1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The order is ok, only one small change in the latest version :

2.- Windows Updates from WHD with SP2 (aka Convenience Rollup option)

1. WHD Internet Explorer 11 Updates
    2. WHD WAT update from Additional updates
    3. WHD General updates (Convenience Rollup Update)
    4. WHD Security updates
    5. WHD Hotfix updates

2. cazandobits

cazandobits MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    I've two little problems:
    First with WMF beacause the version it integrates its the 5.0, not 5.1 as menu option says. I think I need some files of the new version (wmf5.1) but idk where I can find them and in wich folder I've to to put them on the MSGM Toolkit 6.4.

The second problem I have it about the WHD Internet Explorer 11 Updates:

hxxps://snag.gy/GUzSIB.jpg

The only file inside ToolKit-v6.4\Packs\WHD\w7\x86\Additional\_IE11\Updates folder is IE11-Windows6.1-KB3210694-x86.msu downloaded by WHD.

I've to say I'm using an updated Windows 10 Pro Host (x64) and the image I want to deploy is Win7SP1 Ultimate x86.

Again... THANKS!!!!!

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Actually I had updated the script to integrate the WMF 5.1 in the previous version but as per MS instruction the WMF 5.1 didn't get integrated and I think it's the same problem the WMF 5.0 which required WMF 3 to be integrated.

But MS as specified not to integrate WMF 3 and so I removed the code and restored with the old one but forgot to update the same in Menu.

Need to further test with this WMF 5.1 so until then install it manually after the OS installation

And regarding IE11 Updates, there will be only one update in <_IE11\Updates> folder and this will be a cumulative update.

4. cazandobits

cazandobits MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    And why MSGM does't install the update I've in the update folder for IE11?

And for WMF 5.1, the best way I think could be do not integrate anything of WMF from MSGM-TK, stay with the old WINSP1 WMF which come built in windows (powershell 2.0 i think) and when OS is intalled, install 5.1 manually.

5. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    @MSMG

It seems I have a problem to get a "small sized" ISO file when removing Windows components or apps using Toolkit v6.4
    ex: Yesterday I try 3 times to integrate January updates (3) into an w10 LTSB 2016 version August 2016.
    All process went well, but at the end I have an ISO file too big , near 5 GB.

With the 6.3 version, same job I got a 3,66xx GB Iso file. It's seems to me that the rebuild of the Wim file does nothing into V6.4 version. ? I can be completely wrong.

My test : I took that too big Iso file made with V6.4.

I decompress the iso into the DVD folder of the Toolkit v6.3 and managed the same way I have done with the v6.4.
    Of course I got messages "The Package Might Have Been Removed Already Or It Doesn't Exists" several times."
    At the end I remove just system restore (was not) and after Apply, then Rebuild Wim files.
    Target > make ISO = 3,86 GB only starting with nearly 5GB.

I cannot understand where I made a mistake with 6.4 ?
    I use Toolkit since V.3.2 version and have made a lot of Iso...
    I make an iso

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mnguyen

mnguyen MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2011
    #1186 mnguyen, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Toolkits 6.4

I have errors when I want to remove apps and I can not figure out why. Do you have an idea

thank you

Windows 10 Pro VL update janv 2017
    SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_10_1607.1_64BIT_French_MLF_X21-27069.ISO

Work With old version
    fr_windows_10_multiple_editions_version_1607_updated_jul_2016_x64_dvd_9053866.iso
    SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_10_1607_64BIT_French_MLF_X21-06989.ISO

7. kgbab

kgbab MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2010
    #1187 kgbab, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I found this information for the WMF 5.1 and Windows 7 on the site of Microsoft:
    (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/wmf/5.1/install-configure)

Install and Configure WMF 5.1

Download and install the WMF 5.1 package

Download the WMF 5.1 package for the operating system and architecture you wish to install it on:

Operating System Prerequisites Package Links

Windows Server 2012 R2 Win8.1AndW2K12R2-KB3191564-x64.msu
    Windows Server 2012 W2K12-KB3191565-x64.msu
    Windows Server 2008 R2 .NET Framework 4.5 x64:Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.ZIP
    x86:Win7-KB3191566-x86.ZIP
    Windows 8.1 x64:Win8.1AndW2K12R2-KB3191564-x64.msu
    x86:Win8.1-KB3191564-x86.msu
    Windows 7 SP1 .NET Framework 4.5 x64:Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.ZIP
    x86:Win7-KB3191566-x86.ZIP

Install WMF 5.1 for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Installation instructions for Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7 have changed, and differ from the instructions for the other packages. Installation instructions for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 8.1 are below.

Installing WMF 5.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Navigate to the folder into which you downloaded the ZIP file.

2.Right-click on the ZIP file, and select "Extract All...". The Zip contains 2 files: an MSU and the Install-WMF5.1.PS1 script file. Once you have unpacked the ZIP file, you can copy the contents to any machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.

