1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Well, I was not well, so it's getting late, am still testing ToolKit v1.04, the Integrate ReFS feature is giving some errors in installation, am just debugging the issue, if it goes well, will upload the ToolKit tomorrow.

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Updated MSMG ToolKit to v1.04, I had to Remove Integration of ReFS and Custom Registry Tweaks Features from ToolKit due to some installation issues, will include those features in next version.

Changelog :

v1.04
    + Added an Option to Ask Whether to Copy WADK 8.1 Tools to MSMG ToolKit Bin\WADK Folder (WADK Portable).
    + Added a Feature to Integrate Microsoft DaRT 8.1 Tools to BOOT.WIM Recovery Option.
    + Added a Feature to Integrate Windows To Go Workspace Feature.
    + Added a Feature to Integrate Custom System Files/Folders.
    + Fixed a Bug in ToolKit StartUp Settings, Where The ToolKit Was Wrongly Detecting 64-Bit Host OS as 32-Bit OS.
    + Fixed a Bug in Feature - "Integration of .Net Framework 3.5 Components", Where Integration of .Net Framework 3.5 Components Failed When the ToolKit is Used in Silent Mode.
    + Fixed a Bug in Feature - "Integration of Windows Media Center Add-on", Where Setting of WIM Image Flags and Description Failed When the Source OS is a Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2 AIO OS.
    + Fixed a Bug in Feature - "Integration of Custom Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)", Where Copying of winre.wim Failed.
    + Fixed a Bug in Feature - "Export Default Metro Apps Association", Where Deletion of Existing AppsAssoc.xml File Failed.
    + Added a Check to Skip Integration of .Net Framework 3.5 Components If It's Already Been Integrated.
    + Added an Option to Select the Source WIM Image Index in the Feature - "Integrate Windows Media Center Add-on Feature".
    + Added a Check to Skip of Integration of Windows Media Center Add-on Feature If It's Already Been Integrated.
    - Removed the Deletion of Rest of the WIM Image Indexes in the Feature - "Integrate Windows Media Center Add-on Feature".
    + Added a Check to Skip The Integration of Windows 8.1/Server 2012 GA Rollup Updates If It's Already Been Integrated.
    + Added Support for Windows 8.1/Server 2012 R2 GA Rollup Updates in CAB Format.
    + Added Support for Windows Security Updates/HotFixes Updates in CAB Format.
    + Added an Option to Choose Whether Re-Build WIM Image File at Every Feature Process.
    * Merged the Menu Item - Integrate Custom Patches with Main Menu Item - Integrate Custom Packs.
    > Moved The StartUp Setting Routine to the Beginning of the ToolKit Process.
    + Added a Pre-CleanUp Routine at the Start of ToolKit's Every Operation.
    - Removed Redundant Codes.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Manually Copying WADK 8.1 Tools to ToolKit Bin Folder:

People, who have installed WADK 8.1 Tools to different location other than the default location (Programs Files\WinKit). they can create a folder named "WADK" inside ToolKit's "Bin" folder, Then Inside the "WADK" folder, create two more folders named "amd64" and "x86". Now copy the these folders "BCDBoot", "DISM" and "Oscdimg" from both the x86 and amd64 folders from the WADK 8.1 Tools Installation folder to the newly created "amd64" and "x86" folders.

4. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    The Toolkit 1.04 works very well, but, still get the image not found fatal error even with WMC integrated by MSMG Toolkit, so, giving up on that; no more WMC integration. It works flawlessly for all else. Thanks very much. :worthy:

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. the toolkit next version will be released with an additional toolkit for windows 7 SP1/server 2008R2/ThinPC support.

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Are you saying about the image not found fatal error when you try to install the os are you using the autounattend.xml file or ei.cfg. with toolkit v1.04 the wmc integration uses the image name & description as "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (x86 or x64)" so if you are using the Image name as "Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center" in autounattend.xml file it will give error.

7. FCM168

FCM168 MDL Junior Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Thanks for your took MSMG I will give it a twirl, but first I must ask a dumb questions.

