1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi MSMG, please you can indicate me which latest version of the Toolkit I can use to work with Windows Server 2016 64 bit, Hmm or should I still use the 8.8 version of the Toolkit... So thank you in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. slope_45

slope_45 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2014
    Hello everyone. I seem to be having a time at getting this to work. I have gone thru the process 3 times with the same result. After following instructions in the Readme file, and reading here on the forum, I am still getting stuck at the end of the process when I get to: Target > 1 Make a DVD ISO Image. I get this error message:

Can't find Windows Setup 'Boot.wim' Image in <DVD\Sources> folder...
    Please copy Windows Setup 'Boot.wim' Image to <DVD\Sources> folder

My steps are as follows: (I am using 1809 vanilla 17763.1 as my source)
    1. Extracted the Toolkit to C:\ Toolkit
    2. The DVD folder in Tookit contains an empty 'Sources' folder.
    3. I copied the contents of the sources folder found in the 1809 (17763. ) ISO to the empty Sources folder in the Toolkit DVD folder.
    4. I go thru the process of removing Windows stuff and integrating stuff, cleanup, rebuild, and all seems well.
    5. At the end, I get the message as stated above.​

I did search the forum, and found the response on page 292, but I suspect I am making a simple mistake somewhere, maybe placing the contents from the copied ISO in the wrong place in the Toolkit DVD folder. I am a bit confused on the empty Sources folder there. Thanks for a helping hand . . . :)

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    For other than component removal use the latest version and for component removal use v8.8.

4. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Copy the entire contents of ISO to DVD folder.

5. Tomasz Rudnicki

Tomasz Rudnicki MDL Novice

May 16, 2019
    GAMERS STAY AWAY

I have many tries with this tool, which is great btw, but as a gamer i found it useless in the end. You can tailor your system to your needs but not for games needs. Example WMP i dont need it i can use other soft to play audio right ? NO NO NO GTA V needs it trying to install it .... nope You cant. pkgmgr is depreceated / btw no way to fix that/ next instalation cant find out why there is no sound at all in my pc. Problems problems and more problems, so after i think 10 tries of customizing w10 install i say this - it cant be done. Maybe there is another way of dealing with w10 bloatware problem and 3rd party software. I am not wasting any more time doing custom images which i will found out later missing some feature.
    Seting up bitdefender to paranoid mode and block everything i dont know or cant identify. It is a shame because i really wanted it to work but it just dont. getting back to work its 11 try this time normal installation no cuts

6. tefor

tefor MDL Senior Member

Apr 5, 2017
    I want to crop Turkish Windows Server 2019
    Does Toolkit 9.4.2 support Turkish Language for cropping or it supports only English Language ?
    Thanks

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Don't randomly press the buttons but seek what works and what doesn't work for your specific needs, and when a game needs wmp, then don't chop it.

8. slope_45

slope_45 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks for responding. So I should copy the entire contents of the ISO directly into the DVD folder — not into the empty “Sources” folder in the DVD folder? Sorry to be such a knucklehead here. . . .

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    yes, because the Toolkit need to know the entire contents of the ISO so can perform what is required, for example if you want to remove anything the script will search the entire contents of the ISO and following performs the removal of course and so on ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Server builds are not supported yet.

11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes, the empty sources folder is a placeholder for people who just use the boot.wim and install.wim for their work.

12. Tomasz Rudnicki

Tomasz Rudnicki MDL Novice

May 16, 2019
    ok one last time i will do it

pkgmgr is depreceated what can be done ? Anyone idea what can be the cause ? becauseof that i cant install wmp i havew tried to fix it with no luck
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    sfc /scannow
    Nothing happened
    and when i try to add wmp using
    DISM /online /enable-feature /featurename:WindowsMediaPlayer
    also nothing

13. slope_45

slope_45 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks.

14. slope_45

slope_45 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks. I’ll give it another go. It’s fun to tinker with. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When copying the entire content of the ISO to the DVD folder, it already contains the Sources folder.

You only need to extract the entire content to the dvd folder when you later want to use the toolkit to be able to create the ISO from it (+ the option to remove the manual setup files will need full content).

In most scenarios it's sufficient to only extract the install.wim and boot.wim to the DVD\Sources folder in the toolkit.

16. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Copy from an untouched ISO the following files into their respective folders (on NTLite I keep these files when I remove WMP to be able to install and use Sound Forge, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects):

\Windows\System32\WMASF.DLL
    \Windows\System32\WMVCORE.DLL
    \Windows\SysWOW64\WMASF.DLL
    \Windows\SysWOW64\WMVCORE.DLL

Some Microsoft programs like Visual Studio need these too:
    \Windows\System32\sqmapi.dll
    \Windows\SysWOW64\sqmapi.dll

17. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi AeonX everything ok I hope so and very good information about how to add/remove the WMP hmm I need to leave because I will start the installation of Windows Server 2019 and already know I go night in LOL after we can chat via PM OK :)

18. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Hi Tiger I forgot to say "try" because I'm not sure if it will solve but as far as I know games don't need WMP itself but its codecs to play videos even installing K-Lite Codec Pack or LAV Filters because some games are hardcoded to use Microsoft Media Foundation so even browsers need Windows codecs. And some programs and games need WMVCORE.DLL and WMASF.DLL I'm not sure why.

19. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #12859 Tiger-1, Oct 19, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    ok several times I see strange behaviour inside of Windows systems ;) since Windows 8 and until now; and in another hand as I tell yesterday I try make install of new Windows Server 2019 and I stay crazy with it is very fast as hell!!!my God but nothing is perfect because for some reason my new AMD drivers WHQL and my WI-FI simply don't install lol then I need make use of re-image my system and returning to very good W10 LTSC (I never had issues with it and I make tweaks maybe inside your soul...:D:p
    Edit: I forgot to tell you first installed Windows Server 2012 R2 also very fast maybe even more than in 2019 but I had the same problems with drivers the network driver I still I managed and worked well however the video driver nah not settled at all when warned setup program that was detecting the video hardware was detecting far lol ... that's when I went to in 2019 but as I said the same problems unfortunately I found fantastic was the level of modularity the sistem has you have options for all possible ways to me the server versions are smarter than I already could see I was really shocked because you can "mount" the system according to your needs give its extreme speed ( resembles Arch Linux); let me find out how to install the video drivers and will not let go more of the server systems ...

20. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013