3.After extracting the ZIP file contents, open PowerShell as administrator, then navigate to the folder containing the
    contents of the ZIP file.

4.Run the Install-Wmf5.1.ps1 script in that folder, and follow the instructions. This script will check the prerequisites on the local machine, and install WMF 5.1 if the prerequisites have been met. The prerequisites are listed below.

Install-WMF5.1.ps1 takes the following parameters to ease automating the installation on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7:
    •AcceptEula: When this parameter is included, the EULA is automatically accepted and will not be displayed.
    •AllowRestart: This parameter can only be used if AcceptEula is specified. If this parameter is included, and a restart is required after installing WMF 5.1, the restart will happen without prompting immediately after the installation is completed.

WMF 5.1 Prerequisites for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Windows 7 SP1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation of WMF 5.1 on either Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows 7 SP1, requires the following:

•Latest service pack must be installed.

•WMF 3.0 must not be installed. Installing WMF 5.1 over WMF 3.0 will result in the loss of the PSModulePath, which can cause other applications to fail. Before installing WMF 5.1, you must either un-install WMF 3.0, or save the PSModulePath and then restore it manually after WMF 5.1 installation is complete.

•WMF 5.1 requires .NET Framework 4.5 You can install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 by following the instructions at the download location.

WinRM Dependency
    ----------------------

Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) depends on WinRM. WinRM is not enabled by default on Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. Run Set-WSManQuickConfig, in a Windows PowerShell elevated session, to enable WinRM.

Install WMF 5.1 for Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 8.1

Install from Windows Explorer (or File Explorer in Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1)

1.Navigate to the folder into which you downloaded the MSU file.

2.Double-click the MSU to run it.

Installing from the Command Prompt

1.After downloading the correct package for your computer's architecture, open a Command Prompt window with elevated user rights (Run as Administrator). On the Server Core installation options of Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Command Prompt opens with elevated user rights by default.

2.Change directories to the folder into which you have downloaded or copied the WMF 5.1 installation package.

3.Run one of the following commands:
    ◦On computers that are running Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows 8.1 x64, run Win8.1AndW2K12R2-KB3191564-x64.msu /quiet.
    ◦On computers that are running Windows Server 2012, run W2K12-KB3191565-x64.msu /quiet.
    ◦On computers that are running Windows 8.1 x86, run Win8.1-KB3191564-x86.msu /quiet.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #1188 Enthousiast, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I did a test with the same options, integrate sstack, Flash and CU catalog.jan:

Code:
    ===============================================================================
                    MSMG ToolKit - Select Source from <DVD> Folder

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ####Selecting Source WIM Images################################################

Listing Available WIM Image Indexes for Servicing...

| WIM Index | WIM Arch | WIM Image Index Name
    |     1     |   x64    | Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Enter the WIM Image Index # : 1

####Selected Source WIM Image Information######################################

WIM Image                    :  Install.wim
        WIM Image Index No           :  1
        WIM Image Name               :  Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
        WIM Image Description        :  Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
        WIM Image Architecture       :  x64
        WIM Image Version            :  10.0.14393
        WIM Image Service Pack Build :  0
        WIM Image Edition            :  EnterpriseS
        WIM Image Install Type       :  Client
        WIM Image Default Language   :  en-US

####Mounting Source WIM Images#################################################

Mounting [Boot.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image at <\Mount\Boot\1>...

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.14986.1000

Mounting image
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    The operation completed successfully.

Mounting [Boot.wim, Index : 2] WIM Image at <\Mount\Boot\2>...

Mounting image

Mounting [Install.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image at <\Mount\Install>...

Mounting image

Mounting [WinRE.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image at <\Mount\WinRE>...

Mounting image

####Finished Selecting & Mounting Source WIM Images############################

Press any key to continue . . .
    Code:
                       MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Windows Updates

####Starting Integrating Windows Updates#######################################

Source WIM Image        : Install.wim
    Source WIM Index        : 1
    Source WIM Architecture : x64
    Source WIM Build        : 10.0.14393.0

####Processing Windows Updates Packages########################################

Creating Windows Updates Packages Temporary Folder...

Extracting .CAB Package Files to Temporary Folder...

Finished Extracting .CAB Package Files to Temporary Folder...

####Integrating Windows Updates################################################

Image Version: 10.0.14393.0

Processing 1 of 3 - Adding package Package_for_KB3211320~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.1
    Processing 2 of 3 - Adding package Package_for_KB3214628~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.0
    Processing 3 of 3 - Adding package Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~14393.726.1.4

####Generating Windows Updates Integration LOG Files###########################

Writing Windows Updates Integration Log File...

####Cleaning Up Temporary Files & Folders######################################

Cleaning Up Windows Updates Temporary Folder...

