1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes it's normal since we are just disabling it through the registry and not by package.

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Well the ESD images are highly compressed images which can't be serviced using any tool be it DISM/MSMG/NTLite/WinToolKit, you need to convert them to a WIM to service it.

3. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    how is the windows version of the toolkit going?

4. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    Thanks MSMG!
    Will test the store on x64 to see if it works now.
    Perhaps I mixed up something when copying the appx files to their folders.

Question: Are the mirrors up to date? Mega only lets me download a few files each 24 hours.
    It would be great to have Mediafire o 4shared or something less restrictive.
    Last time I tried, the mirrors were outdated and it took days to download MSMG packs.

Cheers.

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes, I will be taking a long break to speed up GUI development and so there won't any updates for CMD version for sometime.

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Use the Browser Mega Plugin to speed up the download or else you can use a mega account and import the ToolKit folder and then download it will not put any restriction.

I feel Mega is simple and easy to manage and so chose it, moreover I don't have a good upload speed here so sticking with only one host.

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I make exactly this so no more issues for example some minutes ago I download Toolkit 7.6 and several another applications

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
  9. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Thanks a lot for your hard work

so what order shall I do the removal now? integrate updates first? or integrate .NET Framework 3.5 first? and finally removal or is it the same as before? like....integrate updates...then remove components...then integrate .NET Framework 3.5 last?

11. Prezzi

Prezzi MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Install.wim with 2 indexes, I would like to integrate DART. In MSMG you have the option to set index 1 or 2 or all. To integrate DART I can choose EVERYONE or I need to integrate first in one index and then in the other. Thank you!

12. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    I was a bit surprised also, but slightly different.
    DART can be integrated in boot image OR recovery image. There is no option to integrate in both, and that would be nice. It saves some time.

For the sake of completeness, I could trace back what happened to the store not working on x64 W10 LTSB.
    The packs downloaded from MSMG mega folder are in separate folders, namely \common and \RS1.
    When we maintain this folder structure in the toolkit "Apps" folder, the toolkit errors out with some "signature file" error or alike.

What I did to resolve that, was copying some old signature files from the previous toolkit version to the new "Apps" folder.
    They got mixed up with the new modern app files, so it all went south.

So it was my fault, but then again it wasn't clear that both folders had to be combined together.
    In other words, the content of both \RS1 and \Common must be put in the \Apps folder, nothing more nothing less.
    That caught me the first time, this time I paid more attention.
    I still have to test the store on x64 though...

Cheers.

13. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #3633 MSMG, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    (OP)
    Only if the .NETFX35 is converted into a ToolKit pack format then the whole process can be simplified.

Ok, let me give the steps for servicing a Windows 10 Image

- Select the Source
    - Integrate Windows Language Packs
    - Integrate Windows Feature Packs excluding .NET Framework 3.5
    - Remove Windows Apps
    - Remove Windows Components
    - Remove Windows Advanced Components
    - Integrate Windows Updates/WHD Update Pack
    - Apply Customization
    - Save Source
    - Re-Select the Source
    - Integrate .NET Framework 3.5
    - Integrate Windows Updates/WHD Update Pack
    - Integrate Windows Custom Feature Packs
    - Save Source
    - Rebuild Source

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    You can choose * to integrate the Dart to WinRE.wim Image present in all the indexes.

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes since we are using a individual flag to check whether the boot.wim and winre.wim is selected for mounting so I have kept the menu separately.

Regrading the Apps folder structure, the folders Common/RS1/RS2 are just for differentiation and not the actual folder structure for the ToolKit, I have separated the folders to make it easier for people to copy the required files and also to save the mega bandwidth space.

Just copy the Common folder and RS1 folder files to <Packs\Apps\w10> folder and then integrate it works.

16. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
    that's what i did and it worked like a charm.

17. Prezzi

Prezzi MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2013
    And if it's to integrate into Boot.wim can I also choose 8 all? By default, is it integrated into boot.wim and winre.wim or is it only necessary to integrate into winre.wim?
    Thank you!

18. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    #3638 Super Spartan, Aug 11, 2017
    Thanks a lot chief!

19. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #3639 Tiger-1, Aug 11, 2017
    Hi Phoenix how are you, well this is my humble opinion some items (as NETFX3, DirectX 9.0C, Old Calculator) you can install after when Windows already installed and running so you avoid errors and waste of time; still some items as Old Volume Control and more you make use of Winaero Tweaker v.0.7.0.4 by hb860 ok:)

20. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    I now get this message when trying to integrate calculator.
    ===============================================================================
    MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Microsoft Win32 Calculator

Windows Redstone 2 32-Bit Win32Calc Base files are Not Available Yet...

Press any key to continue . . .