1. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Thank you for the confirmation

2. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    deleted

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. suupercoolstorybro

suupercoolstorybro MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    Is that even possible to do? It seems like a struggle.

4. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    There might be some way, but I don't know the method or even if the method might even be approved of.

I know the commands give me no problems, either on new or existing installs.

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes it's possible but takes more time since it needs to fix each bit of component files/folders/keys values so that CU will skip updating the component removed.

I'm working on that and will update soon with the progress.

6. suupercoolstorybro

suupercoolstorybro MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2015
    Well, that's still a nuisance all right. Thank you for your work.

7. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    hi there,
    I would like to thank you for your hard work that you put in to this toolkit!
    would you advise I stay on modded 1809 windows build untill fixes or work arounds are put inplace for 1903?
    chow,
    Majid

8. Soapm

Soapm MDL Novice

Mar 23, 2013
    This was my plan, I have no problem with 1809 so plan to stick with it as long as I can.

So this is the secret to not having to manually figure out what to remove each time, is there a way to manually generate a list that we can then edit and keep for future builds? What other files should we be transferring from build to build to keep our configuration consistent? I can never remember what I removed and what I kept, I just know it took a few tries to get it perfect like it is.

9. Robotnik247

Robotnik247 MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Would it be possible to add the option to add multiple entries when using the WIM Manager i.e removing 2-10 instead of having to remove each entry manually? I'm mainly interested in keeping Home+Pro and nothing else for example.

10. nenuco2020

nenuco2020 MDL Novice

May 22, 2019
    Hello, When remove the apps, and install Windows 10 1903, install adobe reader from internet,install Chrome, install office 2019, the versiĆ³n 32 bits, the software crash with errors oxc00005 in office, adobe close repently, and Chrome crash with the same error, and IE not run, please tell me what im doing wrong?

the iso that i talk is compilation 1903 18362.30 from M$

thanks in advance.

11. x33st0rm

x33st0rm MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2016
    Really great tool, haven't had much luck in the past with these things, but this actually worked first try.

I do however have some errors/warnings in event viewer, and was wondering if there's anything to it but the log just detecting missing stuff.
    Or if it's causing any stability/usage/prereq issues, to remove all the windows bundleware?
    I don't want any of it, just a blank windows without any M$ bulls**t hurdles.

Also, might it be possible to select ranges, or all-but, when removing various editions? Only have an Edu key, so all i need.

12. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Good morning
    I apologize if I ask a trivial question and for my non-perfect English (use Google translate)
    Currently I am using on the home PC W10 v1809, the operating system has been installed with ISO modified through MSMG Toolkit (similar LTSC) without Edge, Store, Onedrive Etcc.
    Whenever the update notice comes through Windows Update to the 1903 version, this version re-installs the deleted components via the MSMG Toolkit.
    In this regard I ask if there is a tool that can eliminate the components restored during the update, via Windows Update.
    Thank you

13. Supern00b

Supern00b MDL Addicted

Dec 30, 2010
    That was for me the reason to go with LTSC.
    But some may want to have the latest and greatest, in that case you can opt for a reinstall from a previous modified image each six months (not my cup of tea).
    MSMG's toolkit is not always ready when a new windows versions comes out, so maybe anual install with a modified image?

Another solution may be to update manually from a pre-modified image instead of letting WU update the system.
    At least it gives you more control. But again, an updated toolkit would be needed.

If you don't care about FU just disable them with the reg entries posted. You'll still get the CU's but not the feature updates.

Cheers.

14. Laszlo

Laszlo MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2009
  15. AsaadSoft

AsaadSoft MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2015
    Net Framework 4.8 didn't show up in "turn windows features on or off" in control panel,
    it shows only Net Framework 4.7
    the ISO used was 17763.1
    and integrated NetFX48-Package~amd64~10.0.16299.15 from Toolkit\Packs\NetFX48
    using toolkit menu 3 3 A

16. opiumaddict

opiumaddict MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2019
    #11399 opiumaddict, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    Getting the following error messages when trying to select source from <DVD> folder.
    ===============================================================================
    MSMG ToolKit - Select Source from <DVD> folder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ####Selecting Source Images####################################################
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    'C:\Users\<User>\Downloads\Windows' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Reading Image Information...

'C:\Users\<User>\Downloads\Windows' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\<User>\Downloads\Windows

=============================================================================== 10 LTSC\ToolKit_v9.3.2\Temp\ImageInfo.txt
    | Index | Arch | Name 10 LTSC\ToolKit_v9.3.2\Temp\ImageInfo.txt
    =============================================================================== 10 LTSC\ToolKit_v9.3.2\Temp\ImageInfo.txt
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    Error occurred while processing: 10.
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Enter the Image Index's # [Range : 1-, * - All] :

I'm running Windows 10 LTSB 2016 and i'm running the tool as administrator.

EDIT: Nvm, was due to the spaces in the directory name.

17. InstantAli3n

InstantAli3n MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Yea best to keep the toolkit folder in C: