Microsoft Phone Activation Tool - Possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by MSDNAA, Oct 12, 2013.

1. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Dear MDL Developers/Experts,

Since i don't have access to create a thread in MDL Projects section I am opening this thread here as my suggestion is relevant to what I am going to request here.

I know the developers here have created tools like MTK/Loader/UPID. Similarly is it possible to create a automatic phone activation tool? Meaning one shouldn't have to call Microsoft Skype Phone Support to activate his PC, instead the tool will do the rest. Since MS Phone activation support is a pre-recorded voice so i thought it could be done by using some kind of program / tool. I don't know whether it is possible or not but just asking. Hope the developers can think about this. Because till now nobody completely understands the process of Microsoft Skype Phone Activation (PS: The phone activation is not working on the other hand) only Skype.

Expecting some answer from the developers and experts :)

Cheers :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dwDigitalLife

dwDigitalLife MDL Junior Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Ya it is Possible if That Application Using a very Good Speech Recognition System. :D

4. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    It is widely available

download.jpg

5. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
  6. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Well i didn't create this thread for fun. If you don't have anything useful to say please don't comment at all. Thanks

7. eydee

eydee Guest

I don't think that would be necessary. The activation system uses a limited (and low) number of words, which are prerecorded and sound the same all the time. Anything it says can be recognized after comparing waveforms. The program would only need an update if the phone activation voice changes. Something I don't think is a frequent occasion.

8. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Take it easy man

9. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Dude is kind of on edge like the rest of the world.

+1 for chill pill

10. rjc862003

rjc862003 MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #11 rjc862003, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    yes you can there are a few working keys you can use to activate by phone I used KMSpico and then did the phone activation my self you don't need to call the UK number they are all the same and no you don't need todo activation every 180days its permanent for 8.1

11. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    you need new glasses: Read the question :p

12. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    What bob kind of says to me: If we could pass custom pkey files or better: hash it on our own - we would be able to create a full customized windows SKU independent version. Also full offline activation should be possible. Even only with modified pkey-file we could (ex)change key-licenses. Core Key could relate to Pro Licence and so on (retail to oem, slp or whatever (custom?).
    Has someone tried CryptXML SDK little more? some dive in?

13. NiFu

NiFu MDL Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Whilst phone activation you have to do these steps:
    1. Get installation ID
    2. Send installation ID
    3. Receive confirmation ID
    4. Enter confirmation ID
    Step 1 and 4 can be done with "slmgr":
    • slmgr -dti Display Installation ID for offline activation
    • slmgr -atp <Confirmation_ID> Activate Windows with Confirmation ID
    Step 2 can be done with Skype script language. There exist some sample scripts; e.g. to send SMS via Skype script language.

Problem is the speech recognition of step 3.

14. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    A Phone activation tool is really possible and not hard to make. A few hooks to the skype application can do all that things. The speech recognition is not a problem if you do methods to know about the lang of the call.

The problem is do it without any phone call to activate offline. We need to generate a valid confirmation ID for the offline activation, that is the point.

15. Please-8

Please-8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Suppose the following is fact:
    • Installation ID includes key
    • Confirmation ID is based on key
    Assumption: Only keys that Microsoft sold are stored on the Microsoft activation server.

Then you only can activate
    • with a confirmation ID which includes a key
    • which is sold by Microsoft
    • which is stored on the Microsoft activation server.
    That is different from the Windows 7 SLIC Bios method where all PCs of one OEM use the same generic OEM key for all their PCs - even when the hardware hash is different.

16. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Yes it would have to be a leaked confirmation algorithm, which is highly unlikely.
    I guess someone could make some sort of skype loader to automate the calls, but I don't think that's what the OP had in mind with this thread.
    We cannot simply fool the computer to have the same installation ID as other systems because all of the win8 systems report their activation info daily and have WAT built in.

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #18 Yen, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    A valid key would be enough. It would activate anyway if w8 accepts the key, the algorithm for the conversion IID-->CID would be enough, phone activation is 'offline'. W8 to be activated itself doesn't care if the key has been sold yet. It would get problems at validation against a server, though.

Of course the activation server could have an additional query implemented: Has this key been sold yet?...but that is 'outside' of the conversion algorithm.

The algorithm doesn't need to be 'leaked' it needs to be reversed, it is locally present already. W8 itself activates offline if CID and IID matches. Server: Creates valid CID from IID. Local 'client': Checks if CID matches IID offline and activates if yes.
    The valid key range can be updated on the 'client' side through WU and on the server side anytime, though.