1. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Hi MSMG. In my case, i doubt that i can phone to Micro... if a change a important component in my PC. The key a got is from the fracture error system of Microsoft for obtaining a WMC key GRATOS (free). So, if Micros... ask me for the key on the Windows boxe i bought, i'm done.

Tancrède

2. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Well you can use the WMC Key to activate over phone, that's not issue, when you install the os and use phone activation all they ask is for the installation id which is displayed in the phone activation dialog box, just enter the installation id in phone/Skype method and they will give you the activation id and then enter the activation id into the box provide in the phone activation dialog and click next that's it done, it will be activated.

They won't check whether it's a key you purchased or promotional key.

3. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    You surely talking about my Win 8 free WMC key MSMG. Then, you mean that if a change the cpu, for exemple, that's not a issue. I just have to phone method, like i did for the first time for the Win 8, and i will get a new CODE for activation. Then, my 8 will still be activate.

With 8.1 pro, my free WMC key doesn't activate-it. I have tried-it. And with this Pro 8.1 WMC pre-activated i just made, with the Win 8 pro, wont work either. (well that's my point of view) ?????

So if i change something on the motheboard, only original Win 8 can still be activate by phone or skype. If my comprehension is good.

Tancrède

4. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    reactivate pro, then wmc with another key after changing h/w?

5. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    I really dont understand your comments. I a novice, dont forget. What pro, the original starting Win 8 pro of my experience overhere ?????

6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    am talking about the both the windows 8.x retail and free wmc keys
    and I didn't say that if you change the cpu, that's not a issues, read my previous comments, what I told was a minor changes in hardware won't harm but the cpu/hdd/network will break the activation.

see I do have a free wmc which I use and when ever I do want to do fresh activation I do it by phone method and it gets activated.

rest of the time I do integrate my activation with the windows 8.1 pro wmc iso so I don't have to activation every time.

you don't get a new CODE every time you do activation, instead you get the same activation code.

you said you have only FREE WMC Key, see windows 8.1 pro won't activate with just wmc key without the pro version getting activated and that's why I did this toolkit. this toolkit inserts the generic wmc activation tokens which have been extracted by upgrading windows 8.0 pro to pro wmc with generic key by store upgrade method. so this helps to activate the windows 8.1 pro wmc with just the wmc key and no need for pro key. so to do pre-activation you need to once activate the os with the wmc integration did with the toolkit and then again copy the activated tokens back to the "PreAct" folder and then use the toolkit function integrate pre-activation tokens for auto-activation.

and also you can't use pro key to activate the prowmc edition.

edit: in the above message its should have been - this toolkit inserts the generic wmc activation tokens which have been extracted by upgrading windows 8.0 prowmc to windwos 8.1 prowmc with generic key by store upgrade method.

7. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    O boy, i see mysel like a hydrant in fire.

question MSMG: You said "see I do have a free wmc which I use and when ever I do want to do fresh activation I do it by phone method and it gets activated."

What the need to refresh by phone always the same WMC key to obtain always the same serial code for the dialog boxes A to H ?????

One thing a know for sure, you're a genius to have made a ToolKit like that.

Next step, try my new Pro 8.1 WMC pre-activate very soon.

Tancrède

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    what I said was I do have a free wmc key which I do get activated by phone method when there is a fresh activation in the sense when i do upgrade the drivers coz when even there is change in some drivers the activation give up error some times as I have read it in other threads.

and rest of the time when I do use the same drivers for installation I do use the pre-activated iso so there is no need for fresh activation. the reason i do use phone activation is because the Microsoft will block the online activation after some number of times, hope you got it.

9. TTG

TTG MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2014
    Hi, i have used the tool to remove the standard apps of win 8.1 prof.

I've go a question about this: because i want to keep 2 of the apps, i had to remove the others one by one: choose app -> choose image (it is one .iso but shows win8.1 and win8.1 prof) -> mounting -> removing -> saving -> unmount ... this takes a lot of time... so perhabs you guys can improve the menu, so someone can choose specific apps to be removed?

the second thing is: after every app the tool asks me to re-build the image. should i do this or what does this mean?

thanks!

10. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    ok I will try to implement it in next version of toolkit and about the re-build the image, re-building the image something like defragmenting a hardrive to cleanup the leftover space and organise the files. when you remove or add any files/components to a wim image it alters the way the image stores the files. so a re-build is made to clean-up unwanted stuffs and to reduce the size of the final wim image. it's not necessary to re-build the image every time but you can use the re-build the image the last time before you are going to make a iso image or use the image for deployment. before I had set the re-build to do automatically but in the present edition I did gave a choice coz if there are a lot indexes in the image then it will take a lot of time so.

