1. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    #10081 Windows 10 User, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    I removed those two components so what problems may I have? Which components you recommend us not to remove on Windows 10 1809 x64 non-LTSC images like mine?

2. kandido

kandido MDL Junior Member

Jun 14, 2015
    #10082 kandido, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 正义羊

正义羊 MDL Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    This will be best if the ToolKit has language file like decrypt-multi-release.therefore,my localization work can reduce a lot,not now I make a lot of localization for each version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sonnet

sonnet MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2007
    I'm using a win10 enterprise rs5 ltsc image and I get this series of errors when removing components (and I'm only removing components, not adding or changing anything else).
    Anybody knows how to avoid those errors to come up when removing elements (I'm trying to remove all components)?

5. kandido

Jun 14, 2015
    Try these steps:

17763.1 x64 LTSC (non updated version), add updates (do not run Component Cleanup) and then remove components. At the end run Component Cleanup.
    In my case (it-ita) it does the job with no issues and the installed image seems to work properly

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Using DISM to remove a component will remove more or less required and so it can break other components and also give SFC errors.

I need to update the database for pre-RS5 builds and then I will add the support these OS.

7. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    With my recent tests those components when removed broke the Windows Setup, still need to further test, hope to fix all issues soon.

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    If you are using Start.cmd to run the ToolKit, the error should come and and make sure .NET FX 472 is installed.

9. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Need time to re-work the entire code to adapt to localization.

10. boo123

boo123 MDL Member

Sep 20, 2013
    Have you considered receiving donations / equipment to speed up the process of testing your toolkit? gofund perhaps?

A new m.2 ssd will speed up the work you do for this community. a new cpu will drastically help with the m.2 as well.

11. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    I would fund this 100% myself to be honest @MSMG. I am in a great place and like helping out projects like this.

From my person experience building images I can say with certainty that cores, clock speed, RAM and I/O all matter. Cores in particular can make quick work of certain DISM tasks. Other DISM tasks will only use 1 thread so you can't skimp on clock speed either.

12. ARCIGA

ARCIGA MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    MSMG MDL Developer > My Windows 10.0.18362.1 X64 es-MX > How Can I Uninstall or Remove All These Metro Apps?

3DViewer
    AdvertisingXaml
    Alarms
    BingWeather
    Calculator
    Camera
    CommunicationsApps
    DesktopAppInstaller
    FeedbackHub
    GetHelp
    Getstarted
    HEIFImageExtension
    Maps
    Messaging
    MixedRealityPortal
    OfficeHub
    OfficeOneNote
    OneConnect
    Paint3D
    People
    Photos
    Print3D
    ScreenSketch
    SkypeApp
    SolitaireCollection
    SoundRecorder
    StickyNotes
    VP9VideoExtensions
    WalletService
    WebMediaExtensions
    WebpImageExtensions
    YourPhone
    ZuneMusic
    ZuneVideo

13. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018

In MSMG directory, go into the Packs folder, then edit the RemovePkgsList.txt and enter these entries.

Microsoft.3DBuilder
    Microsoft.Appconnector
    Microsoft.BingFinance
    Microsoft.BingNews
    Microsoft.BingSports
    Microsoft.BingWeather
    Microsoft.CommsPhone
    Microsoft.ConnectivityStore
    Microsoft.GetHelp
    Microsoft.Getstarted
    Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension
    Microsoft.Messaging
    Microsoft.Microsoft3DViewer
    Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub
    Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection
    Microsoft.MixedReality.Portal
    Microsoft.Office.OneNote
    Microsoft.Office.Sway
    Microsoft.OneConnect
    Microsoft.People
    Microsoft.Print3D
    Microsoft.ScreenSketch
    Microsoft.SkypeApp
    Microsoft.VP9VideoExtensions
    Microsoft.Wallet
    Microsoft.WebMediaExtensions
    Microsoft.WebpImageExtension
    Microsoft.Windows.Photos
    Microsoft.WindowsAlarms
    Microsoft.WindowsCamera
    microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps
    Microsoft.WindowsFeedbackHub
    Microsoft.WindowsMaps
    Microsoft.WindowsPhone
    Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder
    Microsoft.Xbox.TCUI
    Microsoft.XboxApp
    Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay
    Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay
    Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider
    Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay
    Microsoft.YourPhone
    Microsoft.ZuneMusic
    Microsoft.ZuneVideo
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge

Now just use MSMG toolkit to clean windows components by package list. Also, don't forget to suppress the error messages from the options.

14. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    It's my first time using MSMG and trying to debloat and customize a windows iso, have come into this problem though where image cleanup doesn't work for me.
    Steps which I followed was to mount sources from dvd folder, then cleaned up metro apps and windows components, applied some default tweaks which came with MSMG, then saved the image from the apply menu. Everything went fine but when I went to cleanup a win image index, ran into the error 0x800f0806 "This operation could not be completed due to pending operations.

Although the remaining two options Cleanup Image with Checkhealth and Cleanup Image with Scanhealth run fine. What am I doing wrong, I already saved the image. I also made some changes to the name/description of the image indexes and removed the entries which I didn't need, but I've already saved my progress. What pending operations there could be?

15. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    It doesn't hurt to read a bit, this has been asked before and answered. If you had integrated .net framework 3.5, it will set the pending flag.
    If you did not integrate .net 3.5, then maybe something else set the pending flag.

Cheers.

16. Windows 10 User

Windows 10 User MDL Expert

Feb 2, 2017
    Is it possible to also remove with one click Map Control, OneDrive, Quick Assist, Retail Demo Content, Setting Sync, Skype ORTC, CEIP_SQM, Face Recognition, First Logon Animation, Game Explorer, Internet Explorer, Location Service, SmartScreen, Unified Telemetry Client, Windows Error Reporting and Windows Mixed Reality?

17. kandido

Jun 14, 2015
    #10098 kandido, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    MSMG,
    It looks like Mixed Reality is being reinstalled by CU:

- 17763.1 LTSC 64 ITA succesfully removed components with Toolkit
    - added SSU 402 and CU 437
    - re-run Toolkit's removal and all components are seen as "already removed" except Mixed Reality (which is succesfully removed again)

Thank You

18. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    Yeah, sorry, I didn't read much of the forum since it's quite big. But anyways, I did integrate .net framework 3.5 and thanks for telling me about it. Kudos I'll try it in a bit and give my results.

The link I posted is from the template files I got from MSMG, although somehow when I ran it it gave me "This package has been removed already." message. I think the package names must have been changed in the April build or is different in the LTSC version so can't say. But yes if it works for you, it should remove all those apps you mentioned.

MSMG, can I use dism commands from the toolkit or after mounting the wim images? I wanted to see if the packages are really removed or not and would try to remove them manually if they aren't getting removed with the list I provided.

19. RaXorX

RaXorX MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2018
    @Supern00b Thanks, that worked great. Just tried it out and it works.
    @MSMG I got some questions, sorry for not reading the thread before hand. But I was thinking of implementing something just like Dell's Support Assist.
    In a fresh newly bought dell laptop, there's a partition which is meant for dell support assist. I was wondering to do something like that but instead implement a winpe to it instead which would act like support partition in case of system failure. Is it possible to achieve this? If so how, shall I remove the windows original recovery partition?

My idea was to leave that one alone and instead create a new partition and a recovery image which will automatically be loaded to it and a new entry to boot to it would be made.