Microsoft Watching us ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by endbase, Sep 3, 2013.

1. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    #1 endbase, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    I was just wondering isn't microsoft closely watching the MDL forums to see wat's happening with their RTM 8.1 version. Is their any nowledge of that they are doing so ? If this is to much offtopic remove ore move pls thx in advanced Greetz Endbase o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NoRecoil

NoRecoil MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2013
    yes.. of course Microsoft is watching the forum

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    And I'm sure that some of the Members are MS Employee's!;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. orca99

orca99 MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Who cares if MS is watching this forum.... I surely don't care.

5. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    They could be watching, but I'd be willing to bet most of them downloaded the leaks along with us :p

6. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    We do care because we want Microsoft to see what we like about 8.1, what we don't like, what's working OK, and what's not working well. And then we want Microsoft to send this info to their developers so they can improve the product.

7. applegate

applegate MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    MDL = Knowledge for Microsoft
    Knowledge for Microsoft = Money
    Money / MDL Members = we members should all be rich now: :worthy:

8. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    Of course they are, we are free beta testing and they learn from us

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    We would not get DMCA takedown requests if they don't read here. Hence we have made our rules. Goal is to receive as less as possible.
    What is M$? It is a huge company with a lot of employees sitting all over the world.

Also there are M$ certified persons.
    M$ responsible persons.

But finally all are humans.

I am sure they evaluate closely if MDL can be harm or benefit to them. And they take what can be useful from here. :D

The far more important question is: Is M$ windows trustable after the NSA scandal and are your personal data safe when using windows(8)?
    In other words: M$ watching YOU @home?

10. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    I don't know if MS has people reading MDL or other sites, but according to my friend DMCA are either issued by their robots, or if they receive a outside complaint(or tip-off), otherwise, nobody gives a sh*t. :D

11. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Thats deep man.. To deep i have brown marks in my pants.. What if they were watching out webcams! They might even know about that odd fetish. lol

What if Microsoft owns this forum and runs it and all the staff are Bill Gates kids?

I hear Microsoft have the largest collection of cat pictures known to man, they are leeching from from all of us!

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Shouldn't be paranoia underestimated these days. Of course M$ and "others" including your government are watching us, every single day that goes by everybody is losing their privacy and basic rights. Are you naive or what? This world is for the RICH and POWERFUL people, otherwise you're a simple mortal.

13. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    No im not naive just curious :p

14. srisan

srisan MDL Member

Sep 5, 2012
    ms should fix picture password bug first ;D

any 1 can help when i am logging in while i clicking the pic password that loading spin to heads up slight delay any solutions for that ?

15. Airbus

Airbus MDL Member

May 10, 2010
    Who do you think leaks those keys anyway?
    I believe M$ is doing that with a purpose.
    In countries like mine, not a lot of people can afford to buy genuine operating system. So naturally they all go for other means of obtaining an OS.
    Regaring privacy, I do think that now with Windows 8.1 there is almost no privacy at all. Everything is synced (using tiles) and all social virtual life is stored on M$ servers.

16. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    They can't turn over what they don't have.
    Has anyone figured out how to block that MarkMonitor built-in spytool thing they got going?
    Perhaps certain firewall programs?

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

According to your public profile you are living in the UK. The kings of observation and storage (worse than the US). When I had been to London 1992 I already wondered how a city can install that many cameras on streets and public places.

This here is not about paranoia of the one who could be observed! It is about the insane behaviour of those who observe (their paranoia)! Institutions with a poor self confidence and the feeling to be incomplete and vulnerable ARE observing to get a seemingly increase of power.

And it seems you have become blind on that eye being on a public camera all the years already when moving through the streets of the UK.....

M$ passed infos to the NSA how to break encryption of skype webcam chats. This is a fact that reasons the question of: Are you @home probably watched....

Just my two cents...:)

18. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    Yep, they could watch and learn feedback, but I am afraid they won't do so... :)

19. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Of course M$ is watching us,they use our help to make their OS as uncrackable & stable as possible...they took out Daz loader with Windows 8 & now the KMS activators & the Windows Store crack with Windows 8.1

we are their free beta testers...they leak builds on purpose each time so that we can give them valuable feedback before they release the public betas :D

20. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    - If you can't afford Windows, then get Linux
    - None of that affects you for the most part if you don't use a MS account or use any Modern UI apps

Don't hook a webcam and mic to your computer, and don't worry about it :p Might be poor advice to people who rely on both of these though, or who have AIO systems like laptops...

I personally don't worry about it though. I don't use my laptop wondering if MS is just monitoring my mic, or if my webcam is turning on without the LED being on. If I was really concerned, I'd just use Linux.