1. ED2099

ED2099 MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2017
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help. I am trying to remove the metro apps from Windows 10 but it seems to give the below error.

error.jpg

I tried with A and B from the metro list (3D software and Alarm clock) and got the above message with both. Any help would be grateful. Using build 1703 of W10.

I am currently using Windows 7

2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I use it to remove, everything. All options and all advanced options. Meaning, every option to remove every feature that MSMG will allow to remove via all the menu options (which I have not committed to memory), is used. Which means, yes, Defender was included in that too.

Somehow I do not think what you are trying to inquire about is actually called, "helper feature". What is it that you are talking about?

3. lomticksoftoast

lomticksoftoast MDL Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Congratulations on your success!
    Thank you for answering my first question.

You're right, I need to be more clear.
    When you processed LTSB, did you use start MSMG by the running the "ToolKit.cmd" or did you run "Start.cmd"?

4. btf-tribal

btf-tribal MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2009
    win 10 RS3 16299.15 integrating wintogo feature doesn`t work.
    please copy feature to packs,wintogo,w10

5. zero cool root

zero cool root MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Sorry my bad english..!!

I know that here isn't place for the kind of doubt, but I not found it anywhere on the internet. If can't have this type of question here, please delete it..!!

How I convert Windows Evaluation ISO (Server or Enterprise) to Windows VL ISO to activate Microsoft Toolkit, AutoKMS or any other..!!

6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    you have to start with start.cmd ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. alkado

alkado MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2017
    #4787 alkado, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    @MSMG Hi, im see that current version of Windows 10 (en_windows_10_multi-edition_vl_version_1709_updated_sept_2017_x64_dvd_100090741.iso)
    in addtitonal contains:
    C:\Windows\system32>Dism /Image:C:\iso\install_3 /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages |findstr DisplayName
    DisplayName : Microsoft.BingWeather
    DisplayName : Microsoft.DesktopAppInstaller
    DisplayName : Microsoft.GetHelp
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Getstarted
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Messaging
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer
    DisplayName : Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub
    DisplayName : Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
    DisplayName : Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes
    DisplayName : Microsoft.MSPaint
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Office.OneNote
    DisplayName : Microsoft.OneConnect
    DisplayName : Microsoft.People
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Print3D
    DisplayName : Microsoft.SkypeApp
    DisplayName : Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Wallet
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Windows.Photos
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsAlarms
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsCalculator
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsCamera
    DisplayName : microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsMaps
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder
    DisplayName : Microsoft.WindowsStore
    DisplayName : Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI
    DisplayName : Microsoft.XboxApp
    DisplayName : Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay
    DisplayName : Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider
    DisplayName : Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay
    DisplayName : Microsoft.ZuneMusic
    DisplayName : Microsoft.ZuneVideo
    DisplayName : Microsoft.ZuneMusic
    DisplayName : Microsoft.ZuneVideo

packets,
    are you plan to update the tools to reflect that couple?

8. pavka1

pavka1 MDL Novice

Mar 8, 2016
    plizz ru-ru lang packs sr3

9. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Those wondering in the past why services pop up despite this script claiming they're removed; it's for reasons like this:

Code:
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService" /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d "4" /f >nul
    CurrentControlSet does not even exist until the system is in a live state. Offline, you have ControlSet001 which then migrates to CurrentControlSet and becomes a backup control set if any corruption occurs in the CurrentControlSet.

And there are multiple entries like this - where the script is "deleting" keys that do not even exist.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
  11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #4791 Enthousiast, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    I wanted to add MS DaRT 7 to a German win 7 SP1 winre.wim and got this (toolkit v7.8 host 16299.64):
    Code:
    ===============================================================================
       MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ####Starting Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image######

Image              : WinRE.wim
        Image Index        : 1
        Image Architecture : x64
        Image Build        : 6.1.7601.17514

####Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image###############

Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools Base Package...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.16299.15

Applying image
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The operation completed successfully.

Access is denied.
    Access is denied.
    Access is denied.
    Access is denied.
    Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools [de-DE] Language Package...

Applying image

####Finished Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image######

Press any key to continue . . .
    For boot.wim index 2 it worked ok:
    Code:
      MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Setup Boot Image

####Starting Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Boot Image##########

Image              : Boot.wim
        Image Index        : 2

####Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Boot Image###################

Applying image

Applying image

####Finished Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Boot Image##########

Exact same results on Toolkit 7.9.

