1. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    #15721 inTerActionVRI, Jun 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    I am also learning.

To view line numbers, use notepad ++ (npp).

So you can see what I'm saying.

This part that I modified is related to the part that allows you to remove all WindowsApps and the part that allows you to remove all SystemApps. But it removes everything at once instead of removing one at a time.

Everything already tested and working.

Edit: Adding an image ... This code above is a small part of the changes I am making, over the course of 2 months following the topic, to make my life easier, maintaining my PCs and some family members' PCs.

Attached Files:

2. zero cool root

zero cool root MDL Senior Member

Jun 17, 2011
    @MSMG

What means 5 => 8 => L (Enable DISM Image Cleanup with Full ResetBase). What it does..??

Thanks in Advance..!!

3. mhussain

mhussain MDL Senior Member

Oct 1, 2012
    @zero cool root
    if that option is ran, dism will completely delete files to install/deinstall the features I believe?
    I also believe if you've installed updates it will prevent you from uninstalling the updates,
    don't quote me on that however.

4. digital observer

digital observer MDL Novice

May 18, 2020
    Hi there!

First of all thanks to MSMG for this great toolkit! :)

I hope its ok to post my question here.

I try to slim down the GERMAN version of Win 10 LTSC 2019 with the MSMG toolkit 10.1
    My problem is here:
    ISO have ImageServicePackBuild=316 for DE version
    ISO need ImageServicePackBuild=1 for US version to work with the toolkit

so i got this message
    ToolKit component removal only work with the below Source OS Images...
    Windows 10 v1809 (10.0.17763.1) Source OS. (Thats the US version as far as i understand)

Is there a simple solution to make this toolkit work with the German version?

Or maybe can i use it first on the correct US Version and later integrate the German language?

I just ask coz i dont know if language patch / integration after sliming down the image is possible.

Thanks for any help and keep up this good work :)

5. kosta26

kosta26 MDL Junior Member

Jan 1, 2019
    I would like to see some steps to stop the return of components starting in 1903 and ending in 2004.

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    That call to UnMountImageRegistry is just to make sure the mounted image registry hives are unmounted if in case an error or exception while using the ToolKitHelper program.

Since the ToolKitHelper is also made to be used standalone without the Toolkit, the registry mounting and un-mounting is essential within the ToolKitHelper.

7. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Just remove the Windows Apps and System Apps and OneDrive, it will be a LTSC like build.

May be I should make a one-click tool to build a LTSC like OS, if there is a demand then will make it,

You can't remove the taskbar context menu like Cortana or Search buttons.

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Yes it will work, just test the OS and see if there's any SFC errors.

9. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    For enabling or disabling services, you can do it with registry

; Enable Windows Search Indexing
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WSearch]
    "Start"=dword:00000002

; Disable Windows Search Indexing
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WSearch]
    "Start"=dword:00000004

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Windows 10 is configured by default to ignore /ResetBase parameter and only delta-compress when the DISM /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase is used.

Using this tweak it will enable the DISM to perform full reset base.

11. rorewe4314

rorewe4314 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2020
    I don’t know what else can be removed from system applications, because some applications are in LTSC!
    It would be very nice if you could turn the regular version into LTSC, with the click of a button!

12. GrEaTwArRiOr

GrEaTwArRiOr MDL Novice

May 12, 2009
    working perfect :)

13. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    #15736 inTerActionVRI, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Nice.

2004 20H1 (with june cumulative update)
    Tested... no error so far. I put it to use at work.

@MSMG,
    I always mix my changes with your new versions. In these changes I have an option to apply personalized Tweaks. In this case, I always leave Windows Update completely disabled (it causes a problem when installing applications through the store - I still haven't identified which disabled part I should activate again, to return functionality), Defender and Cortana disabled by default, and several others that are presented to the screen during application.

There is a user here who is blind. I made an option to leave windows lite, but functional. And, as a result, I thought to keep the accessibility options, called AccessibilityCustomSelection. It is not yet implemented (I did it in a separate file because I am researching the essential features). In the Xtreme Lite version, the minimum is left to work with old low-performance PCs (without meter apps, store, defender, smartscreen, etc), keep in mind, consider installing your anti malware, etc.

I made the menu to be followed by sequential steps. They are interdependent (one prerequisite for the other):
    This is because at each step more components will be removed.