####Finished Integrating Windows Updates#######################################

/Resetbase + Unmount /commit

Wim size:
    Code:
    4.35 GB (4,674,557,308 bytes)
    Code:
                          MSMG ToolKit - Re-Build Source

####Starting Re-Building Source WIM Images#####################################

Re-Building Source [Boot.wim] WIM Image with Maximum Compression...

---------------------------------[Index : 1]-----------------------------------

Exporting image

---------------------------------[Index : 2]-----------------------------------

Exporting image

Re-Building Source [Install.wim] WIM Image with Maximum Compression...

Exporting image

####Finished Re-Building Source WIM Images#####################################

Wim size:
    Code:
    3.16 GB (3,397,360,808 bytes)
    ISO creation:
    Code:
                         MSMG ToolKit - Make a DVD ISO Image

####Starting Building a DVD ISO Image##########################################

####Getting DVD ISO Image Details##############################################

Enter the ISO Volume Label : MDL-2016_LTSB

Enter the ISO File Name : MDL-2016_LTSB

####Building a DVD ISO Image###################################################

OSCDIMG 2.56 CD-ROM and DVD-ROM Premastering Utility
    Copyright (C) Microsoft, 1993-2012. All rights reserved.
    Licensed only for producing Microsoft authorized content.

Scanning source tree (500 files in 13 directories)
    Scanning source tree complete (987 files in 97 directories)

Computing directory information complete

Image file is 3936059392 bytes (before optimization)

Writing 987 files in 97 directories to D:\MSMG6_4\MSMG\ToolKit-v6.4\ISO\MDL-2016_LTSB.iso

100% complete

Storage optimization saved 11 files, 667648 bytes (0% of image)

After optimization, image file is 3937603584 bytes
    Space saved because of embedding, sparseness or optimization = 667648

Done.

####Finished Building a DVD ISO Image##########################################

ISO size:
    Code:
    3.66 GB (3,937,603,584 bytes)

9. cazandobits

cazandobits MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    @kgbab , @MSMG

About WMF5.1 on Win7SP1: I installed it manually when the windows install was finished, from the desktop. I didn't add any WMF component from MSMG-TK, so when the OS boots first time still have the WMF2.0 bundled with the SP1 and then was Updated to WMF5.1 manually. I used the NetFX462 integrated of the MSMG-TK instead of 4.5 as say MS documentation. I see if the problem of loosing the PSModulePath system variable still here (as reffered in the MS doc msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/wmf/5.1/install-configure ), but the var is OK after the WMF5.1 installation, before and after this variable has the value:
    %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\;%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
    So I think to integrate it we don't need integrate previous WMF.

I still having problems to integrate the lastest WHDownloader cumulative update of IE11 (the one in folder Additional\_IE11\Updates) labeled as IE11-Windows6.1-KB3210694-x86.msu . Simply the MSMG-TK gives me error 87 when try to integrate the IE11 Updates (idk WHY). - Screenshot: snag.gy/GUzSIB.jpg

Other little trouble I have is the integration of Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) from WHD Extras, MSMG-TK says:
    Remote Server Administration Tools Requires Professional/Enterprise Editions
    But Is a Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate and according MS RSAT Download page ( microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7887 ) it works as showed if you click on System Requeriments on that page:
    This software can be installed ONLY on computers that are running the Enterprise, Professional, or Ultimate editions of Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1
    I Installed it manually when the Windows Install finish the process, from the MSU Windows6.1-KB958830-x86-RefreshPkg.msu and it works but Idk if this way is a safe way to install it beacause in the WHD info txt (ConvenienceRollupKB3125574-Info.txt) says:
    If you intend to install any of the following feature packages, install them *first* (before KB3125574)so the rollup can install their updated components afterwards:RDP, WMF4, DCA2.0, AD LDS, RSAT, VirtualPC, WorkFolders, Server Essentials Connector

Thanks to all for your replies!!! :)

10. YamazakiRobert

YamazakiRobert MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2013
    hi i like to know how i use this new version with wdhdownloader, the previous versions use the same structure but not this one
    thanks in advance

11. Bluescreen

Jul 16, 2009
    #1192 Bluescreen, Jan 29, 2017
    Thank you Enthousiast to take time for helping me.

The problem I must have, is "What I have missed" ??? I think I did not forgot to say I have removed some stuff after integrating CU + Stack update + Flash.
    After resetbase + remount I got almost the same size than your. Then after the size won't decrease with v6.4.

I am a little bit lost with new menus, the PDF has not been updated since April 2016. Maybe I forgot to use a menu command at this point..
    (Sorry I am a 74 years old man retired, with bad eyes.... ) :eek:
    I was better with Intel 8088 and assembly.. in 1984...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #1193 Enthousiast, Jan 29, 2017
    Removing stuff won't really decrease the final size of the iso/install.wim (what exactly did you remove?).

