1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement is a dependency pack required for SolitaireCollection but not for Store.

The ToolKit installs these dependency files by default for all components along with AdverstingXaml, VC Framework and VC Runtimes

Right now I have tested with Client editions only, need to check for Server.

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes it will take time if there are updates integrated.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    StickyNotes requires Store App to function and In the current version I have put a check to retain the shared files if the store is removed.

Will again test the feature.

4. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    That's normal to show 20% when you are doing the cleanup for the second time.

Using /ResetBase will not completely remove the superseded components for that you need to use the below tweak which will breaks the Reset PC function.

Code:
    Reg add "HKLM\TK_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Configuration" /v "DisableResetbase" /t REG_DWORD /d "0"

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Use v8.8 for W7-W10 RS4 component removal.

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Use /StartComponentCleanup to clean up the superseded components and reduce the size of the component store.

Use /ResetBase to reset the base of superseded components, which can further reduce the component store size.

7. sixor

sixor MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2013

msmsg said some time ago we should remove all crap, then apply win updates, i dont understand

this is what i always do with no issues

APPLY UPDATE
    APPLY CHANGES, REMOUNT SOURCE
    REMOVE ALL CRAP
    APPLY CHANGES
    REMOVE OTHER VERSIONS EDU N ETC
    CREATE ISO

8. jinvidia

jinvidia MDL Member

Aug 7, 2016
    @MSMG Sir, I follow this method for Win10 RS5 LTSC x64 as instructed by your goodself, but while performing "Cleanup source image" step, I get only 20% complete. Is this normal ? Thanks.

(1) Extract ISO to DVD folder
    (2) Select Source Image from DVD folder
    (3) Integrate DirectX 9.0C
    (4) Cleanup the Source Image
    (5) Remove all desired Windows Apps & Components
    (6) Customize
    (7) Cleanup the Source Image
    (8) Integrate Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Feature
    (9) Apply & Save Changes to Source Images
    (10) Re-Build Source Images
    (11) Convert WIM image to ESD image
    (12) Create the ISO

9. epicboy

epicboy MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2019
    Love this! Would have loved for the remove section to allow us to input more than one character at a time, because it is slow and tedious to always get sent back to root. Would have loved to input for example "A,B,D,G....etc"!

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    As long as the message "...successfully..." appears under the bars, it's ok.

And it doesn't perform much after integrating dx9c, that won't superseed any components that can be delta compressed. Just once at the end, is enough, and only when nothing has set the pending flag (in your scenario right before enabling dotnetfx3).

11. ffs_

ffs_ MDL Junior Member

Sep 17, 2016
    Installed OS on 2 computers and forget to do this on both of them. :D Should I do this now anyway, even after I installed and configured a lot of programs already?

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes you can, it will delta compress all superseded components and decrease the footprint of the installed windows. The amount of the decrease in size will be depending on the amount of superseded components.

Run in an elevated cmd:
    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

13. fedewt

fedewt MDL Junior Member

Jan 23, 2011
    I did use toolkit 8.x for win8.1 and work very well.
    I need to use it, suppose ver 9.x, for include updates in windows server 2019, but immediately after chose "source" and indexes toolkit app crash.
    Maybe do not support windows server?

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    That's because of the '(' ')' in the Windows Server Image Name/Description the ToolKit gets terminated.

15. shyamsundarsoni

shyamsundarsoni MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2012
    The command
    Code:
    ........ del /f /q rd /q /s ........
    have 4 occurrences at line no. at 20146, 20160, 20176, 20189 under
    section, are not working as expected because the rd command becoming parameter to del command which tries to delete rd as file and gives could not find ........\rd error if /q parameter is removed.

Do we need to remove all files as well as folder inside
    folder?

16. jinvidia

jinvidia MDL Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Brother, Did you try using version 8.9 for Windows 8.1 ?

17. biatche

biatche MDL Addicted

Nov 14, 2009
    MSMG: ok to use refreshed iso of 1809 now (or in the next version with fixes)? or to use vanilla 1809 still?

