1. amnester

amnester MDL Junior Member

Nov 9, 2018
    And how to integrate it? Where to insert these 2 files?

2. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I'm a little confused by this. You say you retained game explorer, but then MS Has removed the files to make game explorer work?

Anyway, there must be something else the games are dependent on as when I try to run any of them they won't start. Busy circle flashes for an instant then nothing. Nothing in event log.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    This itself is a separate pack for Edge Chromium, it doesn't contain any old Edge, in fact all ToolKit packs are made as .ESD files and with .ESD compression it is 377 MB.

May be further cleanup of the Pack by removing the Setup backup files in Edge Update folder would reduce the size.

4. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    - Download and Copy the EdgeChromium folder to Packs folder.
    - Mount the Image using ToolKit.
    - Use a NSudo command prompt with TrustedInstaller privilege and with full permissions.
    - Run the below commands in opened command prompt under the ToolKit folder.

Code:
    Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:Packs\EdgeChromium\EdgeChromium_x64.tpk /Index:1 /ApplyDir:Mount\Install
    reg import Packs\EdgeChromium\EdgeChromium_x64.reg

- Save the Image using ToolKit.

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes the MS has removed the support for Game Explorer in recent Windows 10 versions which makes the GameExplorer unusable but it also left out certain GameExplorer files which the ToolKit can remove.

Actually for testing purpose I did retained GameExplorer, WinSAT and Speech at first to see which of these components broke the Games, then filtered the list with removing Speech and the game was working, yet to see if GameExplorer is required or not.

6. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I did see a post from last year where you suggested keeping speech (Now called "speech recognition - required for Cortana" in the toolkit?) (https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/msmg-toolkit.50572/page-686#post-1568415)

I did remove GameExplorer from my previous image and the games are not working. I've recreated the image with GamExplorer retained, and removed speech recognition. I'll test that later today and let you know if it works.

7. amnester

Nov 9, 2018
    This is hard for me! Completely confused...
    1.C:\ToolKit_v9.5
    2.Unzip the Win10Pro_1909-18363.628_Ru_x64 image to the DVD
    3 Download and copy the EdgeСhrome folder to C:\ToolKit_v9.5\Packs\EdgeChromium
    4.I mount the image 1-1-Index 1-Enter-Y-Y
    5.NSudo start applications with administrator rights C:\ToolKit_v9.5\Bin\x64\NSudo.exe
    (User: TrustedInstaller and enable all Privileges); Open: ...............???)
    Then I just got confused and don't know what to do.
    If possible, can someone explain in detail what to do next and how to integrate Edge Chromium?
    Thanks!

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Step 5: NSudo start applications with administrator rights C:\ToolKit_v9.5\Bin\x64\NSudo.exe

Yes choose TrustedInstaller and enable all Privileges and type cmd in the below text box and press Enter key

Step 6: You will get the DOS prompt

Type cd C:\ToolKit_v9.5 and then press Enter key.

Step 7: Copy and paste each line below and press Enter key for each line

Code:
    Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:Packs\EdgeChromium\EdgeChromium_x64.tpk /Index:1 /ApplyDir:Mount\Install
    reg import Packs\EdgeChromium\EdgeChromium_x64.reg

Step 8: Save the Image using ToolKit->Apply->Save
    Step 9: Rebuild the Image using ToolKit->Apply->Rebuild

9. amnester

Nov 9, 2018
    After integrating EdgeChromium into the Win10Pro_1909-18363.628_Ru_x64 image, and then installing it.
    I don't have any files in the Task Scheduler :
    1.MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineCore (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe);
    2.MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineUA (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe).
    Also, there are no Windows Services :
    1.Service Updates "Microsoft Edge" (edgeupdate) ;
    2.Service Updates "Microsoft Edge" (edgeupdatem).
    As a result, an error occurs: About Microsoft Edge.
    Maybe I integrated EdgeChromium incorrectly?

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I tested with an en-us image will check with other languages, where does the errors are shown?

11. NesteaZen

NesteaZen MDL Novice

May 9, 2010
    weird. I tried that but it showed me an error that it's not a certain type of image. thanks <3

12. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Expert

Sep 16, 2018
    After integrating Edge Chromium into install.wim of 19559, the browser will not update. It returns error code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I have completed the testing - Speech is not required for the games to work Only games explorer.

Clearly the WInAero package does not install the required game explorer files.

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Which version of Toolkit you are trying with and do give the source and host OS details.

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    I couldn't extract the MSI File/Registry Data through the Tools like LessMSI or Orca and had to do the install and capture image method.

The Pack was roughly prepared from an installed OS without IE or Old Edge and it needs further tweaking to get better result.

Did tried with a fresh image without IE or Old Edge and it worked, will check for the Update to see if it works.

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes, Did you removed WinSAT too coz removing it the Games won't open.

17. NesteaZen

NesteaZen MDL Novice

May 9, 2010
    Idk it happened once. I remember selecting both options in 2 (2.1 and 2.2) and it gave an error. But I was able to do after you told me I'm in the wrong selection (2.1).

18. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    #14080 Yanta, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    No. I want to keep WinSAT so it was not removed. I will test again for you without WinSAT.

Errr.. ToolkitHelper does the removewindowscompnent. What's the packagename so I can remove it from the online image and save having to rebuld it from scratch.