1. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I would like it to be our biggest problem here... :)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It also show the translation is not 100%, only on Win 7 it is 100%.

3. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #16923 ingviowarr, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    I can confirm that people, which using 2-3 languages, expecting a big troubles with ugly mixed interface / names and have some artifacts.
    When they use at least 2 languages for UI + switch to another one, plus have different Regional standards and 3 or more languages in Language bar to write, then Windows becomes a mixed nightmare.

I'm also using 3 languages in the Language bar, using one russian UI and have other Location & Regional standards.
    BUT I never switch to other UI language globally after installation, that's why I never expect mixed / broken / artifact interface or smth. like this.

In our multi-national digital world any respectable OS should do this job just flawlessly, on the fly, I think.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm going forward I will only use the English version en-US so I will avoid unknown problems so far regardless of whether I made use of the MSMG Toolkit or not...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Apart from Language Interface Pack and Language Pack, you may also need to add Local Experience Pack which updates the UWP system apps language resources part of Windows 10.

6. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    So, after installing all these packages did Windows defender and all it's addons/adjunct/other components work properly for you?

I've tried 3 approaches. Yours, @MSMG's and even installed all 44 packages one by one, each time on a clean system. I have 4 services, none of which will start (Corrupt digital signatures, missing files, unsubscribed errors), and tasks that fail. There are some group policy entries, but they seem incomplete to me.

There is no UI in the settings APP, but that probably the SecUI systemapp that @MSMG was talking about

7. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #16927 ingviowarr, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    @Yanta

Just my 2 cents. May be easier (more reliable) way is to do so:

- Make a full backup of your system (just in case)
    - Prepare exactly the same ISO edition (1809), but with Defender+SmartScreen included (not removed). May be (I'm not sure) integrate rescent updates also : people say W10UI utility is the most reliable.
    - Reinstall over live system
    - Reapply your security / ptrivacy settings, GPO, tweaks, etc. (AutoSettingsPS is great for massive applying tweaks. You can even backup your GPO settings with it)
    - Recheck installed programs, if they are still OK.

To be honest, I don't welcome such methods, but in your situation it may appear acceptable.

8. windows builder

windows builder MDL Guru

Sep 13, 2017
    Please use a spoiler.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. sangdouren

sangdouren MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2020
    Excellent tool. Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

10. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    I was beginning to feel that was going to have to be an option. I'm not a fan either. I have seen so many people totally brick their systems doing in place upgrades.

I'm not really pressed for time, so I'm going to hang out for an alternative, but I can certainly test your suggestion on a spare pc.

I wasn't planning on adding smartscreen. I thought smartscreen was dependent on defender, not the other way around.

Lol, I was just thinking about it; In over 30 years of installing Windows I have never installed a copy of Windows over the top of an existing copy.... :)

11. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    I'm too :) NEVER.
    Yes. Thar's why I said I don't welcome such method. But it can appear workable also.
    They are both depend on each other. SmartScreen have many other relationships in the system.
    For example, w/o SmartScreen you won't be able to install apps using standard methods, but only using PowerShell.
    And my 100% advise is returning MS AV in a complete way (Defender+SmartScreen).
    Then you can play with disabling SmartScreen there and there. Over GPO it works like a charm.
    So, your system files will appear healthy and COMPLETE.
    Also, if you decide to use AutoSettingsPS, don't hurry up too much:
    - Read the readme
    - Feel free to use [1] Configs-Checks -> [3] Check all parameters - this is only CHECK (nothing unexpected will happen)
    - Prepare "Presets.txt" that is suitable FOR YOU. Remember: almost everything you want will come from your "Presets.txt"
    - Do not use "quick presets" until you understand everything the rest (this is for pretty advanced users / later usage: "set and forget" option).

12. LiuBang

LiuBang MDL Member

Oct 19, 2020
    in MSMG toolkit there is an option to integrate Directx 9c and VCRuntime
    now the question i wanted to ask is like this
    if i integrated these 2 do i still need to install directx and all vc runtimes(2010,2013 etc..) or they are integrated and i don't need to install them again to play the games that require them to be installed and everything will run normally ?
    Thanks in advance

13. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    @LiuBang integrating them you don't need to install again. But VC runtime receives updates very often and the packs take time to be updated so it is better to integrate only DirectX and install VC runtime after installing Windows.

Visual C++ Redistributable AIO Repack

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^
    it's simple friend, according to MSMG just wait for the next version of the Toolkit...

15. AkarshM

AkarshM MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2020
    While integrating CU using WHD, which one should we integrate it to: Boot, Install or Recovery? I'm not looking for anything in specific, just the latest update to be applied on my installation, that's all.

16. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Those cab files contains the actual files and registry that get installed with the OS.

Since the ToolkitHellper uses manual method and removes more in depth than the standard DISM /Remove-Package, think the restoration of Defender using the CAB files aren't working properly or the SecUI SystemApp may be required too.

May be you could try as ingviowarr said, do an in-place upgrade to same edition and version with defender retained and the SmartScreen is not required for Defender.

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    For average user the Install is enough.

18. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011