You could convert the install.wim to install.esd to decrease the iso size significantly, that option is also available in the MSMG toolkit.

Test removed stuff:

Code:
                      MSMG ToolKit - Removing Windows Components

####Starting Removing Windows Components#######################################

Source WIM Image        : Install.wim
    Source WIM Index        : 1
    Source WIM Architecture : x64
    Source WIM Build        : 10.0.14393.0

####Removing Windows Components################################################

Removing Microsoft Biometrics Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Biometrics-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Biometrics WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Biometrics-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Biometrics FingerPrint Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Biometrics-Fingerprint-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Biometrics Face Recognition Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Biometrics-FaceRecognition-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Media Face Analysis Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Media-FaceAnalysis-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Media Face Analysis WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Media-FaceAnalysis-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Maps Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Maps-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Maps Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Maps-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft OneDrive Desktop Client Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-OneDrive-Setup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Telemetry Client Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-TroubleShooting-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Telemetry Client WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-TroubleShooting-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Allow Reduced Telemetry Mode Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-AllowTelemetry-Reduced-Default-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Skype Video App Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Skype-ORTC-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Xbox Game Callable UI Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Xbox-GameCallableUI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming UI Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-UI-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming UI WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-UI-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming Storage Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-Storage-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming Storage WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-Storage-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming Preview Enumeration Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-Preview-GamesEnumeration-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Gaming Preview Enumeration WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-Gaming-Preview-GamesEnumeration-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Windows Content Delivery Manager Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-ContentDeliveryManager-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Cortana Components Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-CortanaComponents-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Cortana Components WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-OneCore-CortanaComponents-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Cortana App Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Cortana-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Cortana App PAL Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Cortana-PAL-Desktop-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Search App Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Search2-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Search App WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Search2-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Windows Embedded Experience Client Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Client-EmbeddedExp-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Windows Embedded Shell Launcher Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Embedded-ShellLauncher-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Geo Location Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Geo Location WOW64 Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WOW64-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows HomeGroup Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-Shell-HomeGroup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

Removing Microsoft Windows Parental Controls Package from WIM Image...

Processing 1 of 1 - Removing package Microsoft-Windows-ParentalControls-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0

####Finished Removing Windows Components#######################################

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
                              MSMG ToolKit - Apply Source

####Starting Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source WIM Images##################

Performing [Boot.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image Component Cleanup with ResetBase

[===========                20.0%                          ]

Performing [Boot.wim, Index : 2] WIM Image Component Cleanup with ResetBase

Performing [Install.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image Component Cleanup with ResetBase

Performing [WinRe.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image Component Cleanup with ResetBase

Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source [Boot.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image...

Image File : D:\MSMG6_4\MSMG\ToolKit-v6.4\DVD\sources\boot.wim
    Image Index : 1
    Saving image
    Unmounting image

Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source [Boot.wim, Index : 2] WIM Image...

Image File : D:\MSMG6_4\MSMG\ToolKit-v6.4\DVD\sources\boot.wim
    Image Index : 2
    Saving image
    Unmounting image

Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source [WinRE.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image...

Image File : D:\MSMG6_4\MSMG\ToolKit-v6.4\Mount\Install\Windows\System32\Recovery\winre.wim
    Saving image
    Unmounting image

Re-Building Source [WinRE.wim] WIM Image with Maximum Compression...

Exporting image

Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source [Install.wim, Index : 1] WIM Image...

Image File : D:\MSMG6_4\MSMG\ToolKit-v6.4\DVD\sources\install.wim
    Saving image
    Unmounting image

####Finished Applying Changes & Un-Mounting Source WIM Images##################

Install.wim:
    Code:
    3.03 GB (3,262,591,546 bytes)
    ISO size:
    Code:
    3.54 GB (3,803,228,160 bytes)
    (not really much difference in size, 100-150MB or so)

ISO with install.esd:
    Code:
    2.80 GB (3,013,234,688 bytes)

13. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Have you integrated .NET 3.5?

In version 6.3 the Toolkit does the resetbase soon after integrating the updates.
    In version 6.4 it does the resetbase only when in the apply menu (Apply Changes).
    If you integrated .NET 3.5 even after integrating the updates the resetbase in install.wim will not be performed.

