1. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks again; very interesting features in 1.03: ie: I hate the Windows apps and the way M$ has made everything install without you're consent or input-like Office 2013-and to add insult to injury made everything unuseable with UAC disabled. I remove the default appx offline, disable UAC, Skydrive, Windows History (I have my own way of backing up/synching) entirely through group policy import, also offline. However, the appx associations are another matter-something I do online-very tedious. I see you have included there removal offline along with xml export; very nice!!!:biggrin:
    As far as my Windows 8.1 with Media Center concern I'll never understand why M$ has made it so difficult to include a purchased/licensed copy in your wim offline. Online, I always get a "something happened" error leading me to believe the download/installation failed. The ehome files are all there though, so, I took a chance and rebooted upon getting the error message. Media Center installs properly...so I don't know-just one big Cluster F**k. Reading some of your posts I understand the activation files have to be backed up and re entered, but, if you change, say, your graphics card the activation breaks-isn't that special!
    I just am unable to figure out defintively, yet why my Media Center integration offline using DISM goes nice and smooth, but, installation will not recognise the wim-"image not found". It must be that the serial number changes-n'est pa'? The default SN is entered in my answer file. Perhaps I should remove that entry and see what happens, or, see if I can extract it after MC integration to see if it has, indeed, changed. Mount the wim go into the mounted registry and compare with unmodified or something.
    Anyways, long post and I digress :eek:

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The ToolKit Integrates the WMC Packages to the WIM Image and then Copies the Generic Windows 8.1 Pro WMC Tokens to the WIM Image, and then Copies the EI.cfg file to the sources folder of Windows 8.1 Pro OS. Then the Toolkit will change the WIM Image Name and Description to "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center", So when you install the OS, on the first boot it will ask for the Media Center Key to proceed further, you can even skip the entry of the CDKey and enter it later.

If you are using a autounattend.xml file, then you need to make the changes under the images section from "Windows 8.1 Pro" to "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" or else it will give the error "Image not found". or even if you are using the wrong cdkey then also it will give the error.

about the activation, yes changes in the hardware will break the activation status, that we can't do anything.

3. M&J

M&J MDL Junior Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Thanks for the program..
    My suggestion for new futures:
    + WIM Manager: you can rename images, delete images, add new ones, rebuild, mount, unmount, etc.
    + CAB: Cab Support when Integrating GA Rollup Updates and Security Updates and Hotfixes
    + All-In-One Disk Creator: This tool let's you combine all your WIM files into one DVD.
    Make AIO of x64 Only, x86 Only etc...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. luke7

luke7 MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi MSMG

Can't open/Extract your 1.03 rar with 7-Zip

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Use WinRAR 5.01

6. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    I do change the images section from "Windows 8.1 Pro" to "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" in the answer file, but, the tokens and EI.cfg import are new to me-that must be my problem. I will research/test further.

7. dante96

dante96 MDL Junior Member

Nov 1, 2013
    it works like a charm now... Thanks!!!

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Hope your Problem is solved now!

9. dante96

Nov 1, 2013
    For mistake when was integrating updates, i closed the window... so i run cleanup and these errors are showed... sorry if i found always problems :(
    View attachment 25947

10. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    Can't get anything to work in 1.03. When I pick something to integrate it says to press any key and bang it just goes bye bye. Had no problems with 1.02.

11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Please be specific about the error, like what it says or provide a screenshot of the error. because it is difficult to know what actually is going wrong.

12. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    @MSMG

Yes, I get all that, but, what you just said;
    , I guess there is my problem. I just cannot get past the image not found fatal error no matter how I configure the answer file. To me though it is unacceptable to loose activation due to any hardware change and my answer file is not negotiable-too many settings etc. automated with it, so, I guess my only option is to keep installing it online-bummer.:(

Thanks, I figured there was no permanent workaround. I'm going to go to M$ forums and do a little s**t disturbing. This is ridiculous when all the files are right there in the sxs folder. This is still one of the best programs I've come across and will use it for other things when you get the custom ADK install location coded in.

13. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I do use my own unattended xml along with ei.cfg file for installation of prowmc os on my systems. can you post the unattended xml your using without the personal data, may be I will try to find out error.

14. RobrPatty

RobrPatty MDL Expert

Jul 23, 2009
    MSMG Toolkit Error

View attachment 25973

When I get to this point under any sinareo I press the space key and the window just disappears.

15. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    #98 RickSteele, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. dante96

Nov 1, 2013
    @MSMG have you read my pm?

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011