1. qazesz

qazesz MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2018
    I was using 12.9 and this problem persists in 13.0. I also tested 17763 and 19045, both with supported latest update, removing Windows Mixed Reality does not break remote desktop.

2. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    @MSMG,

The "Remote Desktop Client" component is displayed in "Remove Network Components Menu".
    The "Remote Desktop Server" component is displayed in "Remove Remote Components Menu".

Could these 2 components be together in the same menu, in one of these 2 menus?

If so, I believe it would look better visually.

I know the current order is alphabetical, but sorting by functionality sounds more organized to deal with the types of applications to be removed, in this case of Network and Remote components.
    So, functionally speaking, it also seems to me that the 2 menus should be close together, moving Remove Privacy Components one position, up or down.

Everything, in this case, are suggestions.

Maybe even join the Network and Remote menus, creating:
    "Remove Network & Remote Components Menu".

3. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    These details above only came to mind, as the member @qazesz mentioned having problems with "Remote Desktop" and I went to check if it was linked to the removal of Windows Mixed Reality.

In Toolkit.cmd Script there is no link with this removal.

@qazesz, could you check if you checked the removal of "Remote Desktop Server", in menu 5?
    Perhaps this interfered in some way. It wasn't supposed to happen since the Client and the Server are different things, but it doesn't hurt to check.

In light of your tests, I know this sounds weird, but try keeping both and see if the problems persist.

But if you already keep them, then I think this information will be useful for MSMG to verify the component removal performed through the ToolkitHelper in 18363.

4. qazesz

qazesz MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2018
    I am sure that no components related to Remote Desktop have been selected, because in fact I did tests with RemovepkgsList.txt only contains Windows Mixed Reality.

5. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
    is it a new menu?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    It is a suggestion to display only one option in the Toolkit.

At IMCK it is already implemented. Specifically because of the conversation you and I had this week about ESD to WIM Conversion.
    Thus, no one would have doubts anymore, putting that, an option makes the ideal choice for each person's case.

7. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
    okay, got it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
    truth

9. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Will fix it.

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I think, I found the cause for the Remote Desktop not working when Windows Mixed Reality is removed, will fix it soon.

11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    There are plans to merge the Internet and Network menus in future versions, will be moving the Remote Desktop Client to Remoting menu.

12. Knives*

Knives* MDL Member

Sep 21, 2013
    @MSMG ,

The original thread here is still showing "MSMG ToolKit v12.9".

13. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    have uploaded a newer version of ToolKitHelper.exe, can you try the component removal with it and let me know the results.

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Have made the changes.

15. bala1

bala1 MDL Member

May 2, 2015
  16. qazesz

qazesz MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2018
    It's fixed now, thank you.

17. n3ro97

n3ro97 MDL Member

Oct 17, 2018
    When I remove other components and keep Windows Store Back-end Client, AAD Broker Plugin, Accounts Control, windows store won't download and install with command line wsreset -i.
    I also tried abbodi1406 Microsoft Store Lite version but when I open it, app ends up with infinite loading screen.
    What component should I also retain then? Because Toolkit description says: Windows Store Back-end Client, AAD Broker Plugin, Accounts Control is only required for windows store to work, but looks like something else is required.

Windows Store downloads, installs and works flawlessly on the clean original Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2021 21H2 19044.1288 with both methods: wsreset -i and abbodi1406 Microsoft Store Lite Version.

18. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    Have you applied the Disable Windows Update Tweak?
    Not necessarily, but that could be it.

19. n3ro97

n3ro97 MDL Member

Oct 17, 2018
    #24199 n3ro97, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Yes, I did. I will try without applying this tweak.
    Please don't tell me I can't use Microsoft Store App with disabled WU...

