1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    For which W10 version are you trying to integrate the app?

The dependency for Office Hub, make sure the below files are present in the Apps\<OS> folder.

Code:
      <Dependencies>
        <PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00" MinVersion="14.0.29231.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US" />
        <PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop" MinVersion="14.0.29231.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US" />
      </Dependencies>

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Offline.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    If you are using UUP generated image as source then the boot.wim is created using the Winre.wim and so it doesn't contain the base packages required for integrating the WinPE-Setup-Client-Package language resource packages.

In earlier versions of Toolkit, I had embedded these base packages for each Windows 10 versions inside the Toolkit's <Bin\Patches\WinPE> folder and the Toolkit script used to integrate the base packages from here if the base packages are not present in the image.

Due to the size of these base packages grew I have moved these packages to Toolkit's <Packs\LanguagePacks\w10\<Version>\<Architecture>> folder and the same can be found in the download location.

Do download the those the below three packages from the download link to <Packs\LanguagePacks\w10\10.0.19041\x64> folder and then try to integrate the language packs.

Code:
    WinPE-Setup-Client-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1.cab
    WinPE-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1.cab
    WinPE-Setup-Server-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.1.cab

4. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
    #20504 graver.x, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    Yes, I've already figured it out. And removed it in the next test with RemoveAppsList.txt like Microsoft.BingNews.

But if you have noticed, in my RemovePkgsList.txt this application is present as News. Why doesn't ToolkitHelper remove it?

Is it possible to add it to the list for deletion? In my opinion , it is one of the useless things.
    By the way, Get Started is also present in my RemovePkgsList.txt. So ToolkitHelper.exe does not delete this application for some reason either?

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    It should remove, here it is getting removed anyway will check this also with the SFC error.

Get Started in RemovePkgsList.txt is the Tips App and not the the new Get Started App present in the Windows 11.

Removing the MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy will break the Start Menu and other functionalities, need to workout a way to remove the Get Started App without breaking the MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy.

6. geepnozeex

geepnozeex MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I did not find this files in the mounted image.

7. pamalosebi

pamalosebi MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2020
    Thank you! I didn't know those basefiles were needed now. :)

8. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    @MSMG,

Replace in "ClientWebExperience_License"
    from
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    to
    MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_cw5n1h2txyewy

Remove Components:
    I do not know if it is feasible, but follow the suggestion: In the System Menu, the "C_Paint" component could be renamed for "C_CLASSICPAINT" or something, in order to facilitate the differentiation of the "C_Pain3D (MSPaint)" of Windows 10 and "Paint "Windows 11.

Even if the Setup manual is removed through the toolkithelper it is running within the loop of indexes. It ends up being run several times.
    It would be interesting to put as it was previously, via "Call" command, but modified to Toolkithelper command as I put below and, remove the "C_ManualSetup" component name from the "For" command.
    Code:
    for /l %%i in (1, 1, %ImageCount%) do (
       if exist "%InstallMount%\%%i" (
           echo.
           if not %%i gtr 9 echo.===========================[Install.wim, Index : %%i]============================
           if %%i gtr 9 echo.==========================[Install.wim, Index : %%i]============================

:: Removing Windows Components
           %ToolKitHelper% "%InstallMount%\%%i" "%Components%"
       )
    )

if "%C_ManualSetup%" equ "-" %ToolKitHelper% "%DVD%" "ManualSetup"

9. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #20509 inTerActionVRI, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    @MSMG,

from
    Code:
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *Photos*.*xbundle" 2^>nul') do if exist %%i set "Photos_Appx=!Apps!\%%i"

to
    Code:
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *Windows.Photos*.*xbundle" 2^>nul') do if exist %%i set "Photos_Appx=!Apps!\%%i"

Change, because how it is, it may end up finding "Photos.MediaEngineDLC" and set the variable erroneously.

from
    Code:
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *Paint*.*xbundle" 2^>nul') do if exist %%i set "Paint_Appx=!Apps!\%%i"

to
    Code:
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *Microsoft.Paint*.*xbundle" 2^>nul') do if exist %%i set "Paint_Appx=!Apps!\%%i"

The same here, as it may end up finding "MSPaint" and set the variable erroneously.

Could you make a pack available with the inboxapps * .xmls? Some are missing.
    And, where, in addition to the RG-Adguard, I can find other ancient APPX dependencies. Like:
    "Microsoft.Media.PlayReadyClient.2_2.11.2154.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    I found only x64.

Code:
    if "%ImageArchitecture%" equ "arm" for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement*_arm__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" 2^>nul') do set "ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:!Apps!\%%i"
    if "%ImageArchitecture%" equ "arm64" for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement*_arm64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" 2^>nul') do set "ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:!Apps!\%%i"
    if "%ImageArchitecture%" equ "x86" for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement*_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" 2^>nul') do set "ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:!Apps!\%%i"
    if "%ImageArchitecture%" equ "x64" (
       for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement*_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" 2^>nul') do set "ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:!Apps!\%%i"
       for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement*_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.Appx" 2^>nul') do set "ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx=!ServicesStoreEngagement_Appx! /DependencyPackagePath:!Apps!\%%i"
    )

For the "ServicesStoreEngagagement_AppX" be set with the dependencies for both architectures (x86 and x64), there is a need to make this change in x64.
    Note: "ServicesStoreEngagagement_AppX" is not present in the integration of any InboxApp.

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Fixed MicrosoftWindows.Client.WebExperience_cw5n1h2txyewy.

C_Paint and C_Paint3D people can easily identify the difference one is classic and other one is 3D.

C_Paint is used for Windows 10 and Windows 11 Classic Paint
    C_Paint3D is used for Windows 10 Paint 3D App

Yes will move the C_ManualSetup removal out of the loop.

