1. bobo1704

bobo1704 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2009
    Hmmm ok!! Is there any temporary fix or will be there a new version with this bug fixed?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #19982 Enthousiast, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    I was so foolish to not test the option 1,2 to select all available indexes direct, i've selected 1 first to test but it takes a while to complete before i can test 1,2.

Can you try this?

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #19983 Enthousiast, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    @bobo1704

Single index converting works:
    Code:
    ===============================================================================
                   MSMG ToolKit - Convert WIM Image to ESD Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ####Starting Converting WIM Image to ESD Image#################################

Reading Image Information...

| Index | Arch | Name
    |   1   | x64  | Windows 11 Home
    |   2   | x64  | Windows 11 Pro

Enter the Image Index # [Range : 1,...2 or 'A'll 'Q'uit] : 1

####Converting WIM Image to ESD Image##########################################

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.21382.1

Exporting image
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The operation completed successfully.

####Finished Converting WIM Image to ESD Image#################################

Press any key to continue . . .
    Multiple index converting, test seems promising works:
    Code:
                   MSMG ToolKit - Convert WIM Image to ESD Image

####Starting Converting WIM Image to ESD Image#################################

Reading Image Information...

| Index | Arch | Name
    |   1   | x64  | Windows 11 Home
    |   2   | x64  | Windows 11 Pro

Enter the Image Index # [Range : 1,...2 or 'A'll 'Q'uit] : 1,2

####Converting WIM Image to ESD Image##########################################

Exporting image

Exporting image

####Finished Converting WIM Image to ESD Image#################################

Press any key to continue . . .

4. bobo1704

bobo1704 MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2009
    OK, so the workaround is manually selecting the indexes rather than All. Thank you a lot!!

5. wbettss1972

wbettss1972 MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2020
    This worked perfectly no problems at all. Thank you.

6. Titanos

Titanos MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2019
    #19986 Titanos, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    1) You skipped this step: use a virtual machine (like VirtualBox), install the original source iso and check for sfc erros.
    a) IF you get errors that means the source ISO is the problem.
    b) SFC errors are a problem ONLY IF sfc can't correct those errors.

2) I think you're steps should be like the list bellow.
    btw: use MSM Toolkit 11.4 / this doesn't mean you'll not et sfc errors.
    1) Extract MSM Toolkit 11.4 archive to <\MSMG\>

2) Extract the following packs to <\MSMG\PACKS\>
    a. DirectX9c
    b. NetFX35
    c. NetFX48
    d. VCRuntime

3) Prepare:
    a. Removepkgslist.txt with removable component entries and copy to <\MSMG\bin\lists\>
    b. Enablefeaturelist.txt with entries which enable features and copy to <\MSMG\bin\lists\>

/* --> skip this
    4) Extract ISO to <\MSMG\DVD\>
    */
    4a) Copy ISO file to <\MSMG\ISO\> IF doesn't exists.
    4b) Delete all files and folders in <\MSMG\DVD\> folder
    4c) Delete all files and folders in <\MSMG\MOUNT\> folder

5) Add "start.bat" & "toolkit.bat" to AV exclusion

6) Run "start.bat" with administrative privileges.

/* --> skip this
    Tools [7] WIM Manager [1] Delete [C]
    */

a0) Source [1] Extract Source from DVD ISO Image [3]
    a1) Source [1] Select Source Image from DVD folder [1]

g) Integrate [2] Windows Features [3] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Feature [A]
    h) Integrate [2] Windows Features [3] Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Feature

b) Integrate [2] Windows Features [3] DirectX 9.0c [P]
    c) Integrate [2] Windows Features [3] Visual C++ Runtime

d) Remove [3] Remove Windows Components Using Package List [2]

i) Customize [4] Enable Windows Features using Features List [1]
    e) Customize [4] Apply Tweaks [8]

Disable Cortana App [A]
    Hide Taskbar Task view Icon
    Disable Automatic driver updates through windows updates [C] (---> get Windows Update Blocker from sordum.org site )
    Disable Automatic downloading and installing of 3rd party apps [D]
    Disable Windows Defender [E]
    Disable Automatic Windows SmartScreen [F]

Disable Automatic Windows Upgrade [G]
    Disable Windows Update [H]

Enable Windows photo viewer [K]

