MSMG ToolKit

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by MSMG, Nov 21, 2013.

1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    NETFX35 integration : Yes
    Remove Default Inbox Apps : Yes
    Remove Edge, Cortana and Defender : No not yet added

2. robymetallaro

robymetallaro MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2016
  3. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Can this command be inserted into the ISO via ToolKit?
    Thank you

4. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Good morning
    I apologize for the clarification question.
    The "RemovePkgsList" file already contains default commands:
    ToolKitHelper: AssignedAccess
    ToolKitHelper: CEIP_SQM
    ToolKitHelper: FaceRecognition

Do I just have to add the ones you recommended?
    ToolKitHelper: Windows Store
    ToolKitHelper: XboxApp
    ToolKitHelper: XboxIdentityProvider

Thank you very much

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    By default RemovePkgsList.txt file is empty as it is left to the user to fill and the content template to be filled is present in RemovePkgsList_Template.txt file.

If you had earlier added any entries to the RemovePkgsList.txt file then remove those entries and add the below lines to it

ToolKitHelper:Windows Store
    ToolKitHelper:XboxApp
    ToolKitHelper:XboxIdentityProvider

6. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Thank you for the confirmation

7. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    deleted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. suupercoolstorybro

suupercoolstorybro MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    Is that even possible to do? It seems like a struggle.

9. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Member

May 15, 2016
    There might be some way, but I don't know the method or even if the method might even be approved of.

I know the commands give me no problems, either on new or existing installs.

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes it's possible but takes more time since it needs to fix each bit of component files/folders/keys values so that CU will skip updating the component removed.

I'm working on that and will update soon with the progress.

11. suupercoolstorybro

suupercoolstorybro MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    Well, that's still a nuisance all right. Thank you for your work.

12. mhussain

mhussain MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2012
    hi there,
    I would like to thank you for your hard work that you put in to this toolkit!
    would you advise I stay on modded 1809 windows build untill fixes or work arounds are put inplace for 1903?
    chow,
    Majid

13. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    This was my plan, I have no problem with 1809 so plan to stick with it as long as I can.

So this is the secret to not having to manually figure out what to remove each time, is there a way to manually generate a list that we can then edit and keep for future builds? What other files should we be transferring from build to build to keep our configuration consistent? I can never remember what I removed and what I kept, I just know it took a few tries to get it perfect like it is.

14. Shitagi

Shitagi MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2012
    Would it be possible to add the option to add multiple entries when using the WIM Manager i.e removing 2-10 instead of having to remove each entry manually? I'm mainly interested in keeping Home+Pro and nothing else for example.

15. nenuco2020

nenuco2020 MDL Novice

May 22, 2019
    Hello, When remove the apps, and install Windows 10 1903, install adobe reader from internet,install Chrome, install office 2019, the versiĆ³n 32 bits, the software crash with errors oxc00005 in office, adobe close repently, and Chrome crash with the same error, and IE not run, please tell me what im doing wrong?

the iso that i talk is compilation 1903 18362.30 from M$

thanks in advance.

16. x33st0rm

x33st0rm MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2016
    Really great tool, haven't had much luck in the past with these things, but this actually worked first try.

I do however have some errors/warnings in event viewer, and was wondering if there's anything to it but the log just detecting missing stuff.
    Or if it's causing any stability/usage/prereq issues, to remove all the windows bundleware?
    I don't want any of it, just a blank windows without any M$ bulls**t hurdles.

Also, might it be possible to select ranges, or all-but, when removing various editions? Only have an Edu key, so all i need.

17. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Good morning
    I apologize if I ask a trivial question and for my non-perfect English (use Google translate)
    Currently I am using on the home PC W10 v1809, the operating system has been installed with ISO modified through MSMG Toolkit (similar LTSC) without Edge, Store, Onedrive Etcc.
    Whenever the update notice comes through Windows Update to the 1903 version, this version re-installs the deleted components via the MSMG Toolkit.
    In this regard I ask if there is a tool that can eliminate the components restored during the update, via Windows Update.
    Thank you

18. InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2014