11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Fixed the code for *Windows.Photos*.*xbundle, *Microsoft.Paint*.*xbundle

I have uploaded all the availalbe .xml license files in the download link <Packs\Apps\w81>, <Packs\Apps\w10> and <Packs\Apps\w11>, for some license files not available, I have added /SkipLicense switch for integration which makes the App to get activated upon first connection to the internet.

Microsoft.Media.PlayReadyClient.2_2.11.2154.0 is available in <Packs\Apps\w81> for Windows 8.1 Apps.

Right now the updated apps don't use the ServicesStoreEngagement, but if any old App needs it will check the dependency and adapt it later.

12. abhijeetv2

abhijeetv2 MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2018
    Hi,
    I'm pretty new with iso modification. I have downloaded 21h1 iso from UUP.
    My question is - Would it be possible to have Edge classic/Legacy with this tool?
    As Microsoft has removed it and New edge has pathetic pdf support. Hope some one with expertise may answer. Thanks

13. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #20513 inTerActionVRI, Sep 27, 2021
    An example of missing license is: for the integration of "AV1VideoExtension_License", in which there is the license for x64, but missing for x86.
    But I am having problems, for Arch X86 that is already with "/SkipLicense". Is the problem the missing of this comma between pack and dependence?

from
    Code:
    %DISM% /Image:"%InstallMount%\%%i" /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:"%AV1VideoExtension_Appx%" "%VCLibs14_Appx%" /SkipLicense

to
    Code:
    %DISM% /Image:"%InstallMount%\%%i" /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:"%AV1VideoExtension_Appx%", "%VCLibs14_Appx%" /SkipLicense

Here is inserting a empty /DependencyPackagePath:, as it is already present within the dependence variable.
    from
    Code:
    %DISM% /Image:"%InstallMount%\%%i" /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:"%PhotosMediaEngine_Appx%" /DependencyPackagePath:"%VCLibs14_Appx%" /SkipLicense

to
    Code:
    %DISM% /Image:"%InstallMount%\%%i" /Add-ProvisionedAppxPackage /PackagePath:"%PhotosMediaEngine_Appx%", "%VCLibs14_Appx%" /SkipLicense

I can be very wrong about this comma, because they are direct DISM command without the call command.

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes you can, remove Edge Chromium using Toolkit's Remove->Windows Components menu, this will leave the old Edge as it is.

Will test myself and let you know.

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    AV1VideoExtension x86 or arm64 license is not available, the x64 was extracted from Windows 10X image. Only OEM do have access to these license or when you buy them.

Yes you need to remove the comma for those lines where I have used /SkipLicense switch, I had already fixed it in the current version I do have here.

also the extra /DependencyPackagePath: should be too removed.

16. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #20516 inTerActionVRI, Sep 27, 2021
    Ok! Understood.

if "%InboxApp%" equ "OfficeHub" call :AddProvisionedAppxPackage "%InstallMount%\%%i", "My Office", "%OfficeHub_Appx%", "%VCLibsUWPDesktop14_Appx% VCLibs14_Appx%", "%OfficeHub_License%"

Missing "%" in VCLibs14_Appx%.

Missing * before .appx
    from
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *PlayReadyClient*%ImageArchitecture%.appx" 2^>nul') do set "MediaPlayReadyClient22_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:%Apps%\%%i"
    to
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b *PlayReadyClient*%ImageArchitecture%*.appx" 2^>nul') do set "MediaPlayReadyClient22_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:%Apps%\%%i"

To avoid WinJS.1.0. if is there, change WinJS* to WinJS.2*.
    from
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.WinJS*.appx" 2^>nul') do set "WinJS20_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:%Apps%\%%i"
    to
    for /f %%i IN ('"dir /b Microsoft.WinJS.2*.appx" 2^>nul') do set "WinJS20_Appx=/DependencyPackagePath:%Apps%\%%i"

17. spriditis

spriditis MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2014
    #20517 spriditis, Sep 28, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    1. This line is missing force overwrite (/f) flag:
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "TargetReleaseVersion" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" >nul 2>&1
    If value already exists/rerunning, reg.exe is stuck (with hidden "Value TargetReleaseVersion exists, overwrite(Yes/No)?" line)..

2. "ToolKit requires a Windows 8.1/10 HOST OS for servicing Windows 10 Source OS"
    ~ I tried various options and everything seems to be working ok when using DISM10 exe on Win7x64:
    ~was this specific to some Win10 version?

::if "%HostVersion%" equ "6.1" set "DISM=%Bin%\%HostArchitecture%\DISM81\Dism.exe"
    set "DISM=%Bin%\%HostArchitecture%\DISM10\Dism.exe"

+Changing to false that host OS check :
    if "%HostVersion%" equ "6.1" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (
    if 0 equ 1 if "%HostVersion%" equ "6.1" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (

3. This delete line should come before adding key - as it just deletes the whole key:

Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc" /v "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\l3codecp.acm" /t REG_SZ /d "Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (Professional)" /f >nul
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" /v "msacm.l3acm" /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%%SystemRoot%%\System32\l3codecp.acm" /f >nul
    Reg delete "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\drivers.desc" /f >nul 2>&1

- and same for x64..

18. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    For "GamingServices" and "WindowsSubsystemForAndroid" is also required to put the /SkipLicense, as these do not have the licenses.

19. 正义羊

正义羊 MDL Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    W10 get same error

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. 正义羊

正义羊 MDL Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016

In 11.8 line 17206:
    :: Remove Windows 10 v1809/v1903/v1909 Client Client Windows Apps Menu
    it should be:
    :: Remove Windows 10 v1809/v1903/v1909 Client Windows Apps Menu

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...