/* --> skip this

f) APPLY [5] Cleanup the Source Image [1]
    */

j) APPLY [5] Apply & Save Changes to Source Images [2] ---> [Trim: YES] [Cleanup: YES]

/* --> skip this

k) APPLY [5] Re-Build Source Images [1]
    l) Tools [7] WIM Manager [1] Convert [E]

*/

m) Target [6] Make a DVD ISO image [1]

7. jinvidia

jinvidia MDL Member

Aug 7, 2016
    #19987 jinvidia, Jul 29, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Thank you sir. I figured it out now that I have already tried the above ISO with MSMG 9.8 and there are no sfc errors. In order to double check it I have tried version 9.8 for the second time and there are no sfc errors. Even the "N" version installs flawlessly without sfc errors with version 9.8. The only thing about version 9.8 is I cant integrate VCRuntime and not able to remove some other unnecessary components which is possible with the recent versions.
    Will try the above steps with version 11.4 and report back.

And is Cortona necessary for the above ISO for the search function to work ?

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hmm, excuse my intrusion; Well I made the necessary modifications for several months but using version 10.1 and I never had any problems with SFC...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. 3to4

3to4 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Sorry for a basic question!!
    With Toolkit 11.6, I removed almost all the components from Windows 10 ltsc 2019, and it worked very well.
    Now I am trying to import the following registry,

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem]
    "NtfsDisableLfsUpgrade"=dword:00000001

But, during installation, setup stops with file corruption. (It works without this import.) What am doing wrong? Can someone gve me a clue?

PS: I want to integrate this, as I am dual booting with old OS, like Windows 7 and XP...

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Those who are using Toolkit to remove components make sure

- The source image used is SFC clean, the refreshed ISO/ESD released by Microsoft do contain SFC ghost error which gets fixed upon running SFC /SCANNOW
    - The required CU specified in the changelog is integrated first before removing the components, the current Toolkit component removal only works with these images

Windows 10 Client v1809 (v10.0.17763.1999)
    Windows 10 Client v1903/v1909 (v10.0.18362.1621/v10.0.18363.1621)
    Windows 10 Client v2004/v20H2/v21H1 (v10.0.19041.1052/v10.0.19042.1052/v10.0.19043.1052)

- The Image Cleanup is not performed as it creates the SFC ghost error.
    - Only either use Remove Windows Components or Remove Packages using Package List (ToolKitHelper Method) or Remove Apps/Packages using Apps/Packages List (DISM Method), don't mix all the three methods.

Been busy with other issues here, will be uploading newer version of Toolkit tomorrow to support the below source images

Windows 10 Client v1809 (v10.0.17763.2061)
    Windows 10 Client v1903/v1909 (v10.0.18362.1679/v10.0.18363.1679)
    Windows 10 Client v2004/v20H2/v21H1 (v10.0.19041.1110/v10.0.19042.1110/v10.0.19043.1110)
    Windows 10 Client v2004/v20H2/v21H1/v21H2 (v10.0.19041.1149/v10.0.19042.1149/v10.0.19043.1149/v10.0.19044.1149)

Haven't fixed the firewall issue yet and so will be disabling it's removal in the next release for mean time.

11. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
  12. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    @MSMG
    FYI: A quick translate of the main issue from the @graver.x russian screenshot sounds like:
    "Error 2: the specified file was not found", just after healthy SFC check report.
    (The same error as @graver.x experienced before in Toolkit v11.5).

But I can say I don't remember such error on my experience with LTSC. (I don't play with modern Windows versions)

13. Titanos

Titanos MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2019
    #19993 Titanos, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    ======
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\FileSystem]
    "NtfsDisableLfsUpgrade"=dword:00000001
    =====

I have a note - can't find it now - that specifies the imported registry must use ControlSet001 and not CurrentControlSet.

14. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I'm installing Server 2019. Removed most stuff and when I installed the OS some specific sounds don't work, like program error, exclamation, notify and things like that. Sounds like recycle, device connect, disconnect and fail work, and I can get the start up sound working via a task and vbs script. I thought it might be something I removed with the toolkit, but I installed a vanilla S2019 standard with desktop experience, enabled the sound related services and I get the same result.

Anyone aware of how to get these sounds working? They work fine when I play them from control panel > sounds, but not when events that would normally trigger a sound occur.

They work fine on S2012 R2. I want them working because I can't see my server, but it's close enough for me to hear it when stuff happens.