Under
    Integrate Pre-Activation Details for Auto-Activation
    Copy the Pre-Activated Token Files into "PreAct" Folder Inside the "Packs" Folder Inside the "MSMG" Folder. <-- do I need the .dat files that reside under spp folder?
    and
    The ToolKit will Ask for "Product Key", Please Enter Your Product Key with '-' Dashes. <-- can this key be my Windows 8 Pro RTM key?

and under
    Integrate Drivers
    Do this need to be the .inf files?

Sorry to ask this stupid questions but this is my first time using such tool. The rest is pretty much straight forward.

Oh and a Windows UI would be nice :rolleyes: :p

Regards

cgp

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Integrate Pre-Activation Details for Auto-Activation : yes you need these .dat files from spp folder. i.e. tokens.dat and data.data (It's a Hidden File) from System32\spp\store\2.0 Folder and cache.dat from System32\spp\store\2.0\cache Folder. Just copy these three files to PreAct Folder Inside the "MSMG or Whatever Folder you have placed the ToolKit Files" Folder.

When asked for Product Key just enter Key with the '-' dashes. The Product Key should be the Key for which it System is Activated.

If your OS is Windows 8.1 Pro RTM Then use Windows 8.1 Pro RTM Key.
    If your OS is Windows 8.1 Pro WMC Then use WMC Key.

Integrate Drivers :Yes you need the driver folder with the .inf files and its supporting files. Note: If there is any autorun.inf file inside the drivers folder just remove it.

And one more thing, if you trying to add custom windows recovery environment with this, please do not use it for the mean time, as there is a bug in it, which I have fixed in the next version and will be posting it soon.

Yes, I would like to make a Windows GUI based ToolKit either in VS/AutoIt. right now am busy with other issues. so will soon start work on it.

9. RickSteele

RickSteele MDL Addicted

Nov 12, 2009
    I've tried Index 1, Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (x64) and no answer file at all; ei.cfg was always just left as is although it is ignored if there is an answer file. I don't know what the problem is:confused:; it's like when I go to install WMC to a live system-all goes well until at the very end I get a "something went wrong" error message "Please close.....and try again". I took a chance the first time (right after purchasing a key), rebooted anyway, manually, and it finished the installation without error-go figure! :mad:
    So, I purchased Zoom Player, disabled WMP offline and do not install WMC-perfect; one player does it all-a combination of WinDVD/PowerDVD and WinAMP complete with integrated Shoutcast all in one. Support is awesome, the program is perfection on this earth. :yeah:
    That's it for me; it only cost me $10.00 CNDN to learn this lesson, but, I'm done with M$ media software.

Still love your program-it works really well from anywhere-partition, HDD etc. :mauridia:

EDIT:
    There is the problem-I was using my Pro key not the WMC key in my answer file-always something simple! :)

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I haven't any error with pro wmc installations

see I do take a windows 8.1 pro retail msdn iso and upgrade the edition to pro wmc and then integrate the pro wmc generic tokens to it and use my wmc key and with ei.cfg/autoattended.xml file and it just install smoothly. :)

Edit: Of course once if you upgrade windows 8.1 pro to windows 8.1 pro wmc it's a new license and you need pro wmc key to install the os and not the pro key

11. btf-tribal

btf-tribal MDL Junior Member

Jul 9, 2009
    is it possible to integrate msdart into winre.wim?

12. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I don't know if the procedure for integrating msdart to winre.wim is the same as boot.wim, if it's the same I will add the support for it too.

13. FCM168

FCM168 MDL Junior Member

Mar 27, 2008
    @MSGM: I have been playing around with your tool to see what it does but I need to ask this question:

In you change log it says the following: + Added an Option to Ask Whether to Copy WADK 8.1 Tools to MSMG ToolKit Bin\WADK Folder (WADK Portable).

but that option never comes up and it thinks that the WADK is under the Bin folder when it is not and after a few more clicks it just closes on me. As you can see from the image, and as you can see the WADK folder is not there under \Bin\

View attachment 26466 View attachment 26467

Can you advice if this is the normal process?

Thanks

PS: I might wait for your next release.

14. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Hi MSMG. I'm in the good section post now.

I'm in the 9 procedure: Making a iso...