Can I at least apply Disable Windows Update tweak and modify one of registry values responsible for blocking Microsoft Store? I wonder which one it is.
    The list of registry entries that are modified when applying Disable Windows Update tweak:
    Code:
    if "%Tweak%" equ "DisableWindowsUpdate"
    (
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization" /v "SystemSettingsDownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech_OneCore\Preferences" /v "ModelDownloadAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization" /v "OptInOOBE" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "5" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Services\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d" /v "RegisteredWithAU" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels\Microsoft-Windows-DeviceUpdateAgent/Operational" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WINEVT\Channels\Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient/Operational]" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings" /v "HideMCTLink" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Speech" /v "AllowSpeechModelUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DoNotConnectToWindowsUpdateInternetLocations" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableWindowsUpdateAccess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "WUServer" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "WUStatusServer" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "UpdateServiceUrlAlternate" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "NoAutoUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "UseWUServer" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\wuauserv" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f >nul 2>&1
    )

20. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #24200 inTerActionVRI, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    I think I modified something on IMCK, on Custom Disable Windows Update.

I know Downloads through the store work with Windows Update disabled. But I never tested the command: wsreset -i

EDIT:
    Code:
               if "!T_CustomDisableWindowsUpdateTweaks!" equ "+" (
                   echo.
                   echo.##### Custom Disable Windows Update Tweaks #####
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_NTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization" /v "SystemSettingsDownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization" /v "SystemSettingsDownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization" /v "OptInOOBE" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeliveryOptimization\Config" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DODownloadMode" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DOMinBackgroundQos" /t REG_DWORD /d "256" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DOMinBatteryPercentageAllowedToUpload" /t REG_DWORD /d "100" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DOMaxUploadBandwidth" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DOPercentageMaxDownloadBandwidth" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeliveryOptimization" /v "DOMaxDownloadBandwidth" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1

reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Services\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d" /v "registeredWithAU" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings" /v "HideMCTLink" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1

if "%ImageDefaultLanguage%" equ "zh-CN" reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\LexiconUpdate\loc_0804" /v "HapDownloadEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   if "%ImageDefaultLanguage%" equ "zh-HK" reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\LexiconUpdate\loc_0804" /v "HapDownloadEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   if "%ImageDefaultLanguage%" equ "zh-TW" reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\LexiconUpdate\loc_0804" /v "HapDownloadEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1

if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w10" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w11" (
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx" /v "DisableGwx" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableOSUpgrade" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   )
                   if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w7" if "%SelectedSourceOS%" neq "w81" (
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DeferUpdatePeriod" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DeferUpgrade" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DeferUpgradePeriod" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                       rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Services\Pending\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d" /v "ClientApplicationID" /t REG_SZ /d "MoUpdateOrchestrator" /f >nul 2>&1
                       reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Services\Pending\7971f918-a847-4430-9279-4a52d1efe18d" /v "RegisterWithAU" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   )

reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "AllowAutoWindowsUpdateDownloadOverMeteredNetwork" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableDualScan" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableOSUpgrade" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "ElevateNonAdmins" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "SetDisableUXWUAccess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "SetRestartWarningSchd" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AlwaysAutoRebootAtScheduledTime" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DoNotConnectToWindowsUpdateInternetLocations" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DoNotConnectToWindowsUpdateInternetLocations" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableWindowsUpdateAccess" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "DisableWindowsUpdateAccess" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "WUServer" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "WUStatusServer" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "UpdateServiceUrlAlternate" /t REG_SZ /d " " /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AutoInstallMinorUpdates" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "IncludeRecommendedUpdates" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "UseWUServer" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "UseWUServer" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "NoAutoUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "RebootRelaunchTimeoutEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "RebootRelaunchTimeout" /t REG_DWORD /d "10" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "RebootWarningTimeoutEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f >nul 2>&1
                   rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "5" /f >nul 2>&1
                   rem reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsStore" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "5" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\WaaSMedicSvc" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\wuauserv" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "3" /f >nul 2>&1
                   reg.exe add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Speech" /v "AllowSpeechModelUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f >nul 2>&1
               )