1. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    #9461 Yanta, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    No problems. I tried using DISM /online /remove-package /packagename:<blah> and whilst dism said it worked, the packages were still there.

I can say with reasonable certainty that the Windows Apps that are NOT causing the loss of audio because I removed all of them and audio still worked.

2. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    #9462 Windows 10 User, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
    Ok, but how can I know if it will appear in WU after I install Windows 10 in the host before installing it in order to know if I should integrate it or not?

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Ok, did you tested the games pack with untouched image, is the sound working for Games?

May be some dependent file is getting removed when the components are removed.

4. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes DISM won't fully remove the package.

Better check with System Apps and Advanced Components by removing a set of component and test the OS, if it works then proceed with the next set of components.

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    You need to check once by installing the OS and see if the system requires and then integrate them But if you integrate them for non-required systems too it won't break anything.

6. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Yes. First thing I tried. It works perfect for all games, including the W7 games for W10 from WinAero.
    The trick is to find which file.

7. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Damn it. So my only choice is to do it this way;

1. Extract fresh 17763.1 image
    2. With MSMG install Samsung NVMe drivers
    3. Integrate Win32 Calc, Directx 9.0c
    4. Remove All Windows apps
    5. Remove 1 system app. Once all system apps have been tried, move onto Advanced Components.
    6. Add NetFX3.5
    7. Rebuild image
    8. Install OS, DISM /online /rebuild-image /startcomponentcleanup once and then test.
    9. If it doesn't work, go back to step 1.

Steps 1 - 8 take about 2 hours all up.
    I know I have not listed every step, but that is just for brevity. I am following the readme.txt every time.

I am not integrating updates for reasons of time and just trying to keep it as simple as possible.
    It's also possible one component is not causing the problem. So this get really complex if I get to a point where I have to try every possible combination of two components at a time. I'll cross that bridge if I get to it.

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Why you do all the steps, just

- Mount the Image
    - Integrate Samsung NVMe drivers
    - Integrate DirectX 9.0c
    - Save and Rebuild the Image

Now make a copy of the install.wim to be used as base image for further tests.

- Mount the Image
    - Remove All Windows Apps
    - Install the OS and check with Games Pack, if this works then make this image as the new base image

- Mount the Image
    - Remove first 5 System Apps
    - Install the OS and check with Games Pack
    - If this works then make this image as the new base image, If it fails then discard the image and use the previous base image and remove the first 2-3 components out of the 5 Apps and then do the test again

Repeat the steps for rest of the components in a set of 5 Apps/Components, then you can finish it soon.

9. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Developer

Jul 10, 2014
    "DISM /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup == DISM /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase" - It's correct in Windows 10. Dism++ uses this way to make the cleanup process fast. (Because without resetbase, the OS will use the delta.)
    But I don't think it is a good idea. Because the Microsoft has released some updates which the KB number is same so you may need to install your OS instance. (If you enable the Windows Insider, even the Release Preview.)

Also, I hope you can modify the credit info in the ToolKit.cmd because NSudo is belongs to M2-Team and Dism++CUI is belongs to Chuyu Team. Thanks.

In the end, I want to get suggestions of the future version of NSudo from you.

Mouri

10. meilenstein

meilenstein MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2015
    [/QUOTE]
    16. Install the OS.

17. Run DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup / ResetBase once[/QUOTE]

Hi
    I'm reffering to #9365, and am a bit confused what to do with Nr.17 (Run Dism ..) after installing the OS. Where to start ? Powershell ?, CMD ?, MSMG ?
    Thanks in advance

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #9471 Enthousiast, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Elevated CMD...

12. sixor

sixor MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2013
    16. Install the OS.

17. Run DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / StartComponentCleanup / ResetBase once[/QUOTE]

Hi
    I'm reffering to #9365, and am a bit confused what to do with Nr.17 (Run Dism ..) after installing the OS. Where to start ? Powershell ?, CMD ?, MSMG ?
    Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]
    run cmd

type the thing and enter
    wait

13. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes will update the credits part with the corrections.

NSudo is too good and does the job perfectly, will let you know if I have any suggestions.

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Check whether the downloaded file is unblocked and do specify the Source HOST OS and Language.

15. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
  16. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I have a new found respect for people who test these tools. It's a laborious task.

OK, so all I need to keep in the install.wim. What about Netfx3. Once it's integrated doesn't that break something?

I've narrowed it down to one of the advanced Windows components.

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  18. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    #9480 Windows 10 User, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    If I just want to remove one or two components to know if I'll have problems do I need to go through all those steps (Cleanup Source Images, Component Removal, Cleanup Source Images, Apply & Save Changes to Source Images, Rebuild Source Images and Make a DVD ISO Image) in RS5 (and not only) instead of only following the Component Removal, Apply & Save Changes to Source Images and Make a DVD ISO Image steps (or even following the Cleanup Source Images step before this two and after the Component Removal one) or I might have even more errors or different results? I don't want this process to take so much time when only one component is at stake and I just want to know if I might have errors in a future install after I only follow some of the steps.