What is the: iso label name ????? is-it: Windows 8.1 Pro WMC ????? That the name i give to this project iso DVD

And iso file name ????? Could it be the file were i put the Win 8.1 pro RTM = DVD before it get change by your ToolKit

And iso boot type: 1 bios, 2 uefi, or 3 bios_uefi 1, 2, or 3 ?????

Tancrède

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    If the WADK folder is not present inside Bin folder then it should ask for copying the WADK 8.1 Tools. May be its because you have placed the toolkit in a folder name "MSMG ToolKit" see the space in between the folder name. the toolkit will not work properly if there is a space in folder name.

Will check out and tell you know why it's happening, then is the toolkit functional i mean is it integrating the stuffs or the removal is ok

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    ISO Label Name is the Name You see in My Computer\This PC when you insert a DVD into DVD Drive.

ISO File name is the name given to the filename of the DVD ISO Image File which will be stored in ISO Folder.

If your system is bit old the it will be booting by BIOS and if your system is new one it will come with UEFI Booting.

Choose BIOS/UEFI according to your needs and if you don't which Booting Method does your system used then choose the BIOS_UEFI Mode.

17. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    hi MSMG

My motherboard is a Asus P5Q pro Turbo made in 2009 probably. In the manual, it only talk about Bios and nothing about UEFI (unification enable...interface) So i will choose Bios.

For the iso label name and iso file name, i dont really understand. Can you give some exemple on what is a iso label name and a iso file name.

I searched on the Web, and there nothing pertinent about that.

You know MSMG, when a put a CD or a DVD in the drive E, for exemple, i see the name of software, ex: Windows 8.1, Nero, Speed Need, etc... Is that the iso label name a sould give to your Tool question for the process 9 for my Win 8.1 pro WMC ?????

Iso file name: absolutly no idea what that mean.

Tancrède

18. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    ISO Label is something you see when you insert a CD/DVD into CD/DVD Drive. Yes its as you specified like Windows 8.1, Nero, Speed Need...

You just Specify the ISO Label as

W81Pro

or

W81ProWMC

ISO Filename is the name of the file where you store it.

You just Specify the ISO file name as

fr_windows_8_1_pro_x64

or

fr_windows_8_1_pro_wmc_x64

19. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    That's done MSMG. 11 post only and i made. Not to bad for a novice.

Before i make a install, how can i be sure that WMC is install in my new iso ? Is there a file with that name if i explore-it ?

Question: i know that if a change the CPU or the HD, for exemple, the activation of this iso wont work. Is that mean that i have to remanipulate this iso with the same legal activation key to make-it work ? Or is that mean that my legal key wont never work again on my PC or another PC, like a new one for exemple ?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hum, i just try a booting with my bios, said: ""Could not find the Bootmgr"" I know that my Bios is set for the drive DVD booting FIRST. So what's wrong ????? Is-it my choice to Bios_UEFI, instead of just Bios with your ToolKit ????? My motheboard ASUS was made in 2009, and there no UEFI in the bios.

Remarque: In Windows session, on PC Drive D: could not see the name i gave to the new iso. The name have give is fr_windows_pro_wmc_x64 like you told me to name-it. BUT, it seem that it could make a update, because it start in Windows session.

P.S. I burn the DVD with yout ToolKit. And not with the tool i usually take Nero

Tancrède

20. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    If you want to know whether the toolkit has integrate windows media center then you can check with these options

1) Try to integrate the WMC again, it will show the WIM Index as
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (x64) instead of Windows 8.1 Pro

2) It will say a message that the WMC has been already integrated

3) Install the OS and check yourself

Any minor hardware changes won't make any difference, but changes like cpu/hdd/network interface will affect the activation

once you activate the key with one system you can't use it on another system, but you can activate with the same system.

Microsoft will allow online activation only few times I think but you can make phone activation many times.

In The Make a ISO Image Feature, when you select the UEFI or BIOS_UEFI, the toolkit is skipping the labelling of the ISO which I fixed in the next version of the ToolKit.

don't worry it won't affect the installation of the Windows 8.1.

try with BIOS Mode ISO Image.