Mod Your Own Bios / Discussions on BIOS Transcoding

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hellohello, Jul 12, 2007.

1. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Great! I will take a look at that. :) Thanks again! :D

One question ... I notice that now (with the new patched BIOS), that I can't get into my BIOS config. When I press DEL at boottime, it used to go to the BIOS setup, now it goes to "detecting RAID array ..."

And since I don't have RAID, it freezes up. :-\ Not sure why it would do this, I might try flashing with an ASUS or the Toshiba SLIC I used before to see if it does that with them too, but any idea?

Not a HUGE issue since I've pretty much got everything in my BIOS set up the way I want it anyway, so I don't go in there much now. And if I really need to get in, I can flash to unmodded bios, make changes, then flash back to BIOS with NEC SLIC. ;)

2. ciscokid

ciscokid MDL Senior Member

Jun 3, 2007
    I don't think the ISA file would affect that but try modding the ISA.BIN file as ISA2 or ISA3. That should clear up any conflicts. I bet you the ISA file may be attempting to use the same memory as something else. Otherwise, you can try Asus or Dell ISA. I know the Dell ISA in the archive in the beginning of this thread works perfectly. I used to use it before I fixed my HP ISA file. ;)

3. dumppq

dumppq MDL Junior Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Nope, just tried it as ISA2 and then again as ISA3, same story ... I'll try a different SLIC later to see if it still happens with those.

4. Mr Been

Mr Been MDL Senior Member

Feb 24, 2008

Hello nartac,

the file you sent me (OEMS.BIN) only had the size 0185Bh compressed
    I had to add 2 dummy bytes at the end to get size 0185Dh
    but I got it now!!!!!

The only difference I still have in the final modded bios is:

Total compressed code size = 4B581h(301.38K) - I have : 4B588h
    and
    Remain compress code space = 10A7Fh(66.62K) - I have : 10A78h

don't know if that is important ?????

THANK YOU nartac

5. sthnm

sthnm MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
    what for intel bios?

i have intel 945gccr motherboard.... what is the prcess and softwares to be used to mod by bios...pls say me in detal..

ur efforts are appreciated

6. niz_se

niz_se MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2008
    Hi!
    I´m new here. And new to this bios modding thing...
    I started out trying to get the "classic" 'Hewlett-Packard' into my friends bios (Actually a HP computer, but an older one without any string...) and when I succeded I traveled on to put in the harder 'Dell System'. This time in a bios for vMware. This of course took some more effort but now, when I cracked it, it doesen´t seem so hard any more... :)

Well, I'm sitting here with an OEM Windows Vista disc from Dell... Guess my new mission :rolleyes:

Now I am stuck thow!
    I read some guides in the forum, but I just don´t get it.
    It´s a Phoenix Bios and I´ve been looking for a 'SLIC' or/and a 'RSDT' string. I found nothing in ACPI1.BIN.
    I could find two instanses of 'RSDT' in BIOSCOD0.ROM but I can't figure out what to do. Should there be two? And shouldn't I find it in ACPIx.BIN?

Please, can anyone point me in the right direction here?
    Thanx!

7. DTHCoCo

DTHCoCo MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2007
    What No One Read This Section Anymore??????

8. cobain

cobain MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2008
    are this aways for the mod of bios? i looking for bios modded for vista activation for my DFI DK P35-T2RS :confused:

9. alexs3d2

alexs3d2 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2008
    Hellow, I am very new to this forum, but I have done a thorough reading and have a question regarding modding with a Phoenix BIOS:
    What I don't quite get, is what should I type next to RSDT?? I am using the "ASUS.BIN" SLIC.

To clarify:
    In WinHEX in the file BIOSCOD1.ROM I find through search "RSDT.....TOSCPL....RSDT" or something similar. Do I need to change BOTH the 1st and 2nd RSDT to XSDT AND change TOSCPL to ASUS?? Or am I getting it wrong??

Please advice!!

PS: I did the changes as I thought better, and it did later compile without errors in Bios Editor, but I am afraid to flash before I am sure.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Overwrite the string NEXT TO……….

The first RSDT is the tablename. If you’ll overwrite it, your laptop is bricked after you’ve applied the bios.

Asus OEMID is: _ASUS_
    Asus OEMTABLEID is: Notebook

So overwrite TOSCPL (which is the string next to the first RSDT)….. with _ASUS_Notebook. Thereby the second RSDT string will be overwritten.

The same do at first XSDT: Overwrite the string NEXT TO IT the same way.

The first strings found (RSDT, XSDT) are the table names. To overwrite them will end up fatal, so be careful.

There is no word said change RSDT TO XSDT………this may end up fatal as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. alexs3d2

alexs3d2 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2008
    OK! Got it... But as I've been reading, if I do brick the laptop, its impossible to revive it without sending it back in? Right?

Does PhoenixBIOS not include fail safe BIOS updating like AMI, where you can flash the BIOS using a USB Stick or CD-ROM in case a bad BIOS is detected??

Thanks, a lot for the help!!

12. Fzeven

Fzeven MDL Guru

May 8, 2007
    The only chance to recover is a crisis disk, if that don't work it's back to the shop.

13. Roman

Roman MDL Addicted

Jun 5, 2007
    No comment... :confused:

14. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Spam, as usual. Thanks to admin for deleting it...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Roman

Roman MDL Addicted

Jun 5, 2007
    #157 Roman, Apr 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  16. digitara

digitara MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    Hi also this file is activating lots of alarms by avira.
    There are also unrecognizeable characters in the filenames - maybe because it is a file with chinese names ?
    regards ...

17. Roman

Roman MDL Addicted

Jun 5, 2007
    False pozitive alarm. ;)

18. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    These false positives happen sometimes. Usually, it's false alarm. No modder here is intending to get a virus or any other malicious code on your PC. This community would go beserk if we'd go distributing viruses :rolleyes:

Til' that day, no virus contamination due to downloading bios mods has happened or is at least known.

At least everyone is responsible for what he or she is doing. Especially in the space we're moving here: the Internet.

Don't panic and have fun ;)

kind regards,
    ancestor(v)