever :sporty75:

4. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Must commit, this definitely helps alot here :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Well, I guess things are taken too much seriously here. A joke about a typo...and my personal opinion about moderator's post.
    Anyway it should be allowed to post them at the public.
    I myself have found it right to comment moderator's post, I have already made clear why. Whilst doing that I have not violated any MDL rule, I just defend my point arguing with facts.
    I do not accept to be called a dictator, without having valid examples, but assumptions, like to say people would not dare to 'thank / like' for a opinion against me, because they would be bad in my book or even become banned.

Also to try to judge about my personal contribution to MDL by counting apps in whose development I am not involved are purely made to cause trouble, but not to argue reasonable, it just makes clear that he is lacking of knowledge of the MDL history.
    It should be allowed to say that the start menu IS M$'es trademark and to remove it was the worst thing M$ could do.
    It will come back when the paying OEMs / large customers will gain enough pressure onto M$, else not. HP has gone back to w7 preinstalled, such actions will have effect if at all.
    Moderator you yourself know if you are a pirate or not, you have admitted to apply the tools, that wasn't me.
    There are people, many people who want back the start menu, because they feel uncomfortable without, that is a fact.

Your idea what people they are is far-fetched, without any valid argument, hypocritical. In fact you detest them by wanting them get sued, even though you belong to those by your own definition. To diminish people only because they want something back they like to use, yes even to call THEM 'cribber' ...were things I was asking myself what is the point.

You can have your opinion about w8 you can like it. Many people like it. You should be able to stand a 'hot' debate without becoming nonobjective arguing off the facts.
    w8 sales are low
    complaints against w8 (which reach M$es ears at all) come from those who have interest to adopt w8 (to pay).
    people do want a change otherwise they wouldn't care.

6. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    8.1desktop.jpg

I'm old. I have zero use for the start screen or any "apps". I've never missed the start menu thanks to Classic Shell.

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #47 hbhb, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    nothing wrong with being old man plus wise

@moderator Let it go man, whatever you are here for is your biz, all good educational biz man

8. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    You're confusing active and passive here. The soft might be used for 'pirating' purposes (a big Arrrrrrh to that), but it's genuinely invented and still improved here.

9. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    On the bright side - when you consider we are a group of people from all over the world, all different backgrounds, all different native languages, all different ages, all different views on just about everything, it is amazing there aren't any gunfights...:D

@EFA11 - please don't change your avatar, that's the closest thing I've had to a sex life in 13 years, give or take a few...

10. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Thanks buddy ... that definitely made my day :worthy:.

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    ... if I were a mod or even site admin ...

:eek:
    unbelievable

12. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    he is thinking 86

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    moderator in the right color would fit perfectly to MDL :D

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    MDL is as it is. Nobody from the staff hits the apply button, that is the end user. MDL is surely visited by M$ employees as well. Make your own opinion what MDL is in your book.
    We do not provide pirated software here. When the doorbell rings you have to justify your actions, as we have to do here.
    If you think MDL has to provide valuable info, you are invited to stay, if you cannot comply with its contents..feel free to take your consequences.
    I am not here to argue about it. The tools here seem to be tolerated.
    Also MDL offers a lot of help for those who have computer related problems. MDL has a strong community with a lot of unselfish and helpful people.

15. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    At any moment I expect Nurse Ratched to arrive here.

16. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Sorry to jump in here ... but actually the answer is YES.

17. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    between a rock & a hard place

why are you so paranoid about the doorbell ringing ?

so you supply the dope but do not smoke it.

i have great regards for cody, daz & mdl. you have stated that usage of the tools makes me a pirate.

quit beating around the bush & accept it, you goofed up yen.

18. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I think using the tools might break the terms of the EULA or something, but I'm not sure it in itself violates any laws.
    Unless you also did not pay for said product's use.
    I'll admit I'm not much of an armchair lawyer, but it seems like the paying for it part is the part that matters.

I, for instance, have paid for my own personal license, but many of the people who download my personal torrents, have not.
    If you were hosting instructions on how to build a wire-tapping device, would that be illegal?
    or would it be the dude using the instructions doing the illegal actions?

I would tend to think it's like a grey area for the tools. Obviously MS would prefer if certain things were not here, but...
    I don't think it qualifies as piracy.

That's quite strange though. If you look up piracy in the dictionary it mentions taking something by force.
    It never mentions sharing copies or using activation bypasses.

19. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    :sharepopcorn: ...........