14. cazandobits

cazandobits MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    #1195 cazandobits, Jan 29, 2017
    FIX for IE11 WHD Update, Fix for WHD RSAT and Fix WMF5.1' (Win7)

@MSMG

FIRST: EVERYTHING OF THIS MESSAGE IS FOR WINDOWS 7 SP1 ULTIMATE IDK IF WILL WORK FOR OTHER EDITIONS and MSMG-ToolKit v6.4

I was able to figure out how make a little modification of the ToolKit v6.4 batch code to make the WHD RSAT and WHD IE11 last cumulative update ( IE11-Windows6.1-KB3210694-x86.msu ) integration working for Win7SP1 Ultimate. The lines are:

• The Fix for WHD RSAT for Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate
    Line 12509 Original:
    Code:
    if not "%WimIndexEdition%"=="Professional" if not "%WimIndexEdition%"=="Enterprise" (

Line 12509 Mod:

Code:
    if not "%WimIndexEdition%"=="Professional" if not "%WimIndexEdition%"=="Enterprise" if not "%WimIndexEdition%"=="Ultimate" (
    Line 13563 Original:
    Code:
    for /d %%j in (Professional, Enterprise) do (

Line
    13563 Mod:
    Code:
    for /d %%j in (Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate) do (

• The problem with the IE11 WHD Update was the internal .cab file of the .msu file starts with IE11* not with Win*
    Line 12782 Original:
    Code:
    if exist "%Updates%\Additional\_IE11\Updates\*%WimIndexArch%*.msu" expand "%Updates%\Additional\_IE11\Updates\*.msu" -F:Win*.cab "%TMP%\Updates\%UpdateType%" >nul

Line
    12782 Mod:
    Code:
    if exist "%Updates%\Additional\_IE11\Updates\*%WimIndexArch%*.msu" expand "%Updates%\Additional\_IE11\Updates\*.msu" -F:IE11*.cab "%TMP%\Updates\%UpdateType%" >nul
    WMF 5.1

According to the Windows PowerShell Blog ( blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2017/01/19/windows-management-framework-wmf-5-1-released/ ) WMF5.1 they have removed the requirement for pre-installing WMF4 on Windows 7 and here they say too if WMF3 is installed then WMF5.1 Can't be installed, so I think this makes the things easier for us: We don't need install any WMF3/4/5 on Win7SP1, just update from WMF2.0 version bundled with SP1 directly to WMF5.1. The only requirement is the need of NetFX4.5 or upper (MSMG comes with 4.6.2 and works with it). You can check this too if you take a look into the code of PowerShell script in the .zip of the WMF5.1 (x86 or x64) wich comes with the WMF5.1 .msu file labeled as Install-WMF5.1.ps1, in this script they only check the windows version and NetFX45 or above and WMF3.0 is not installed to start the installation of the WMF5.1. Even you can check the .cab files inside de .msu files and if you mix them (x86 and x64 .cabs) you will see this list of files:

• Windows6.1-KB2809215-x64.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB2872035-x64.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB2872035-x86.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB2872047-x64.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB2872047-x86.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB3033929-x86.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB3191566-x64.cab
    • Windows6.1-KB3191566-x86.cab

The correct order to install is (based on the PkgInstalOrder.txt from the .msu file of WMF51 and following the style of InstallOrder.txt of MSMG-TK Packs/WMF/w7 folder):

Code:
    [CABInstallOrder]
    KB2809215 x64 WMF4 (Prerequiste)
    KB2872035 WMF4 (Prerequiste)
    KB2872047 WMF4 (Prerequiste) (Client)
    KB3033929 WMF51 (Prerequiste)
    KB3191566 WMF51
    We can see here why isn't needed the requeriment of WMF4, is because Microsoft added the .cab wich are needed into WMF5.1 (KB2809215, KB2872035, KB2872047). The KB3033929 is an update for the availability of SHA-2 code signing support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (as we can read in support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3033929 ) and the last one is the WMF51 itself.

Even if we install it over WMF3.0 the only trouble will be the lost of PSModulePath system var (wich is easy to fix, adding again this system var to the OS when the WMF5.1 is installed with the value: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\;%SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules )

To have this changes working in the MSMG Toolkit working you need to download WMF5.1 both for x86 and x64 For Win7 (The win7 versions are zipped, the win8 not) from Microsoft Download Center: microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54616 and extract from the zips both msu (the Powershell scripts aren't needed) and copy them to MSMG-TK Packs/WMF/w7 folder.

Then in the code of MSMG-TK change the :IntWMF function (about the line 4754) with this code (take care, don't break code for other functions)

Code:
    ::-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :: Function to Integrate Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.1 for Win7 and 5.0 for Win8.1
    ::-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :IntWMF

setlocal

cls
    echo.===============================================================================
    if "%SOS%"=="w7" echo.   MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.1
    if "%SOS%"=="w81" echo.         MSMG ToolKit - Integrate Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.0
    echo.===============================================================================
    echo.

set "WMF=%WMF%\%SOS%"

:: Getting Install WIM Image Index Architecture.
    if "%WimIndexNo%"=="*" call :GetWimIndexArch "%InstallWim%", 1 >nul
    if not "%WimIndexNo%"=="*" call :GetWimIndexArch "%InstallWim%", %WimIndexNo% >nul