15. 3to4

3to4 MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    Thank you so much. Now the installation went through!! I checked the registry. This registry mod goes to a different position, but the mod is working!! (I checked by running "fsutil fsinfo ntfsinfo C:" You saved me from all my frustrations of not being able to do this. Thank you again.

16. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    I always experienced such odd sounds behavior on Windows 10 (any time, any versions).

I offer you my semi-silent scheme to use as a template.
    Manual settings should work, and with your own comfortable configuration as you like it.
    Try.
    Code:
    echo   :: Sound scheme ......................................................................................... [ Custom ]
           ::
           ::      Defaults:  (Default) = .Default
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Names\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Custom" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes" /ve /t REG_SZ /d ".Custom" /f >nul 2>&1
           ::      System sounds
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\.Default\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\.Default\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\AppGPFault\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Restore.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\AppGPFault\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Restore.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\CCSelect\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\CCSelect\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ChangeTheme\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ChangeTheme\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Close\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Close\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\CriticalBatteryAlarm\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Proximity Connection.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\CriticalBatteryAlarm\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Proximity Connection.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceConnect\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Exclamation.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceConnect\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Exclamation.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceDisconnect\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\notify.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceDisconnect\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\notify.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceFail\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Critical Stop.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\DeviceFail\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Critical Stop.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\FaxBeep\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\FaxBeep\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\LowBatteryAlarm\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\LowBatteryAlarm\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MailBeep\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MailBeep\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Maximize\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Maximize\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MenuCommand\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MenuCommand\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MenuPopup\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MenuPopup\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MessageNudge\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\MessageNudge\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Minimize\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Minimize\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Default\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Default\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.IM\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.IM\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm10\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm2\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm3\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm4\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm5\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm6\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm7\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm8\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Alarm9\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call10\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call2\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call3\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call4\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call5\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call6\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call7\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call8\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Looping.Call9\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Mail\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Mail\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Proximity\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Proximity\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Reminder\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.Reminder\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.SMS\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Notification.SMS\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Open\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\Open\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\PrintComplete\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\PrintComplete\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ProximityConnection\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ProximityConnection\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\RestoreDown\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\RestoreDown\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\RestoreUp\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\RestoreUp\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ShowBand\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\ShowBand\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemAsterisk\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemAsterisk\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemExclamation\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemExclamation\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemExit\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemHand\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Critical Stop.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemHand\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\Windows Critical Stop.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemNotification\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemNotification\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemQuestion\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\SystemQuestion\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsLogoff\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsLogon\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsUAC\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsUAC\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\.Default\WindowsUnlock\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
           ::      Explorer Sounds
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\ActivatingDocument\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\ActivatingDocument\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\BlockedPopup\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\BlockedPopup\.current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\EmptyRecycleBin\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\recycle.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\EmptyRecycleBin\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "C:\Windows\media\recycle.wav" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\FeedDiscovered\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\FeedDiscovered\.current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\MoveMenuItem\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\MoveMenuItem\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\.Current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\SecurityBand\.Custom" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
    reg add "HKCU\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\SecurityBand\.current" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "" /f >nul 2>&1
           ::      Sound scheme for all future users
    reg add "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\AppEvents\Schemes" /ve /t REG_SZ /d ".Custom" /f >nul 2>&1
    :::::::::

17. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Thank you kind sir.
    It's too quiet :) I want noise.... give me noise... Lots of noise... :)

Seriously, I have something similar. I like some of the older sounds more than the newer ones. But I just cannot get Windows to play anything on S2019 at all, no matter what sound I set for these events; Asterisk, Critical stop, Default Beep, Exclamation, Notification, Program Error, Question and System Notification.

18. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Yanta
    Recheck Windows codecs removal. May be install 3-rd party codecs pack, i.e. K-Lite.
    These are very fast steps to check before you go deep into inspecting specific S2019 issues.

19. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    #19999 Yanta, Jul 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Audio plays fine with k-Lite and opencodecs. VLC, PotPlayer and websites all play audio without issue.
    The only thing that won't play are that half dozen or so system sounds.

UPDATE: Figured it out - Just have to enable the \microsoft\windows\multimedia\systemsounds task

20. Titanos

Titanos MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2019
    Do a test with windows update service active and computer connected to Internet.