1. Mvp77

Mvp77 MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2016
    This is what I would like, a total removal; and you can only do it "manually".
    Unfortunately, your tool is designed to be used with Windows 10; and I will try to avoid, as long as possible, to use what I consider a disgusting service pack with serious privacy issues.

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    no MSMG Toolkit works fine also in Windows 8.1 I know because myself already make severals jobs without issues

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RenoZeti

RenoZeti MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2011
    Hi MSMG,

Your tool is great. One question though, does your software support apps integration like Firefox, Flash, and so on? Thank you.

4. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    no.

5. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    MSMG
    no new version ToolKit?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2014
    I know the toolkit doesn't support this directly, but I've been really curious about this too.

What is the correct way to go about adding programs to an iso? Isn't there a mount ISO option in the toolkit to help with this? I know there's a mount registry option too. At what point in the process should it be done?

To add to this question, is it possible to configure preinstalled programs? One of my goals is to have firefox were preinstalled with a few about:config changes, plus uBlock Origin with it's configuration. Are setting changes really something you can only do post install if the ISO is to be hardware agnostic?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Take a look here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...etupcomplete-firstlogon-silent-install.73131/

8. liyin

liyin MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2011
    Tried using MSMG Tookit 8 on Windows 8.1 to create a Windows 10 RS1 ISO and on both ocassions got error:
    "Windows Installation Source folder <DVD> is Empty. Please Copy Installation Source files to <DVD> folder".

Went through Source, Remove, Apply, Build, and Target, but can't create an ISO file.

Folder "\DVD\sources" contains the folder "en-us" and 6 files, including "setup.exe".

The messages are not clear, for Source you need to put the files in the "sources" empty folder in DVD folder, there are files created by the script in the same folder, but get the "empty <DVD>" error, or is it "\DVD\sources"?!!

I only need to remove all components, but three and remove all Metro apps, but four. Probably could use a simpler script that works.

9. zalupavasi

zalupavasi MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2018
    can you install just the packages with this to an existing running OS?

10. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    NO .. you did not read much :rolleyes:

11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Not doing well and so it's getting delayed, will release it very soon.

12. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Get well soon bro. We all appreciate your work and no one is rushing you.

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  14. zalupavasi

zalupavasi MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2018
    well i read enough and couldn't find anything. so how did you install edge then? with new installation of windows?

15. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    integrated into iso with MSMG v7.6
    read other thread again

16. liyin

liyin MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2011
    #5816 liyin, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    "You need to copy the Microsoft Metro Apps files to <Packs\Apps\w81> folder."

Where in the Windows 10 ISO are the Metro Apps I need to copy? What filenames?

17. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    If you go to the first page of this thread, and click on download link for the toolkit (I checked Mega Link) there is a folder called apps. They are in there.

18. liyin

liyin MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2011
  19. liyin

liyin MDL Novice

Dec 30, 2011
    Installed RS1 as host OS and followed the instructions to make a RS1 ISO, reached step O (re-building image) without problems, now what?

Getting same error when trying to use "7 Target > Make a DVD ISO Image":

"Windows Installation Source folder <DVD> is Empty...
    Please Copy Installation Source files to <DVD> folder..."

[A] - Select the Source Images using [Source->Select Source from Source <DVD> Folder] menu.
    [H] - Remove all required Microsoft Default Metro Apps using [Remove->Remove Default Metro Apps] menu.
    - Remove all required Windows Components using [Remove->Remove Windows Components] menu.
    [J] - Remove all required Advanced Windows Components using [Remove->Remove Windows Components->Remove Advanced Windows Components] menu.
    [L] - Cleanup the Source Image using [Apply->Cleanup Source Images] menu.
    [N] - Apply & Save Changes to Source Images using [Apply->Apply & Save Changes to Source Images] menu.
    [O] - Re-Build Source Images using [Apply->Re-Build Source Images] menu.

20. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Does the <DVD> folder contain the extracted ISO? Or just \sources\boot.wim and install.wim? It needs extracted ISO.