:: Checking Whether Windows Management Framework 5.1
    if "%SOS%"=="w7" if not exist "%WMF%\*.cab" (
                    echo.Windows Management Framework 5.1 Pack Folder ^<Packs\WMF^> Is Empty...
                    echo.
                    echo.Please Copy Windows Management Framework 5.1 Pack Files to Respective Folder...
                    goto :Stop
    )

:: Checking Whether Windows Management Framework (WMF) 3.0, 4.0 ^& 5.0 Pack Folder <Packs\WMF> Is Empty.
    if "%SOS%"=="w81" if not exist "%WMF%\*.msu" (
                    echo.Windows Management Framework 5 Pack Folder ^<Packs\WMF^> Is Empty...
                    echo.
                    echo.Please Copy Windows Management Framework 5 Pack Files to Respective Folder...
                    goto :Stop
    )

echo.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if "%SOS%"=="w7" echo.####Starting Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.1################
    if "%SOS%"=="w81" echo.####Starting Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.0################
    echo.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    echo.
    echo.Source WIM Image        : Install.wim
    if "%WimIndexNo%"=="*" echo.Source WIM Indexes      : 1-%TotalWimIndexes%
    if not "%WimIndexNo%"=="*" echo.Source WIM Index        : %WimIndexNo%
    echo.Source WIM Architecture : %WimIndexArch%
    echo.Source WIM Build        : %WimIndexVersion%.%WimIndexVersionSPB%
    echo.
    if "%SOS%"=="w7" echo.####Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.1#########################
    if "%SOS%"=="w81" echo.####Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.0#########################
    :: Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.1
    if "%WimIndexNo%"=="*" (
                    echo.
                    for /L %%i in (1, 1, %TotalWimIndexes%) do (
                                   if not %WimIndexNo% gtr 9 echo.##########################[Install.wim, Index : %%i]#############################
                                   if %WimIndexNo% gtr 9 echo.##########################[Install.wim, Index : %%i]############################
        echo.

:: Getting WIM Index Information.
                                   call :GetWimIndexInfo "%InstallMnt%", %%i >nul

if "%SOS%"=="w7" (
                                                   if "%WimIndexArch%"=="x64" (
                                                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%\%%i", "%WMF%\Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.msu"
                                                   )
                                                   if "%WimIndexArch%"=="x86" (
                                                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%\%%i", "%WMF%\Win7-KB3191566-x86.msu"
                                                   )
                                   )

if "%SOS%"=="w81" (
                                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%\%%i", "%WMF%\Win8.1-KB3134758-%WimIndexArch%.msu"
                                   )
                    )
    ) else (
                    if "%SOS%"=="w7" (
                                   if "%WimIndexArch%"=="x64" (
                                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%", "%WMF%\Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.msu"
                                   )
                                   if "%WimIndexArch%"=="x86" (
                                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%", "%WMF%\Win7-KB3191566-x86.msu"
                                   )
                    )

if "%SOS%"=="w81" (
                                   call :AddPkgs "%InstallMnt%", "%WMF%\Win8.1-KB3134758-%WimIndexArch%.msu"
                    )
    )             
    if "%SOS%"=="w7" echo.####Finished Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.1################
    if "%SOS%"=="w81" echo.####Finished Integrating Windows Management Framework ^(WMF^) 5.0################

:Stop
    echo.
    echo.
    pause

set WMF=

endlocal

:: Returning to Main Menu.
    goto :MainMenu

I uploaded the ToolKit-6.4.cmd with this modifications here if anyone want to test it:
    ufile.io/198271

15. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    I have had some time to do testing and I think I know what the issue is now. MSMG Toolkit is processing the updates in the wrong order.

The updates are curretly processed in this order: KB3021910, KB3172614 and KB3173424. This order fails.

The order, as suggested on my link, should be: KB3021910, KB3173424 then KB3172614.

I have tested the suggested order in MSMG and this works - I have to put one update at a time in the Update folder and tell MSMG to process the updates.

I can see why MSMG is processing the updates in the order that it is - the KB numbers are sequential.

16. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    #1197 abbodi1406, Jan 30, 2017
    KB3210694 is just a temporary update, not a cumulative update
    security monthly quality rollup (current KB3212646) is still and will be always needed to integrate after IE11

KB2872047 is an update for WMF3, not needed or applicable

17. cazandobits

cazandobits MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2014
    OK for the IE11 Info, THANKS!! :)

But the WMF update KB2872047 is for upgrading from WMF3 to WMF4 ( support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2872047 ) for prevents the PSModulePath environment variable from being reset. But IDK if is needed or not but it comes inside the MSU of WMF5.1.

18. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    #1199 abbodi1406, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    S-M-R-T M50 UUPDL v0.03.08
    CREDITS: mkuba50 for providing the needed query mechanisms

NOTES:

USE A LOCATION WITH NO SPACES IN THE PATH:

GOOD:
    Code:
    x:\my\folder
    BAD:
    Code:
    x:\my\new folder

SCRIPT FEATURES

Latest Release Query: Depending on user choice generates a query link and parses the response for the needed values. Then it downloads the aria-script for the needed files and instructs aria2 to initiate the files download using the generated download script.

