1. Feartamixg

Feartamixg MDL Addicted

May 15, 2016
  2. digitalized

digitalized MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2017
    #17522 digitalized, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing issues removing Edge Chromium - I went from the beginning with an unmodified install.wim for Windows 10 (20H2) and the updated ToolkitHelper.exe, however, it still remains after installation. I tried both removal through menu options as well as running ToolkitHelper from an NSudo launched command prompt. Both times ToolkitHelper reported success.

Only other customisations performed are:
    1) adding the en-gb language pack [before attempting Chromium Edge removal]
    2) Tweaks to prevent automatic Windows version upgrade, restore Photo Viewer, disable Task View and disable Cortana [done as final steps before applying changes to the image]

Has this been tested with the latest 2020 H2? What info would be helpful to sort this? Thanks

Is there anything I could look for in the log file that would assist?
    What is ToolkitHelper doing for Edge removal - shall I try any of these steps manually?

3. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    What's the source image you are using like UUP ISO, Store ESD or MCT ESD?

And did you integrated the required updates to image?

4. ralph65

ralph65 MDL Novice

Dec 22, 2015
    #17524 ralph65, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Buonasera ho eseguito tutti i passaggi con lo strumento msmg ma non ottengo il ripristino ISO con dart. Ho un ISO da 4,7 GB.
    I would like to use windows 10 recovery disk to add dart. It can be done?

5. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
  6. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    It's been fixed, just a typo error in component category name broke the removal process, now it's working fine.

In case anyone needs it to be fixed early, just change the below strings

InternetComponents to Internet
    MultimediaComponents
    to Multimedia
    PrivacyComponents
    to Privacy
    RemotingComponents
    to Remoting
    SystemComponents
    to System

and change this block of code

Code:
    for %%j in (InternetComponents,MultimediaComponents,PrivacyComponents,RemotingComponents,SystemComponents,SystemApps,WindowsApps) do (
        if "%ComponentName%" equ "%%j" (
            rem choice /C YN /N /M "Removing %ComponentDescription% Continue... ['Y'es/'N'o] : "
            rem if errorlevel 2 goto :RemoveWindowsComponentsMenu
            echo.This feature has been disabled in this version due to a bug...
            echo.If you are removing Component groups then use the Remove using List method...
            echo.
            pause
            goto :RemoveWindowsComponentsMenu
        )
    )

to

Code:
    for %%j in (Internet,Multimedia,Privacy,Remoting,System,SystemApps,WindowsApps) do (
        if "%ComponentName%" equ "%%j" (
            choice /C:YN /N /M "Removing %ComponentDescription% Continue... ['Y'es/'N'o] : "
            if errorlevel 2 goto :RemoveWindowsComponentsMenu
        )
    )

7. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    Will release the new version tomorrow.

8. digitalized

digitalized MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2017
    Source image is the VLSC ISO. I tried the source ISO as well as with 630 (KB4586781) CU integrated.

Are additional updates required to enable this process to work properly? For fun, I tried an old 2004 build with old Edge (non-Chromium) - the removal worked fine regardless of updates integrated.

9. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    The removal of normal Edge Chromium which gets integrated through 20H2 Enablement package was working from start, only the installed Edge Chromium in Store downloaded ESD image had a issue which was fixed in last update.

The VLSC ISO you used contains which CU integrated? Please do post the ISO name.

Yes you need to integrate the correct CU supported by the Toolkit removal program.

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @MSMG sorry to bother you with a question that may be unusual, but how do I make the background color of the script always black since I am used to using cmd a lot on windows (by default always black) and I think black is even more comfortable remember the famous blue screens of death in times of Win2K thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
    7->3->1 Set ToolKit Color Settings, [1] Black - White

or

Change color 1f to color 07 in script for permanent Black background and White foreground color.

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yes you are the guy thank you again :good3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok thanks, but I already followed our Master inside of script :)

14. inTerActionVRI

inTerActionVRI MDL Expert

Sep 23, 2009
    I like yellow letters I was very angry when I went to the cinema to see some movies of other nationalities and the subtitles were in white with a white background. :):D:eek::p
    It was then, I developed a taste for yellow letters, yellow background is very rare in movies.

15. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Senior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    As well as for submarines.