11. TTG

TTG MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2014
    ok thx!

so, now i have removed the apps and created the new image. but when i try tho boot it, i get the following message: "CDBOOT: Couldn't find BOOTMGR". I set the boot-type to UEFI and Bios. Any suggestions?

12. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    ok I will see what's the cause, I don't have a UEFI boot system so will take time

13. TTG

TTG MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2014
    hm... it seems this is not an issue with the toolkit but with my virtual box...

i've got an other question: in which location does the toolkit installs the WADK 8.1 ?

14. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    WADK 8.1 by default install to Program Files or Program Files (x86). ToolKit has option to copy the WADK 8.1 Tools to Bin\WADK folder so that you can use the toolkit on another system without installing the WADK 8.1

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Need Suggestions, Feature Requests for next versions of ToolKit, The next version comes with Windows 7/2008R2 support. just thinking of doing a GUI based ToolKit for future version coz that solve most of problems/limitations.

16. tancrède

tancrède MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    I had the same problem when booting my Win8.1. My Asus does not have UEFI, so i choose the makink of the image in Bios mode only, and it's OK for the booting. In the first place, i tought that BIOS_UEFI could do the job.

This Forum is fantastic. I can also practice my writing in English. I dont have the occasion to practice this language often unfortunately.

P.S. I was really mixup with the step about given a name to: Iso Label name and Iso file name. Maybe you can give more explications about this MSMG. People will ask less questions and that's gone a give more time to perfect the Tool, etc...

Tancrède

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    When a download a ISO file, say for example windows 8.1 pro and when the ISO file is downloaded and stored in your computer, it will be saved as something like this fr_windows_8_1_pro_x64_dvd.iso right, this fr_windows_8_1_pro_x64_dvd.iso is the ISO File Name

When you Burn this ISO file to a DVD and insert the DVD into the Computer, then in my computer under the CD/DVD section you will see something like W81_Pro for the DVD you inserted and this W81_Pro is the ISO Label.

18. TTG

TTG MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2014
    the following is a bit OT, but because i believe you know what you are talking about, perhaps you can help me understand it:

I am using Win 7 Prof 64 bit to manipulate the .iso-files. So if i use your toolkit everything is fine. But when i use the dism.ex in the cmd-console i get an error (0xc0000135). A bit of research in the web leads to the hint, that i should install the win8.1 adk-tools.

because i had used the MSMG-toolkit before, this has already been done. so i don't know why your tool is working (it uses the DISM-commands too) and the manually performed dism-commands not. can you explain this to me?

Thanks a lot for your great help :)

19. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #159 MSMG, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
    Since the Error (0xc0000135) appears for many reasons and not just for dism, so can't say what's exactly the issue.

On this windows 7 pro system did you installed the wadk 8.1 tools?
    if no did you just copied the toolkit with the bin\wadk folder to this system and then you are using the toolkit.
    if yes then the toolkit when starting up configure the dism path to bin\wadk instead of the one present in the windows 7 default system32\dism.exe and once the toolkit closes the path gets cleared.

so if you trying to edit wim outside the toolkit i.e on windows 7 pro then it uses the dism present in the windows\system32 folder and you can't service the windows 8.x wim with the previous version of wadk and so you need wadk 8.1 tools

if you don't want to install wadk 8.1 tools but you want to use the one in toolkit bin\wadk directory then you can use this simple script

save this below code block to file named SetWADK.cmd and place it inside the toolkit folder and run it and then try to use the commands in other command windows

Code:
    @echo off

set OSArch=
    set WADKPath=%~dp0Bin\WADK

If Defined ProgramW6432 (
       set OSArch=amd64
    ) else (
        set OSArch=x86
    )

set dism=%WADKPath%\%OSArch%\DISM\dism.exe
    set imagex=%WADKPath%\%OSArch%\DISM\imagex.exe
    set oscdimg=%WADKPath%\%OSArch%\Oscdimg\oscdimg.exe
    set etfsboot=%WADKPath%\%OSArch%\Oscdimg\etfsboot.com
    set efisysbin=%WADKPath%\%OSArch%\Oscdimg\efisys.bin

20. TTG

TTG MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2014
    thanks a lot!

I installed the WADK 8.1 on my win7 system... did not work.

i will try the script