Older Releases Query:
    Uses the internal database to find the needed uupid then proceeds like above to download the files.

UUP>>ISO detection: Copy content of abbodi1406 converter (the CMD and the folders) to this script or vice versa.

Start the Query (using Older Releses as example):
    Code:
    QUERY UUP LINKS

Enter Build Number [i.e.: 16353.1000, 16251.0,...]
    Default:

AVAILABLE:

Build: 15063.0 Arch: amd64
    Build: 15063.0 Arch: x86
    Build: 16251.0 Arch: amd64
    Build: 16251.0 Arch: x86
    Build: 16278.1000 Arch: amd64
    Build: 16278.1000 Arch: x86
    Build: 16281.1000 Arch: amd64
    Build: 16281.1000 Arch: x86
    Build: 16353.1000 Arch: amd64
    Build: 16353.1000 Arch: x86
    Build: 16353.1000 Arch: arm64
    Build: 16281.1000 Arch: arm64
    Build: 16278.1000 Arch: arm64

Enter Build Number: 16278.1000

x[6]4, x[8]6 or [A]rm64 architecture ?: A

Build: 16278.1000 Arch: arm64 UUPID: 0e442d99-a5ca-4537-ba2a-26fe8048a97f

[D]ownload Build, [N]ew Search or [B]ack ?:

Press D to start the download. This will bring up language choice:
    Code:
    LANGUAGE CHOICE 1 OF 4

(1) ar-sa   Arabic (Saudi Arabia)
    (2) bg-bg   Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
    (3) cs-cz   Czech (Czech Republic)
    (4) da-dk   Danish (Denmark)
    (5) de-de   German (Germany)
    (6) el-gr   Greek (Greece)
    (7) en-gb   English (United Kingdom)
    (8) en-us   English (United States)
    (9) es-es   Spanish (Spain)
    (0) es-mx   Spanish (Mexico)

(M) MORE LANGUAGES

YOUR CHOICE ?: M
    LANGUAGE CHOICE 2 OF 4

(1) et-ee   Estonian (Estonia)
    (2) fi-fi   Finnish (Finland)
    (3) fr-ca   French (Canada)
    (4) fr-fr   French (France)
    (5) he-il   Hebrew (Israel)
    (6) hr-hr   Croatian (Croatia)
    (7) hu-hu   Hungarian (Hungary)
    (8) it-it   Italian (Italy)
    (9) ja-jp   Japanese (Japan)
    (0) ko-kr   Korean (Korea)

(M) MORE LANGUAGES

LANGUAGE CHOICE 3 OF 4

(1) lt-lt   Lithuanian (Lithuania)
    (2) lv-lv   Latvian (Latvia)
    (3) nb-no   Norwegian, BokmÕl (Norway)
    (4) nl-nl   Dutch (Netherlands)
    (5) pl-pl   Polish (Poland)
    (6) pt-br   Portuguese (Brazil)
    (7) pt-pt   Portuguese (Portugal)
    (8) ro-ro   Romanian (Romania)
    (9) ru-ru   Russian (Russia)
    (0) sk-sk   Slovak (Slovakia)

(M) MORE LANGUAGES

LANGUAGE CHOICE 4 OF 4

(1) sl-si   Slovenian (Slovenia)
    (2) sv-se   Swedish (Sweden)
    (3) th-th   Thai (Thailand)
    (4) tr-tr   Turkish (Turkey)
    (5) uk-ua   Ukrainian (Ukraine)
    (6) zh-cn   Chinese (PRC)
    (7) zh-tw   Chinese (Taiwan)

YOUR CHOICE ?:

Download AiO or a specific edition:

Code:

Download [A]iO or specific [E]dition ?: E
    EDITION CHOICE

(A) Core
    (B) CoreN

(C) CoreSingleLanguage
    (D) CoreCountrySpecific

(E) Cloud
    (F) CloudN

(G) Professional
    (H) ProfessionalN

(I) Enterprise
    (J) EnterpriseN

(K) Education
    (L) EducationN

YOUR CHOICE ?:
    Script now starts to download the files matching the users choice.

If the UUP>>ISO converter by abbodi1406 is detected:
    Code:
    Abbodi1406 UUPtoISO detected

Start now [Y/N] ?:

DO NOT INTERFER WITH THE PROCESS!!!

The script will copy the just downloded files to the \UUPs\ folder and start the converter.

DOWNLOAD ERRORS THAT MIGHT APPEAR

Script generates search links that pulls the info from mkuba50 s magic, for the download it requests an aria2 script (containing link, file name to save as and the hash) which is sorted to assure the highest possibility the temp links do not die.

