1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Please use English to communicate here, the next version will be available today or tomorrow.

2. MIMMO61

MIMMO61 MDL Senior Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Thank you. many.
    I'm sorry, I didn't activate the translator.

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    #17104 MSMG, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    (OP)
    I have made changes to Toolkit's menu in next release, below are the changes

1) Removed Convert menu from main menu as it was missing the proper order of Toolkit functioning.

Now the Main Menu looks like this

Code:
    ===============================================================================
                               MSMG ToolKit - Main Menu

[1]   Source

[2]   Integrate

[3]   Remove

[4]   Customize

[5]   Apply

[6]   Target

[7]   Tools

[X]   Quit

Enter Your Choice :

2) Moved the items Convert Store ESD, MCT and Custom ESD into Source Menu as below

Code:

MSMG ToolKit - Source Menu

[1]   Select Source from <DVD> Folder

[2]   Copy Source from DVD Drive

[3]   Extract Source from DVD ISO Image

[4]   Extract Source from OEM IMG Image

[5]   Extract Source from Store ESD Image

[6]   Extract Source from Media Creation Tool Image

[7]   Extract Source from Custom Windows ESD Image

[X]   Go Back

Enter Your Choice :

3) Moved the Convert WIM to ESD into Tools->WIM Manager menu as below

Code:

MSMG ToolKit - WIM Manager

[A]   Display
      [B]   Rename
      [C]   Delete
      [D]   Export
      [E]   Convert
      [F]   Split
      [G]   Merge
      [H]   Upgrade
      [I]   Capture
      [J]   Apply
      [K]   Cleanup

[X]   Go Back

Enter Your Choice :

People who do follow the custom menu orders do make the necessary changes in your info.

4. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    #17105 Bokeron, Nov 2, 2020
    1. Sure, I can wait for the next release. The which-WIndows-build-and-Toolkit-version-can-use-together-or-not is a bit maddening for me right now but I'm trying to understand it.

2. I don't remove the firewall. It's one of the few things I leave. I remove Defender antivirus/malware/etc

3. I'm getting errors while removing those items. Path is short, C:\TK ... and I have NO antivirus at all since Windows 98.

4. I suppose those errors may be related to using both DISM and Helper methods to remove the most I can. There are things that DISM doesn't remove and some other that Helper can't either, that's why I mix them.

Could you recommend the best 'mix' for removing the full list of items between both methods?

Thanks!!!

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. miketunes

miketunes MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2010
    I also see the clean source only lists 2004 versions, is there not a clean source for 2009 available?

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No, 2009 = 2004 + 20H2 EP + 20H1 updates, the base still is 20H1/2004/19041.1.

8. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Though I don't recommend, all I can say is don't remove the same components using both the methods.

9. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The problem is with the recent CU's which generates Ghost SFC errors when Cleanup-Image is run and ESD available from MS is pre-cleaned images with more SFC errors.

I haven't checked MCT, will test when I do get time.

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok waiting thanks a lot :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    FYI : Checked two stock MSDN [RU] images (distributed as adguard ISOs) 19041.508 and 19041.572 - both are INCONSISTENT (SFC failed), just after installation.
    ru_windows_10_business_editions_version_20h2_x64_dvd_979d1230.iso
    ru_windows_10_business_editions_version_2004_updated_oct_2020_x64_dvd_639c5230.iso

12. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #17113 ingviowarr, Nov 2, 2020
    2004 (19041.1) - What the number of build exactly to find 3-rd party ISO shares over Internet?
    I can't use dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com / UUP due to a massive security restrictions / firewall rules / DNS blocks over various places inside my main OS.

The only exception - I can download single files (e.g. ISO/ESD) from dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com over TOR, but can't use direct links spreaded over UUP scenarios or in standard way (main browser / ISO tools / etc.).
    Only by single file over TOR, I have no other way to download from M$ delivery servers.

If you know any hash number for the proper Business/Enterprise [RU] ISO, please post it also.
    I need only 2 the proper numbers: build (w/o SFC errors) and hash. Thanks.

13. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    OK. Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

Let's consider it this way now, please: Which method is preferable/cleaner/thorough?
    So if I have a package to remove and should only use one method, which is the order from best to least-best method to try? DISM <> Helper <> AppList

14. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #17115 ingviowarr, Nov 2, 2020
    [2] Toolkit method is recommended (for usual disros).

15. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    So... 1st, Helper, 2nd DISM, 3rd AppList.
    Thank you!

16. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    @Bokeron

I'm always use only these 3 lists to remove / disable (according to templates) and always Toolkit method:

DisableFeaturesList.txt
    RemoveAppsList.txt
    RemovePkgsList.txt

Note: No DISM list (method) for me!

17. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    May I ask why don't you use DISM?
    I remove almost everything from every list. Would that change the order you follow?

18. ingviowarr

Dec 14, 2009
    #17119 ingviowarr, Nov 2, 2020
    Because this is recommended by @MSMG : to be sticked to the rule to use ONLY ONE method from two.
    And Toolkit method was always recommended. Simple.

I didn't tried both at once. As @MSMG said, you may try, but only on your own risk.
    (Before his message I thought using both methods at once is "highly restricted", "wrong" or likely a "user fault")

---------
    Note: Removing of many apps / packages are not proposed by MSMG to stay within safe borders.
    But I always wish the capabilities of MSMG bundle become expanded with removing system apps without limits, as an "extra" options for advanced users that don't care about SFC checks, but want more debloated OS (in spite of CU are not avalable anymore).

To be clear:

SFC checks are important:

- for original source disrtos (to check M$ quality itself, because they fail with their own images) due to poor QC (Quality Control)
    - for MSMG bundle with present capabilities

SFC checks don't matter (they will obviously fail):
    - for hardened custom images or purely debloated live OS with system apps removed and w/o functional CU

19. Bokeron

Bokeron MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    @ingviowarr

I've been deleting almost everything with MSMG Toolkit 10.4 and Windows 19041.264. Used all the lists, and errors were managed more gracefully than current version (and there were few than now). I cleaned with resetbase and didn't even cared to try sfc.

Everything I wanted to keep was working without a single problem. Now I can't even remove Edge and get errors on different phases and elements depending on Toolkit/Windows versions combination.
    I'm about to give up and go back to previous versions. I'll wait for next update to see if it solves these problems and can remove everything it was able to remove before.