Step 1.0 - ConservativeCustomSelection (minimum for Maintenance Technicians)

One Single Step to appling AccessibilityCustomSelection - it is performed Step 1.0 together with the removal step maintaining accessibility in just one single step. (I think if it is necessary to maintain the gamer and mixed reality features ... Because there are people with different special needs. I believe that you should keep such features. But in that way, the conservative version would be the best option. Suggestions are welcome.)

Note: Main example of difference between the derivatives of Gamer and Personal.

Step 2.0 - GamerCustomSelection Parental Controls App removed - then remains removed in the following steps)
    Step 2.1 - LiteCustomSelection
    Step 2.2 - XtremeLiteCustomSelection

Step 2.0 - PersonalCustomSelection (Parental Controls App retained) (useful for my family members - you can edit based on yours)
    Step 2.1 - PersonalSpeedCustomSelection (this is based on my preferences, then I remove what is useless for me)

If the guys want to test, feel free. If you authorize it, I attach my work with the toolkit, attached.

Thanks!

Edit: Accessibility I decided to change the order of Accessibility to be executed in one step and maybe add an option for other needs, everything depends on the feedback.

Edit: @mhussain, see this post too.

14. rorewe4314

rorewe4314 MDL Member

Jun 18, 2020
    MSMG,

RemovePkgsList
    Code:
    ToolKitHelper:WindowsInsiderHub
    ToolKitHelper:SecurityCenter
    ToolKitHelper:BioEnrollment
    ToolKitHelper:Edge
    ToolKitHelper:LockApp
    ToolKitHelper:MapControl
    ToolKitHelper:NarratorQuickStart
    ToolKitHelper:OneDrive
    ToolKitHelper:ParentalControls
    ToolKitHelper:PeopleExperienceHost
    ToolKitHelper:QuickAssist
    ToolKitHelper:RetailDemoContent
    ToolKitHelper:SettingSync
    ToolKitHelper:SkypeORTC
    ToolKitHelper:SmartScreen
    ToolKitHelper:Win32WebViewHost
    ToolKitHelper:WindowsDefender
    ToolKitHelper:WindowsMixedReality
    ToolKitHelper:WindowsReaderPDF
    ToolKitHelper:XboxGameCallableUI
    ToolKitHelper:3DViewer
    ToolKitHelper:AdvertisingXaml
    ToolKitHelper:Alarms
    ToolKitHelper:BingWeather
    ToolKitHelper:Calculator
    ToolKitHelper:Camera
    ToolKitHelper:CommunicationsApps
    ToolKitHelper:Cortana
    ToolKitHelper:DesktopAppInstaller
    ToolKitHelper:FeedbackHub
    ToolKitHelper:GetHelp
    ToolKitHelper:HEIFImageExtension
    ToolKitHelper:Maps
    ToolKitHelper:MixedRealityPortal
    ToolKitHelper:OfficeHub
    ToolKitHelper:OfficeOneNote
    ToolKitHelper:Paint3D
    ToolKitHelper:People
    ToolKitHelper:Photos
    ToolKitHelper:ScreenSketch
    ToolKitHelper:SkypeApp
    ToolKitHelper:SolitaireCollection
    ToolKitHelper:SoundRecorder
    ToolKitHelper:StickyNotes
    ToolKitHelper:VP9VideoExtensions
    ToolKitHelper:WalletService
    ToolKitHelper:WebMediaExtensions
    ToolKitHelper:WebpImageExtensions
    ToolKitHelper:WindowsStore
    ToolKitHelper:XboxApp
    ToolKitHelper:XboxIdentityProvider
    ToolKitHelper:YourPhone
    ToolKitHelper:ZuneMusic
    ToolKitHelper:ZuneVideo
    Here is a list that I have roughly compiled; I do not know if this is right or wrong. Not all applications accessible through the menu are accessible through the list!

If you delete everything at once through the menu, it deletes for example the necessary components such as File Explorer. Hands to do it for a long time and confused!

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Windows Store needs Windows Update to be active.

Yes you can publish your own customized version.

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The list contains all the components present in the menu, do check the latest list from the Toolkit 10.1

File Explorer App is the UWP App and not the regular Windows Explorer.

17. inTerActionVRI

Sep 23, 2009
    @mhussain, I'm sorry for the rudeness, in the previous comment. But even though I was working on your request, I didn't remember that you were the one who asked for help because of your need. I was preparing my menus, and sensitized to your request, I was preparing another one based on the ones I was developing for myself, in order to promote accessibility in the script.

So... tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will be posting my version (as already approved by @MSMG) with the quick removal options but maintaining the accessibility features, implemented directly in the toolkit.cmd script.