TL;DR: Windows Update hickups can lead to errors.

v0.03.08
    --re-added JSON for 16353 that went missing

v0.03.05
    --visual improvements
    --added option to check all Ring/Flight combos for updates to Latest Release query
    --added option to check Single/Multiple/All langs for Editions available
    v0.02.84
    --mkuba50 reorganized the PHP scripts again and added info when a new ID/build is found

v0.02.77
    --added option to check a specific build/arch for available editions
    --changed/shortened Latest Release query for wis Builds which like RP have no Skip Ahead
    --mkuba50 updated fetchupd.php to show specific errors:
    UNKNOWN_ARCH - Unknown architecture
    UNKNOWN_RING - Unknown ring
    UNKNOWN_FLIGHT - Unknown flight
    UNKNOWN_COMBINATION - Unsupported ring + flight combination
    ILLEGAL_BUILD - build is less than 15063 and larger than 65536

v0.02.56
    --aria2c updated, 7z switched to smaller 7za version (thanks to mkuba50)
    --PHP folder structure reworked (thanks to mkuba50)
    --PHP scripts updated to show WU Server query progress (thanks to mkuba50)

v0.02.18
    --added check to Latest Releases query to delete older ID JSONs to always use latest
    --build 16288.1 already showed 4 different IDs

v0.02.11
    --fixed the still wrong VC redist downloadlink
    --vc redist download now uses correct version number (latest v54) for the files
    --added check whether entered build actually exists in database to Older Releases query

v0.02.04
    --fixed missing VC redist downloadlink

v0.02.01
    --script got a rework to use Stanalone PHP project files from mkuba50
    --script requires VC redist 2015 and checks at start for its presence
    --atm no online database update

v0.01.37
    --Added Arm64 builds to Older Releases query
    --list is updated with 3 Arm64 builds

v0.01.27
    --Added missing -c switch to Older Releases download (thanks to UndertakerBen)
    --minor visual improvements

v0.01.20
    --fixed bug that caused that errors being written to database

v0.01.17
    --fixed a flawed that caused invalid database writes if Latest Release query doesn't
    find build (i.e. slow ring skip ahead combination).
    --minor visual improvements
    --added a listing of known builds in database to Older Releases query first choice

v0.01.07
    --fixed bug that caused the script to close due to undefined variable (thanks to antonio8909)

v0.01.04
    --fixed bug that checked the wrong folder in abbodi1406 integration (thanks to mehdibleu)

v0.01.01
    --added update feature for uupid database (queries auto-updated info)
    --moved uupid list to files\knownids.txt and altered all parses to use this file as reference
    --added additional choice after Latest Release check to directly start new search (less input)

v0.00.60
    --fixed bug in Older Releases download that created \x64\ folder instead of \amd64\

v0.00.57
    --fixed error that prevented the parse in Latest Release query when script is started
    --added abbodi1406 UUP>>ISO detection (will copy downloaded files to \UUPs\ folder, if folder
    isn't empty, script will warn and offer skip or delete and lastly start abbodis converter)

v0.00.47
    --added -R switch to aria2 to keep original file date (thanks to lt)
    --added Release Preview Ring to latest release query
    --added more convenient language choice
    --added subfolder creation in uup download folder (Build\SKU(or AiO)\Language\Architecture)
    --added option to skip proces if folder is already present
    --added -c switch to aria2 to resume downloads

v0.00.26
    --fixed broken Edition specific download (thanks to antonio8909)

v0.00.23
    --added missing Editions (thanks to mkuba50)

v0.00.20
    --added option to search for specific Edition
    --added 15063 to the uupid list
    --fixed flaw where uupid wasn't resetted for new search (thanks to Enthousiast)

v0.00.13
    --added option to search for lates UUP releases for Ring/Flight

v0.00.01
    --initial release

Hashes:
    Code:
    Name: uupdl.v0.03.08.7z
    Size: 6684329 bytes (6 MB)
    CRC64: 71ee7007484f4765
    SHA-1: 18cc5aa59a613200bd715e4d00752e7372cecd92
    SHA-256: 8782a9b9b6d5de4e66410faafc5336e3fd44b5fc5e4995d86d92b82eb81e94c9

19. Bluescreen

Jul 16, 2009
    #1200 Bluescreen, Jan 30, 2017
    Enthousisast and AeonX ,

Removing stuff into LTSB was only removing Biometrics, Maps, Telemetry, Cortana reliefs, Xbox things, Windows defender and few more.

My goal is not to have the smallest ISO file (Thanks for showing how to make ESD instead of Wim) , I am upset to get an ISO between 4,7GB to 4,9GB using v6.4.... Then just mounting and rebuilding into v6.3 give me a normal size.
    I did not insert Net 3.5 , just the 3 January updates.
    Looks like I am unable to rebuild correctly into v6.4 :(