18. dziubson

dziubson MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2012
    In the sense that as a base you will be able to use iso in a language other than EN?

The functionality is planned for days or weeks;)?

19. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Question re Microsoft games;
    I am currently trying to resolve an issue where I lose sound on the Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 as provided by WinAero.com
    On a vanilla install (full image untouched by MSMG), the sound works fine. Once I've "de-bloated" the ISO with MSMG and installed I no longer have sound - It only affects these games.
    So I'm guessing something I'm removing might be breaking it... Perhaps Windows Media Player?

Anyway, as I was recreating an image leaving WMP intact so I could test, I noticed that MSMG has support for a Microsoft games pack.

(1). Are these the same games that are on Windows 7... Or are they the updated advertising/telemetry riddled versions?
    (2). MSMG 9.0 doesn't install them (*see below). Is there a way to manually install the games from games.7z

* I am using 9.0 because that was the version I used when I created the image that got installed and resulted in no sound, so I'm trying to keep everything the same except add in WMP to see if that fixes the audio issue. If I use a different version I'm changing too many things at once and if it fixes it I won't know what fixed it... Hope that makes some sort of sense :)

20. cunuhoujabsq

cunuhoujabsq MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2015
    Friends how to add these tweaks using msmg-toolkit ?
    Thank you.
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "ExtendedUIHoverTime"=dword:00050000
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc]
    "MUIVerb"="Windows Firewall"
    "Icon"="FirewallControlPanel.dll,-1800"
    "Extended"=""
    "subcommands"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\01]
    "MUIVerb"="Block incoming"
    "Icon"="FirewallControlPanel.dll,-2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\01\command]
    @="cmd /q /c echo CreateObject(\"Shell.Application\").ShellExecute \"cmd\", \"/q /c chcp 1251 & netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=\"\"%1\"\" dir=in action=block program=\"\"%1\"\" enable=yes | msg * \", \"\", \"runas\" > %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & cscript %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & del %%temp%%\\ev.vbs"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\02]
    "MUIVerb"="Allow incoming"
    "Icon"="comres.dll,-2859"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\02\command]
    @="cmd /q /c echo CreateObject(\"Shell.Application\").ShellExecute \"cmd\", \"/q /c chcp 1251 & netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=\"\"%1\"\" dir=in action=allow program=\"\"%1\"\" enable=yes | msg * \", \"\", \"runas\" > %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & cscript %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & del %%temp%%\\ev.vbs"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\03]
    "Icon"="FirewallControlPanel.dll,-2"
    "MUIVerb"="Block outgoing"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\03\command]
    @="cmd /q /c echo CreateObject(\"Shell.Application\").ShellExecute \"cmd\", \"/q /c chcp 1251 & netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=\"\"%1\"\" dir=out action=block program=\"\"%1\"\" enable=yes | msg * \", \"\", \"runas\" > %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & cscript %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & del %%temp%%\\ev.vbs"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\04]
    "MUIVerb"="Allow outgoing"
    "Icon"="comres.dll,-2859"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\04\command]
    @="cmd /q /c echo CreateObject(\"Shell.Application\").ShellExecute \"cmd\", \"/q /c chcp 1251 & netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=\"\"%1\"\" dir=out action=allow program=\"\"%1\"\" enable=yes | msg * \", \"\", \"runas\" > %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & cscript %%temp%%\\ev.vbs & del %%temp%%\\ev.vbs"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\06]
    "MUIVerb"="Windows Firewall with Advanced Security"
    "Icon"="FirewallControlPanel.dll,-1"
    "CommandFlags"=dword:00000020

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\06\command]
    @="mmc.exe wf.msc"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\07]
    "MUIVerb"="Windows Firewall"
    "Icon"="FirewallControlPanel.dll,-1"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\exefile\shell\FWc\shell\07\command]
    @="control.exe firewall.cpl"