Toolkit 7.5 and new MS DaRT pack:
    Code:
       MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image

####Starting Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image######

Image              : WinRE.wim
        Image Index        : 1

####Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image###############

Version: 10.0.16190.1000

Applying image

Version: 10.0.16190.1000

Applying image

####Finished Integrating Microsoft DaRT 7 Tools to Windows Recovery Image######

12. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #4792 GOD666, Nov 19, 2017
    In 7.7 you use ToolKit-v7.7.cmd -- Start.cmd was not added until 7.8 ;)
    Be also sure to run it as an administrator ;)

Attached Files:

13. lomticksoftoast

lomticksoftoast MDL Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks for letting me know!
    I guess I could have download 7.7 and looked for myself!:rolleyes:
    I'll download 7.7 now and preserve it as a 'known working' copy of MSMG for future LTSB 2016 use

14. daveo76

daveo76 MDL Expert

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm getting this error message
    "Error: 2

Unable to access the image.
    Make sure that the image path and the Windows directory for the image exist and you have Read permissions on the folder.".
    Every time I select "Cleanup the source Image. I'm using it on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update x64 en-GB AIO created from UUP. That error message only happens on first index which is Home Edition. Using toolkit 7.9 and also can't integrate .Net Framework. Toolkit will only integrate it on en-US.

15. Bm.Lava

Bm.Lava MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2013
    I wonder, No one is having permission error bug? The downloaded store apps are getting closed automatically. :(

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The ToolKit serves for Signle and Multi-Index Servicing and the code for all features are like this

Code:
    ===========
    [A] - ABCD
    [B] - EFGH
    [C] - IJKL
    ===========
    Enter the choice :

if Mutli-Index is selected {
        for each index {
            if choice A {
                ---------
                ---------
                ---------
            }

if choice B {
                ---------
                ---------
                ---------
            }

if choice B {
                ---------
                ---------
                ---------
            }
        }
    } else {
        if choice A {
            ---------
            ---------
            ---------
        }

if choice B {
            ---------
            ---------
            ---------
        }

if choice C {
            ---------
            ---------
            ---------
        }
    }

The Code to be run for each menu is with in the loop and get repeated for every combination of menu choice.

If the Code is moved to a separate module then it can be called easily for any combination of menu choice and also the code size will reduce, like I have moved the Component removal code for some components into ToolKitHelper.exe.

When all components are converted to use the ToolKitHelper.exe method the multiple menu choice will be added.

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #4797 MSMG, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    (OP)
    All components will be made to be removed soon including Biometrics and Location, I could have added it in previous version itself but it was only for en-GB and rest will complain and so I did posponed for future versions.

Unlike Pre-RS3 there's no telemetry components left for removing using DISM method and so only component left is Content Delivery Manager in the list.

You need to use Start.cmd which will run the ToolKit.cmd using the NSudo.exe to be runned under Trusted Installer Previlige, if you just Run ToolKit.cmd then registry modification and file/folder deleting will fail.

Windows PDF Reader is not availble as a standalone package/app instead it's removed manually.

Remove Packages using Pkgs List is for people how wish to remove more components not listed in the ToolKit's Remove Componentes Menu.

18. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #4798 MSMG, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    (OP)
    This time using ToolKit v8.0, I'm thoroughly testing each feature of ToolKit for each OS on both W7 and W10 HOST OS and fixing for any issues if found.

Right now W7 x86 Image on W10 HOST has passed without any issues and I'm continuing the test for rest of the OS and architecture too.

Soon All problem will be fixed once for all.

Right now The ToolKitHelper.exe can only be used with W10 RS3 en-GB/en-US Source only and won't work for other OS's.

you can even run the ToolKitHelper.exe from commandline using the command

ToolKitHelper.exe <path_to_offline_image> <componentname>

To get the list of components type

ToolKitHelper.exe <path_to_offline_image>

19. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #4799 MSMG, Nov 19, 2017
    (OP)
    RemovePkgsList.txt feature was added for people who wish to remove more components not listed in the ToolKit's Component Removal menu.

For removing the Package you need to specify it's package name like for removing Connect App the package name is Microsoft-PPIProjection-Package

Also the ToolKit does add/remove some registry keys and removes some folder/files for complete pakage removal when the ToolKit Remove Compoennts menu is used but the same is not done when using the RemovePkgsList.txt feature.

And the below components uses ToolKitHelper method for removal and so it won't work using the RemovePkgsList.txt feature.

Microsoft Xbox Game Callable UI
    Windows People Experience Host
    Windows Defender
    Windows SmartScreen

20. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I had tested the integration with only the first CU and it was working, will test it with current CU.