1. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #17041 ingviowarr, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    @graver.x

I'm not an expert and not sure about other issues in CBS.log, but have one advise for you (and everybody here) - do not remove 2 dependent packages responsible for making Restore Point:
    • SystemRestore
    • WindowsBackup

1) Making Restore Points while you use OS long time - isn't a great option to be safe and always have solid working configuration saved (by you manually or/and by system automatically)?

2) One of your issues (according to CBS.log) - is (missing) srclient.dll - Microsoft® Windows System Restore Client Library.
    So system would not able to fix some issues (if any and if you accept such method, of course).

2. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    @MSMG has already said that this current version will work with 19042.572. I admit that this information isn't the easiest to find
    Like you I do not want to be working with preview update and installing them. I aim to recreate my image on the second Tuesday of each month, which is usually when Microsoft release stable updates.

3. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Feartamixg - I now for 100% everything you mention.
    That were arguments only for @Enthousiast

I have a question to you.
    Do you have Edge installed anyway in build 572 and MSMG v10.7 (if you actually had wanted to remove Edge)?

4. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    Yes, Edge Chromium remains installed. Although I do not use it, I would rather keep it as a backup browser - ie: for when I suspect a website might not be working in Firefox (rare).

5. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Feartamixg
    I see... Remaining the Edge was your decision.
    Not exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks, anyway.

6. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
    What is it you want to know? I can perhaps test removing Edge Chromium tomorrow, if you wish? Which image, x86 or x64?

7. Yanta

Yanta MDL Senior Member

May 21, 2017
    Awesome stuff. Thank you so much.

8. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    Don't worry, please. Someone who have build 508 installed can confirm whether Edge still there or not (when it should be removed over lists).

9. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    I'll try that, though I have deleted that package from the offline image and also deleted the WinSxS folder (and I have removed Windows Update) and Edge still installs... oh no, more tests, more headaches. Waiting for MSMG to save us from hell LOL

10. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #17051 ingviowarr, Nov 1, 2020
    I have made a 2 tests with 2 Enterprise builds : 572 & 608 - both installations FAILED with same HW configuration error during setup.
    NEVER had such error. I see this 1-st time in my life. :(

Both images were based on one ESD build 572 (official MS delivery) and converted to ISO.
    Build 572 - without integating updates. Build 608 - with one KB update.
    No errors during the whole process: download, convert, mount, update, edit, rebuild, etc...

This is the first time I've used ESD. Before I always used to ISO only.

Now my test machine have no OS and I need to install stock build first...
    "Have a look under the cap, and have a try again" (C). Just wonderful.

11. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
  12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm there really is something wrong, here the other day it happened to me also during the installation the system stated that my hardware was not compatible !! and restarted alone so I put the pendrive with LTSC and I am running now without problems this way I am running these new versions of Windows I will stay with LTSC as long as possible ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
    #17054 graver.x, Nov 1, 2020
    ingviowarr,
    You may be right in your assumption that removing these two components can lead to sfc problems. But since we are not experts, we will wait for MSMG's response. I hope the result of my test will be useful for improving the Toolkit.

Creating restore points has long been a useless option for me. Therefore, since the Toolkit allows you to do this, I would like to remove these components as well.
    Acronis_WinPE.iso + Shadow Defender = (for my experience) - the best tools to ensure the safety of my OS.

In addition, as far as I understand, reading the forum, such a problem should not arise with EN_US images. Therefore, I assumed that the sfc errors are still related to the remaining resource files.

I hope MSMG will soon dispel our doubts :yeahright: :g:

14. graver.x

graver.x MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2020
    My humble opinion - and this option is not excluded. By the way, I came across the fact that for a mysterious reason for me the script
    uup.rg-adguard.net, used on my PC, does not work properly, giving errors of integration of updates, etc...
    in contrast to it, the script uup.dump.ml creates images in the best possible way, without errors.

15. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #17056 MSMG, Nov 1, 2020
    (OP)
    Yes checked with Step 2-1,2-2 the ESD-WIM feature is broken fixing it now, it will be available in next version.

16. ojojoj

ojojoj MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2016
    Same happens for me :( HW error on install :( :( :(

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The Toolkit component remover is neither backward nor forward compatible it works only with the version to which it is updated to.

If you use v572 then don't remove Internet Explorer and Kernel Debugging.
    If you use v610 then don't remove Kernel Debugging.

Rest of the components can be removed, From next version will stick to released CU's only.

18. xlincn

xlincn MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2013
    10. 7 The deletion is too slow